Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX NDA lifted at 1200Z!!!!!!!!!

17 hours ago, Aamir said:

Hi Bob,

The A320 can boil down to "ready to go" in around 10 steps if you discount flight planning. 

1. Plan your flight via SimBrief.

2. Load the aircraft on the runway of your choice.

3. It will load with engines running.

4. Look over to the EFB, hit the Fenix App, and import your SimBrief plan.

5. Click on weights and balance, hit import, then instant.

6. Look down at the MCDU - INIT - then INIT FPLN UPLINK - put in your planned cruise altitude and CI

7. Next page, input the weights and fuel you're using on your plan

8. Next page, over to the FPLN page, click your departure, and then simply select the runway and desired departure procedure (or just use none!)

9. Over to the PERF page, use the app in the EFB to get your numbers in 3 clicks, and stick em in the PERF page.

10. Set the flap as requested in the EFB, set the trim, hit the TO CONFIG button. Kick the bright and flashy bits on.

Hit the happy levers. 

It'll handle the entire departure for you, maintaining speeds, altitude constraints, the lot. All you need to do is set the altitude knob to your cruise level, and push once. She'll get there respecting all the required legalities.

(or you could fly all of that yourself, aided by the awesome fly by wire system - but either way, you've got the help if you want it!)

Yeah, the A320 is an incredibly complex airplane, and there's a lot of it available for you to dive into in the Fenix, if you want to - but one of the core characteristics of this airplane is it's sheer friendliness and usability, which is what the several dozen computers behind the scenes are working so hard for! 🙂

(Of course... there are quirks..)

If I understand this right, this is not able to use flightplans from the worldmap then ?

I have been trying to find out about that, as I only use Little Navmap and the Worldmap for flightplanning.

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

34 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

I would be interested in this as well. It may sound funny, but one of the features I was hoping for from the Fenix compared to the FBW was being able to do more than 2x sim rate. I have limited time for simming, and time acceleration enables me to do some of the longer sectors. 

They already confirmed on discord that it‘s 2x max. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

They already confirmed on discord that it‘s 2x max. 

Thanks for the confirmation (even if it's not what I'd hoped)!

What I find so compelling about this aircraft is the attention to almost unnecessary detail.

Meaning: You can put up sunshades, pull out the tray table, open a window and much more. 

Edited by FlyerNYC
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, martinboehme said:

I would be interested in this as well. It may sound funny, but one of the features I was hoping for from the Fenix compared to the FBW was being able to do more than 2x sim rate. I have limited time for simming, and time acceleration enables me to do some of the longer sectors. 

Fbw does 4x

Lukas Dalton

21 minutes ago, FlyerNYC said:

What I find so compelling about this aircraft is the attention to almost unnecessary detail.

Meaning: You can put up sunshades, pull out the tray table, open a window and much more. 

The sun visors actually helps a lot with the eye adaption thingy 👍

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

11 minutes ago, DaWu said:

Fbw does 4x

That's good news! This must be relatively new? I know for a long time they were limited to 2x, but said they were hoping to overcome that limitation. 

44 minutes ago, FlyerNYC said:

I am blown away by the Fenix and can hardly sleep while waiting to fly it myself but the things you mentioned were already possible and done in FSX addons...? I notice quite a few posts in this topic (from various people) saying how great this and that is while a lot, if not most, of what they mention is already available in for instance the FBW A32NX. But well, perhaps those posters aren't familiar with for instance the FBW. What I am trying to say is: if you get excited about the Fenix Airbus and post about it make sure you get excited about the really new stuff or people might start to think this is nothing really new. 😉

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, tup61 said:

I am blown away by the Fenix and can hardly sleep while waiting to fly it myself but the things you mentioned were already possible and done in FSX addons...? I notice quite a few posts in this topic (from various people) saying how great this and that is while a lot, if not most, of what they mention is already available in for instance the FBW A32NX. But well, perhaps those posters aren't familiar with for instance the FBW. What I am trying to say is: if you get excited about the Fenix Airbus and post about it make sure you get excited about the really new stuff or people might start to think this is nothing really new. 😉

Completely true, a lot of stuff is already available in other planes. Challenger 650 in xplane is insanely detailed for example.

However, this looks like it is going to be a wonderful addon and makes me want to say goodbye to my p3d "forbidden word" 737 and enter a new Era.

If only msfs had multiple monitor support. (Yes, I do have a rift s)...have been waiting 2 years for that. It's the main reason I'm still flying xplane11.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, guenseli said:

The complete catering stuff is not simulated and animated?
I've seen no stewards serving drinks and food in the streams. Who is brewing coffee?
Also, on the airports parking lot, the ticket automates needs proper displays and system simulation!

So many things to do!!!

It‘s silly, I know, but I‘d actually like animated passengers. Every time I park at a FlyTampa airport and especially Aerosoft‘s Brussels (my absolute favourite at the moment) I‘m surprised at how much animated people add to the overall atmosphere. Now if we could see them board the plane and take their seats in the cabin, wouldn‘t that be cool? (Or at least board and then sit, that would probably be easier to implement). I know it‘s not that important, but It’d still be nice to have as an option.

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

13 hours ago, Gerwil said:

I hope this Fenix A320 will perform well and look as good in VR as in 2D. It seems just perfect for VR, with everything in the EFB and no need for extra toolbar extensions except maybe the pushback tool. I hope it has a similar way to push and pull knobs and turn switches with the mouse left and right button (the way PMDG has introduced), is just perfect.

Can't wait!

Good question. The one in the FBW doesn‘t work that well in VR. I hope this one will be useable. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, DaWu said:

Fbw does 4x

No, it does not. At least it did not last week. It's 2x max.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hatchna said:

No, not at the same time. I mostly work from home, and my work desk is also where my primary PC is. My son uses Flight Simulator on the secondary PC while I am working, so he and I would be flying at different times. And when you're already on a tight budget, buying multiple copies of something to be used under the same roof really start to add up. I can't afford 2-3 copies of every 3rd party aircraft my kids any I would like to fly.

I can understand your predicament, but honestly I personally think it's on the edge, to install software on multiple computers at the same time, when you only control one license. The license is personal and it's only as a courtesy (if you change computers or hardware) that you're able to install it on 3 different configurations. It's not meant to be freely distributed as you please. It's not like Fenix is making huge amounts of cash on each sale and quite frankly I really think, that if you really need to install it on two computers - then buy two licenses. These guys really deserve it - and it's not that huge amount, to be honest. 

Sorry for sounding harsh and I mean no disrespect!

• Like 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Chewwy is live again. He’s also going to check out the updated Burbank scenery.

Edited by Tuskin38

If it's two different people in different places then that's a... stretch, but I see absolutely no reason why anyone should pay for another copy to swap their own machine. 

My computers die regularly, have to be repaired, one might be in another place. 

The de/re activation waiting for a little guy to wake up, have his coffee and pull a lever in the office seems like an absolutely horrible idea to me. 

I have other software that's one machine per time, but that movement to another machine does not require physical intervention from someone else. 

Edited by superspud
  • Upvote 1