Sign in to follow this  
avhpilot

Aerosoft Professional Flight Planner - and PMDG737

So, disappointingly this tool has not been updated to MSFS.

It seems to be a matter of modifying some of the export paths to the new sim. However those workarounds end up in error in my case.

Luckily, i still have FSX Steam installed. So, I have discovered that i can copy the exported flight plan (.RTE file) to that and copy/paste it in the 737 folder in MSFS

and I do not even have to restart a new flight letalone MSFS itself for that to take effect ! The FMC will find the new route regardless. Wonderful!

Also ..... when shutting the engines down and going to APU or GPU i will not get that annoying MSFS screen asking me if i want to end or continue the flight..... which is an advantage..

Edited by avhpilot

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

We have decided to cease the sales of PFPX to the end of the month (November 2021). Although it still is a good program we are making this decision after consulting the developers who have stated that PFPX will not be developed or updated further at this point and that the developer support will only run on a minimum. We´d like to point out that the subscription server will still be online and that valid subscriptions will still work.

I doubt you will see any further updates for PFPX - https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/167857-pfpx-taken-out-of-the-shop/ so you will have to see what you can workaround with.

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

5 minutes ago, avhpilot said:

However those workarounds end up in error in my case.

In what way ?

15 minutes ago, srcooke said:

In what way ?

a workaround is to set another path for 'FSX' in the export window. That needs to be a folder in 'Localstate'. When I do that i get a 'cannot write to that location' error.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

So not directly related to PFPX, the Localstate folder is not the correct location however running PFPX as admin the files can be saved there.

Such a shame they abandoned this great piece software, and TOPCAT. Even though I mostly use simbrief, PFPX still has certain features that I‘ve found worth paying for.

• Upvote 1

I used it yesterday. The flight plan worked fine but when I tried to load the winds I got an error message. Something about incorrect format.

NAX669.png

30 minutes ago, mwilk said:

I used it yesterday. The flight plan worked fine but when I tried to load the winds I got an error message. Something about incorrect format.

When exporting the route to the 737 drop the numeric suffix so it is ICAOICAO only, the wind will then uplink.

Edited by srcooke
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, srcooke said:

When exporting the route to the 737 drop the numeric suffix so it is ICAOICAO only, the wind will then uplink.

Thank you. I'll give that a try.

NAX669.png

Just in case you wonder why Christian Grill dropped further development of PFPX: https://salzburg.orf.at/stories/3153450/

FlightSimSoft evolved from a little flightsim startup to a firm that calls big US airlines their customers.

Even though development for PFPX stopped, I still prefer it over Simbrief, because of many functions, that I miss at simbrief.

Like company notams, scratchpad, a map that displays the current metar and UTC/local times at airports just by moving the mouse over it and many more...