Sign in to follow this  
mikeklimek

Drone Camera with Xbox Controller - Horizon Tilt

Several updates ago, there appeared to be a bug introduced where when viewing your plane with the drone camera, the horizon would start to tilt over time.  It's not an obvious movement, like "what's wrong with my controller?", but rather a very subtle effect that you notice after several minutes have gone by and you realize you need to correct it back to a level horizon.  

Does anyone recall if a fix or solution was found for this?  Is it specific to the controller or are others who don't use a controller experiencing this too?  

Edited by mikeklimek

I know what you mean, you can bind a button to Reset the horizon tilt somewhere in the menu, I forget the exact name but I've got this bound to one of my Xbox controller buttons so it's very quick.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

by default horizon reset is bound to the spacebar. Really no need to bind it to the controller unless you're nowhere near the keyboard. Or on an x-box.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

by default horizon reset is bound to the spacebar. Really no need to bind it to the controller unless you're nowhere near the keyboard. Or on an x-box.

...or using VR 😉

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

7 hours ago, mikeklimek said:

Several updates ago, there appeared to be a bug introduced where when viewing your plane with the drone camera, the horizon would start to tilt over time.  It's not an obvious movement, like "what's wrong with my controller?", but rather a very subtle effect that you notice after several minutes have gone by and you realize you need to correct it back to a level horizon.  

Does anyone recall if a fix or solution was found for this?  Is it specific to the controller or are others who don't use a controller experiencing this too?  

I am assuming you are using the default profile for the drone camera. If so, make a copy of the profile. By doing so you will have to have a different name for the new profile, use this 'new' profile and the drifting stops.

I don't know if MSFS has fixed the problem, but the fix I shared here fixed it for me way back when the problem was introduced. I never tried going back to the default profile. I have done the same for all my controllers.

• Like 1

Robin

31 minutes ago, Peterwk said:

May I ask how you make a new profile for the drone camera?

I am not at the computer now. If I remember correctly, at bottom of the controller's page there is a 'profile manager'. There is an option to copy the profile, once you select 'copy', a window pops up requesting a name for the copy. Name it, and you are good to go. Edit the copy profile as you wish.

Edited by Romeo_Tango

Robin