Sign in to follow this  
Anthony25368

PMDG 737 Controls

I was wondering if  anyone here could give me an example of where their control sensitivity settings for the 737 are? I'm having trouble getting them to feel right with my saitek yoke system. Any help would be great. 

Thanks a lot

Anthony

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

Funny you should ask. I was just fiddling around with my own settings. I have a Saitek Yoke as well (for the time being. The trusted old horse is on its way out in August).

If I find something satisfactory I'll share it here. But no promises.

• Like 1

I assume you find the pitch and bank reaction to be too sensitive - they were for me using an MS Force Feedback II. I made some major adjustments and it's much less sensitive, yet still has ample pitch and bank authority.

Here's what I have for elevator and aileron settings - settings are the same for both elevator (y-axis) and aileron(x-axis):

Sensitivity+ and Sensitivity-: -15%

Dead Zone: 0%

Neutral: 0%

Extremity Dead Zone: 50%

Reactivity: 70%

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

2 hours ago, Anthony25368 said:

I was wondering if  anyone here could give me an example of where their control sensitivity settings for the 737 are? I'm having trouble getting them to feel right with my saitek yoke system. Any help would be great. 

Thanks a lot

Anthony

Can you take a picture of your actual settings now, please?
We might be able to sort it out regarding the elevators and ailerons sensitivity. They nailed the rudder but unfortunately, the nose wheel reaction is terrible., even though I use a dedicated tiller.
Despite ASOBO has an excellent menu for adjusting sensitivities, their aircraft physics are not entirely correct making every developer to face difficulties in this area. As an example, PMDG and others did not have any problems with P3D, while on this platform there are many challenges due to this very reason plus, that each yoke has its own characteristics and how you perceive all this. 
We can get you close but you also might need to adjust some settings in flight_model.

• Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

6 minutes ago, Boeing_Driver said:

Not to hijack this thread, but is there a way to assign instrument views to keys? (i.e., F5 for FMS, etc.)

Yeah.
Use CTRL+ALT+1 for example to save "custom camera 1" as your FMS viewpoint.

Then map F5 key to "Load custom camera 1"

• Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

5 hours ago, Anthony25368 said:

Thanks a lot

Anthony

I use Saitek Flight Yoke System and FSUIPC7 (assignments and calibrations) for the PMDG737-700.

Where exactly are you having a problem hand flying the aircraft with your controls setup?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I will try the settings from somiller hopefully that helps. Just doesn't feel quite right with my old settings

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

Like with everything else in life this is very subjective. Like drinks and food, the sim's graphics and sound, and the sim controls and aircraft behavior, I learned all seems very much a personal preference. You'll have to tweak and search for what works best for you, Having said this and having a Saitek yoke as well these are my settings:

Aileron sensitivity -30 and elevator -60,

TM Rudder sensitivity -70

No other tweaks in that department only for the PMDG 737 I've adjusted the nosewheel steering angle to 35 degrees.

Edited by Gerwil

48 minutes ago, Gerwil said:

No other tweaks in that department only for the PMDG 737 I've adjusted the nosewheel steering angle to 35 degrees.

Unfortunately, 35 degrees is affecting the turn radius during taxi. And you run into other issues.
Actually, that needs to be fixed by PMDG, other developers managed to tone down this issue.
But, the ASOBO is the problem here with unrealistic behavior and reaction to this matter. 

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

On my Honeycomb I have Elevator at -65 with reactivity on 70.  I think Ailerons are at -25% and 100 Reactivity.   I am still messing with it a little on flights but the elevator feels much better after toning down the Reactivity. I had never really touched that setting before..

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

somiller 

Thank you for your settings!! Plane feels much better now. I really appreciate the help everyone

Anthony

I m using logitech pro 3d joystick. my settings are:

Aileron - 20 sensivity. 20 reactivity. 

Elevator - 40 sensivity. Exteremity dead zone 20

Rudder - 55 sensivity. Extremity dead zone 30

Feel good with fbw 320 and pmdg 737.

• Like 1

Uygar

Best Regards

On 5/16/2022 at 2:07 PM, somiller said:

I assume you find the pitch and bank reaction to be too sensitive - they were for me using an MS Force Feedback II. I made some major adjustments and it's much less sensitive, yet still has ample pitch and bank authority.

Here's what I have for elevator and aileron settings - settings are the same for both elevator (y-axis) and aileron(x-axis):

Sensitivity+ and Sensitivity-: -15%

Dead Zone: 0%

Neutral: 0%

Extremity Dead Zone: 50%

Reactivity: 70%

having a similar control issue with the 737  that might be related to the sensitivities (porpoising that requires constant trimming to keep the plane flying level) so will try your settings - were you tweaking your settings in the MSFS controller options only? (can see there appear to be some deadzone/elevator settings in the pre flight options also (that seem to reset at the end of each flight)