Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX NDA lifted at 1200Z!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Hehe - I'm sort of in the same situation.  With 4 kids, one a baby, I've got very little time to actually sim.  I can fire it up to test something quick but I don't prefer to have the baby in my lap (screens) and he pretty much needs constant attention.  It's been a hard realization for me actually.  FS is something I really enjoy, and am probably addicted to anyway.  I would give up all other PC games or software to continue to use flight sims.  But as rest of my kids age - it would be prudent to actually be there and parent them hehe.  I hope to get back on the flightsim train more consistently 5 years down the road or so.

I feel for you. My two sons are 36 & 33. My wife is normally in bed by 9pm, so if I'm not working I'll sim until about 5am then go to bed 😁

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I still haven’t pulled the trigger on purchasing a commercial jet for the sim. So busy with the GA stuff! Seems like each new release is like the flavour of the day. I’m only buying one, the PMDG or FENIX. As an introduction to the big stuff, is one way ahead in terms of simplicity? Maybe a should start a new thread, but there seems to be stuff in this post that is way off topic.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

7 minutes ago, Doering said:

I still haven’t pulled the trigger on purchasing a commercial jet for the sim. So busy with the GA stuff! Seems like each new release is like the flavour of the day. I’m only buying one, the PMDG or FENIX. As an introduction to the big stuff, is one way ahead in terms of simplicity? Maybe a should start a new thread, but there seems to be stuff in this post that is way off topic.

I'd say go for the Fenix. I used the 737-800 in X-Plane for a few years. Then the Airbus A320 after the release of MSFS, and especially after the excellent FBW mod became available. So I spent quite a bit of time in both aircraft (virtually of course). I find that the Airbus is certainly the most user-friendly of the two. 

4 hours ago, Aamir said:

Yeah, the A320 is an incredibly complex airplane, and there's a lot of it available for you to dive into in the Fenix, if you want to - but one of the core characteristics of this airplane is it's sheer friendliness and usability, which is what the several dozen computers behind the scenes are working so hard for! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

17 minutes ago, Doering said:

The Airbus is a lot easier to fly, much is automated. It gets only really complex if/when you are doing non-standard procedures (failures, MELs etc.), but you obviously don't have to do it. I'd say A320, unless you adore the 737 (like I do).

@Aamir

I'd be interested how the flight model was done. Is it outside of the sim or does it use the MSFS physics?

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

8 minutes ago, tweekz said:

@Aamir

I'd be interested how the flight model was done. Is it outside of the sim or does it use the MSFS physics?

As far as I know @Aamir have said, that it's a (highly) tweaked version of the internal flight-model, using MSFS physics.

EDIT: His post here

I made a comment in an attempt to be fully transparent that ended up being received wrong. To be clear, we have not just copy/pasted a default engine model and gone "yep, that's good". We started from scratch using every inch of the SDK available to us to make an engine simulation that represents the CFM56 as accurately as possible within the confines of MSFS. Further, we've created an external simulation for spool logic, starts, EGT, and a few other details. We started to investigate pushing everything 'engine' outside the sim and into our own code, but the reality is it'll potentially take months. None of this is to say the current engine model is bad by any means - we're actually really happy with the numbers we're hitting, and apart from a few edge-cases where the FF etc might read a little higher/lower than you'd expect, performance of the aircraft is will within margin. We'll put some more information about our plans regarding the engine model soon, it's a small weakness but a weakness we want to address, and address right. Masking the issue is not an option, we're going for the full monty.

Edited by anden145
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

7 hours ago, Carts85 said:

Plus in 15 years I’ll be 51 which I expect will be around the start of my peak time of enjoying the sim as my career winds down and I’ll have more time to really spend on it with my kids grown up too.
Makes me think of the guys that are in there twilight years now and are at that pinnacle point of being able to enjoy this and reflect back on the their flight sim journey probably back from the 80s, crazy how far it’s come.

That will be me.  I'm 60 now and have been flight simming since my first one on the Sinclair Spectrum - I think it was called 'Fighter Pilot'.  Just green for the ground and blue for the sky, with triangles for the enemies!  After my wife goes to bed I spend all night simming until about 5am.  I'm always thinking I would like to be a bit younger so I could see where flight simulation goes in the future.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

@Fiorentoni, @Car147, @Cpt_Piett Sold, the Airbus it will be. Thanks! Apparently the FENIX EFB is way ahead of the competition and the a/c is not a killer on frame rates. I’m running a 2080ti, so I should be good.

• Like 4

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

Does anybody know if Fenix will be working on adding visual effects to their a320 such as wing condensation as shown in the below short video?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

That will be me.  I'm 60 now and have been flight simming since my first one on the Sinclair Spectrum - I think it was called 'Fighter Pilot'.  Just green for the ground and blue for the sky, with triangles for the enemies!  After my wife goes to bed I spend all night simming until about 5am.  I'm always thinking I would like to be a bit younger so I could see where flight simulation goes in the future.

That's awesome! You're my hero and gave me an excellent idea how to sim and keep the wife happy when I retire. Thank you, sir!

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

Does anybody know if Fenix will be working on adding visual effects to their a320 such as wing condensation as shown in the below short video?

That is sweet! Heaven forbid we may use an external camera when flying! Airplane spotting at its best!

9 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

60 is the new 50 these days. Am sure you’ll be around for many more years to see where this hobby goes buddy 🙂

• Like 6