Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX NDA lifted at 1200Z!!!!!!!!!

V1 on his stream:

The Fenix is a new benchmark in flight simulation!

• Like 11

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

37 minutes ago, tweekz said:

V1 on his stream:

The Fenix is a new benchmark in flight simulation!

Hi, who is V1 and what's his stream link?

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I have hidden all the posts concerning using one license on two separate computers. This may or may not be a violation of Fenix's licensing. Fenix will need to provide the judgement call on this.

Also, the way I read the number of machines post concerning re-activation on a license it doesnt say you can use your copy on 3 machines. It states that the additional machines will be added to increase your ability to renew your license.

Please no more discussions about multiple machine usage of a single license.

• Like 4

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

Hey Abrams, it's this one https://www.youtube.com/user/acdelta57/about, see live stream link below.. even now he's talking about how the Fenix will be the top mark that every other study level aircraft will be compared against regardless of sim, and like tweekz said above, he's still throwing around the "new benchmark" term a lot 🙂

Some of his other comments so far:
- "the immersion that you get from this airplane is nothing like what you've seen before, you saw a little bit of it with FSLabs"
- "Fenix has crushed this"
- "I have no doubts, this aircraft will be the benchmark going forward for this sim platform and other sim platforms"

- "oh my gosh there is flaps buffeting... that's it I just wanna quit my day job and keep flying this plane"
- "I don't know if you should worry about other devs or not, but it is definitely the new bar"
- "wing flex looks perfect"
- "nose gear little bit twitchy on touchdown"
(more due to current MSFS ground physics probably?)
- "gear suspension and compression and flex looked good on landing"
- "obviously immersion is incredible"
- "definite performance hit to my system"
(he's going to try in other default sceneries without add-ons also)
- "rotation feels really good"
- "performance really good now after I changed the settings to use the GPU for display processing... much better now... buttery smooth now on ultra settings"
(he is also now flying in an area without heavy scenery add-ons)
- "hand flying feels really good"
-
while hand flying: "no has ever really nailed the simulating of airbus landing flare in all sims ... but this feels pretty good"

His final comments starting here: https://youtu.be/UbXqAew3kRg?t=11415
- "my wrap up: "systems are really well done, rto handled perfectly and spoilers/brakes/etc, brake temps were a bit off ... sounds could've been done a bit better, remember I'm super critical on sounds, they are very good sounds but in some specific areas they can be a bit louder ... is it worth it? absolutely!, encompassing feeling of a complete aircraft ... also best EFB I've ever used in any sim ever, I like it better than my real EFB on the airbus I fly, perfect immersion of pilot's job ... they absolutely nailed the immersion on the head, 10/10, this is the aircraft everything else will be compared against"

He is seeing high cpu usage and low gpu usage with his 3090, but that's more of a core SU9 issue I think? He's not sure if it's specific to the Fenix A320... interesting contrast to 320simpilot and others who're getting really good smooth fps. Will also be interesting to play around with the Fenix settings to offload aircraft displays processing to pure CPU, iGPU, or discrete GPU.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 6

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

3 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

He's a real world A320 captain and regular streamer. Mostly on XP (ToLiss & Flight Factor).

• Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Awesome comment from V1. Fenix HQ must be on fire right now.

V1: That's it, I'm done. I don't need to go to work anymore 

• Like 2

Very exciting stuff to read and watch how this model is crushing everything out there! I’m away with family commitments till next Tuesday, so I will have to wait a bit for my introduction to this incredible jet if released as predicted. Have fun gents and gals who are anxiously awaiting!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

On Fenix main page :

spacer.png

Only for 9,999,999.99 GPB

• Upvote 1

"£9,999,999.99 GBP"

🙄 what comes next?

"SOON™"?

;)

• Upvote 2

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just now, guenseli said:

"£9,999,999.99 GBP"

🙄 what comes next?

"SOON™"?

😉

My credit card was declined.  😉

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

22 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

V1: That's it, I'm done. I don't need to go to work anymore

Yeah, that was when he saw the flaps shaking in the wind.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

41 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Hey Abrams, it's this one https://www.youtube.com/user/acdelta57/about, see live stream link below.. even now he's talking about how the Fenix will be the top mark that every other study level aircraft will be compared against regardless of sim, and like tweekz said above, he's still throwing around the "new benchmark" term a lot 🙂

Some of his other comments so far:
- "the immersion that you get from this airplane is nothing like what you've seen before, you saw a little bit of it with FSLabs"
- "Fenix has crushed this"
- "I have no doubts, this aircraft will be the benchmark going forward for this sim platform and other sim platforms"

- "oh my gosh there is flaps buffeting... that's it I just wanna quit my day job and keep flying this plane"
- "I don't know if you should worry about other devs or not, but it is definitely the new bar"
- "wing flex looks perfect"
- "nose gear little bit twitchy on touchdown"
(more due to current MSFS ground physics probably?)
- "gear suspension and compression and flex looked good on landing"
- "obviously immersion is incredible"
- "definite performance hit to my system"
(he's going to try in other default sceneries without add-ons also)

He is seeing high cpu usage and low gpu usage with his 3090, but that's more of a core SU9 issue I think? He's not sure if it's specific to the Fenix A320... interesting contrast to 320simpilot and others who're getting really good smooth fps. Will also be interesting to play around with the Fenix settings to offload aircraft displays processing to pure CPU, iGPU, or discrete GPU.

will try to keep updating as I watch 🙂

Thanks @lwt1971!  You are so detailed as usual!  Great information!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

more due to current MSFS ground physics probably?

Yeah, this is something that plagues MSFS from the start. It's far too sensitive on ground.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, tweekz said:

He's a real world A320 captain and regular streamer. Mostly on XP (ToLiss & Flight Factor).

All these XP streamers who are IRL airline pilots like FilghtDeck2Sim and V1 are loving MSFS more and more!  It's great that MSFS are winning over these high profile streamers!

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Just now, abrams_tank said:

All these XP streamers who are IRL airline pilots like Filght2Deck and V1 are loving MSFS more and more!  It's great that MSFS are winning over these high profile streamers!

MSFS basically hosts the most complete simulation of an aircraft to date. Those simmers go where the music plays.

I wonder how you want to compete with this level of detail and pricing on other platforms that offer a smaller market.

• Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved