Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX NDA lifted at 1200Z!!!!!!!!!

This plane not only lives up to the hype, but blasts through it.  Wow, just wow. 

Such innovation, detail and fully taking advantage of the MSFS visual platform. 

Thank you Amir and the Fenix development team. 

Edited by sim4good
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 2

The Fenix a320 is the perfect example of what happens when a developer is more concerned with giving what the customer wants and having their finger on the pulse of their market audience instead of doing what a developer “thinks” is the way to go. 

Granted, it does take some crazy awesome programmers to do the heavy lifting. Good work all around.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 2

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

1 hour ago, RobJC said:

I was convinced i would get the 737 but i am really impressed by this aircraft. I guess i am going to be an Airbus guy! 

I am a Boeing guy for P3d but I think I am converting to airbus after what I have seen with the fenix.

and will but the airbus thrustmaster  TCA captains pack.

cheers 

mike

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Zangoose said:

I don't think there is a need to mention someones voice - It's a bit harsh and would probably considered an insult. I don't know why all these threads often get derailed into some sort of "Oh I hate twitch" and "I don't like XYZ on twitch because of ABC" like enough is enough of these posts.

Just wait for the videos of when it's released by people you do like and make your own judgement from there. 

People can't comment on someone's voice now without it being considered an insult? Are you for real? How do you make it through life?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, jarmstro said:

All these streamers grate on me. No informative impartiality. Just a gushing love fest. I'm waiting for some proper reviews from the likes of Into The Blue or 320 Sim Pilot. 

I agree 100% - I cannot watch a second of these videos.

I'll say this again - the only review that counts in my book (besides buying the addon and making up my own mind) is the one from a simmer who bought this addon with his/her own money. and has no connection to the company making the addon, not as a "beta tester", "streamer", or what not. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 7

Personally after watching these streams and most importantly 320sim pilots one, I don’t even want an airbus from FSlabs I don’t want an A330 from them, I want it from FENIX. 

Im a little disappointed with Fslabs by coming late to the party and disregarding MSFS. Their latest update was meh. IMO…. <-this should be an offical Avsim disclaimer 

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 4

I’ve long been a lurker on these forums, but today I had to make an account and address some of the comments made about me. 

I know I’m not physically perfect, I’ve never claimed to be. I know better than anyone that I have vocal issues (I’ve been seeing speech therapists for many years now) - that coupled with my poorly configured microphone and the fact that my stream was the first time in 4 months I was able to sit at a desk due to poor health - it didn’t lead to the most optimal output. So for that I am sorry. I tried my best.

But all I will say, is I wasn’t there for me. I was there for you to be able to see the new aircraft. I hope you enjoy using it as much as I do, and if you choose to not purchase it, well I also hope you enjoy whatever other aeroplanes are in your hangar. :)

Thanks for listening. :) 

• Like 78
  • Upvote 8

4 hours ago, Bigt said:

People can't comment on someone's voice now without it being considered an insult? Are you for real? How do you make it through life?

Because it’s not the only comment I’ve seen where that specific streamer gets comments about their voice. It’s unfair - anyway we have moved on from that.

Edit: Didn't see the post above but that is what I was trying to explain.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 3

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

8 hours ago, edu2703 said:

I feel like other devs must be mad at Fenix for setting the bar too high.(FSLabs say so) From now on, every single airliner released for MSFS that cost over £50 will be compared to the Fenix. And woe to not offering a feature that Fenix has or the same texture quality that Fenix offers or if not, they will be bombarded with comments like: ''But, but Fenix has this and that and costs the same.''

Honestly, this might even be a good thing, if obviously this argument isn't used to bring unnecessary hate to a specific dev. The fact that Fenix managed to do all this using the, call by some, flawed MSFS SDK, may pressure and encourage other devs to do a better job on their addons.

That's actually a pretty good reason to buy it and support Fenix. That will show that lower prices can work and supporting Fenix will lead to more budget for them which means they can afford more developers and provide us with other high-fidelity aircraft.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

A pleasant surprise definitely, it just looks perfect. Someone's in trouble...

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Like 3

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

So far I really like what I see.

Only aspect I was surprised to find out about, and noticed by looking over at the engine parameters in the ECAM and finding that both engines were showing exactly the same values is the fact that they're using the native ASOBO / MFS turbine model... I would expect it to be custom since ProSIm is being used and I thought ProSim itself had a customized turbine model ?

I also found in one of the videos :

https://youtu.be/PsnqUQ7AlTA?t=7685

was a bit too squirrelly in the absence of significant winds on takeoff ( ? ) but it migh be due to "pilot error" 🙂

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I personally cannot wait until this realeases. The dedication to detail and cost to the customer for what we're going to recieve with this aircraft is stunning.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

5 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

In terms of the engine model this is what was mentioned;

HhrRGLH.jpg

NmuAaOw.jpg

Uh that‘s a bit underwhelming. Also it seems like because of that fuel flow is off (at cruise level). That‘s something I expect a study level aircraft to bring on the table, but well, I already figured it wouldn‘t be as perfect as it seemed. Can‘t have it all, I guess. Anyway they are already working on it, so that‘s okay for me. Still a very fine aircraft.

Also: Please create custom panel state saving and loading, or some other sort of persistant turnaround mode. That‘s the only feature I‘m bitterly missing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, edu2703 said:

I feel like other devs must be mad at Fenix for setting the bar too high.(FSLabs say so) From now on, every single airliner released for MSFS that cost over £50 will be compared to the Fenix. And woe to not offering a feature that Fenix has or the same texture quality that Fenix offers or if not, they will be bombarded with comments like: ''But, but Fenix has this and that and costs the same.''

Honestly, this might even be a good thing, if obviously this argument isn't used to bring unnecessary hate to a specific dev. The fact that Fenix managed to do all this using the, call by some, flawed MSFS SDK, may pressure and encourage other devs to do a better job on their addons.

With a bit of luck it will put the likes of Captain cash grab out of business....

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,