Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

I am suffering from HD light activity and shimmers.

Hi,With regards to stuttering and HD light activity, which I have seen many people have issues with. I noticed that there is a "dark shimmer" that occurs when panning around from both inside and outside the aircraft and also while using TrackIr4, if you don't know what I mean just squint your eyes a little when in FSX. Otherwise the view is nice and crisp.I thought that the shimmer had something to do with my addon traffic causing the stuttershimmer and I disabled all the traffic by removing the traffic.bgl's and started a flight. The stutters and shimmers were still evident and I am beginning to think that it may well be my Viewsonic VP201s LCD that has a 16 millsecond response time. Does anyone out there have an LCD with 8, 5 or even better say a 3 MS response time and if so do you see what I have described above?

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest allcott

Have you experimented with fps sliders and vsync settings?Allcott

No I have not tried changing the settings. Things look pretty good right now and I am not sure whether I want to mess with the settings too much.

\Robert Hamlich/