Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX NDA lifted at 1200Z!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I agree it’s great fun to learn each aircraft in as much depth as possible. In my situation I flew the excellent 738 Zibo mod in X-Plane for years. I hesitated for a while doing things the Airbus way, but with the help of 320SimPilot and others I’ve gotten the hang of it. Getting re-familiarized with the 737 sure took some effort (I barely touched X-Plane since august 2020), but being able to use two excellent in-depth airliners in the (IMO) by far best sim has been nothing short of exhilarating.

For GA it depends on my mood I guess; Kodiak is my number one go-to, but just today I made a short hop in the default Skyhawk checking out Venice and Bolzano. So many options, it’s quite fantastic 😁

Just one question remains I guess: will I keep flying the FBW when the Fenix releases?

.... as much as i loved the FBW 320 and am in awe of the work they have done, ill be focusing on this bird from now on.... plus i could use the room on my SSD

• Like 1

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

I don’t know about anyone else but I really don’t want the media campaign to go on much longer like PMDG have done (not a dig just not my preference) I hope they plan to release in the next couple of days.

There is only so much I want to see and the rest I want to reveal for myself.

• Like 2

Just now, Carts85 said:

I don’t know about anyone else but I really don’t want the media campaign to go on much longer like PMDG have done (not a dig just not my preference) I hope they plan to release in the next couple of days.

Aamir said it's not going to be a week of streams, so I think it's very likely the release will be no later than this weekend.

If I had to bet, I think it will be on Friday.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

So what's the first thing you guys are going to do once you have it installed?

I'm going to shoot the approach into Toncontin at night with heavy rain. Max Landing Weight. See how good those brakes are. 😂

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

13 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Aamir himself had to respond to this very question this afternoon to reassure those who were doubting his earlier statement about not prolonging the streaming period 🙂 https://discord.com/channels/736572376967282769/736572377428787221/974768861515763723
"I still stand by that statement, it is the truth. We're not really planning 1 week of streaming and stuff like that."

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 minute ago, WestAir said:

So what's the first thing you guys are going to do once you have it installed?

I'm going to shoot the approach into Toncontin at night with heavy rain. Max Landing Weight. See how good those brakes are. 😂

I'll be doing and streaming starting out of the delivery center in LFBO.  I'll also be giving away 2 copies (on my own-not FNX sponsored) during the FRI and SAT streams.  We'll do the actual giveaways on SAT so everyone has a chance.  Sorry about the self promo.  🙂 The actual dates yet to be determined by the release date.  If they release before this weekend, then it will this FRI-SAT.

• Like 6

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

2 hours ago, anden145 said:

If you mean the PMDG one, then yes I did. But I have to admit, that this Fenix bird is a step above... 🙂

Ah yes, PMDG. That's the one. Just briefly forgot the name. Funny about that 🙄

Nah, I'd better be quick to admit that I've enjoyed that one heaps since release. But it does seem that Fenix is about to raise that bar even higher. 

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

20 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

"I still stand by that statement, it is the truth. We're not really planning 1 week of streaming and stuff like that."

So that should clearly be a release before the weekend then!!! 🤗

Let me check my weekend schedule:
- childs birthday (canceled)
- my own wedding (canceled)
- body hygiene (canceled)
- sleeping (canceled)

• Like 16
  • Upvote 2

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@guenseli we think alike mate! Clearing my calendar now….

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Another one from 320SimPilot:

Incredibly interesting video. Makes we want that thing even more! Come on! Weekend?

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

flightdeck2sim who's an IRL 737NG captain and veteran simmer just finishing up his stream, I captured some of his comments below FWIW (https://www.youtube.com/c/flightdeck2sim/about):

- "best sounds yet"
- "the best interactive EFB I've ever used in any sim"
- "fuel burn is much better in latest release candidate"
- "manual handling of this is absolutely spot on"
- "just looking at the screens and sounds, it just looks so real, amazing"
- "landing/arrival performance calculations are super super special in the EFB, incredible feature"
- "I fly the Challenger 650 in X-Plane, the level of simulation is at the same level here"
- "with the release of PMDG 737 and this aircraft what a future we have for MSFS"
- "the pixels on the displays and how it's displayed, absolutely bonkers, I've never seen anything like this"
- "flying this has been amazing"
- "what an add-on!, absolutely incredible, can't believe it"
- "that was the most fun I've had in an airbus, ever"
- "very generous pricing for what you're getting"
- "my love/hate relationship with airbus is certainly erring on the side of love now"
- "I'll jump back into streaming the Zibo and PMDG 737, if anyone still wants to fly the 737 after this :)" ... "am really looking forward to flying the PMDG 737 more"

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 13

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

As we await the release, I wanted to recommend a resource that I think will be useful to those for whom the Fenix will be their first Airbus -- and maybe also to some who have been flying Airbuses for a while. I'm talking about Mike Ray's A320 Pilot Handbook:

large_104_A320CLBW.jpg

Physical version:
https://www.utem.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=104

Downloadable PDF:
https://www.utem.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=18

Admittedly, this book isn't cheap (certainly the physical version isn't), but it was invaluable to me when I transitioned from the familiar Boeings to the alien Airbus. There's a lot of solid technical content here, and though the presentation may at first seem a bit whimsical, I actually found that this helped me absorb the material better than a dry description would have. What I find particularly valuable is how the book points out various "gotchas" ("why has it gone into TOGA LK again, and how do I get out of it?").

Just an honest recommendation; I'm not affiliated with the author in any way.

• Like 12

@martinboehme,

Bought it, thank you for the recommendation!

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Long quoted post removed
  • Like 1