Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

Fuel XFLO Warning - Fuel Imbalance ??

Guest TonyPiech

I'm flying a Learjet in FSX and at take-off I receive an warning on the MFD screen that I have a "fuel XFLO". It seems that I'm drawing fuel from only the left wing tank. How do I correct the this problem and resolve the warning? I hit the "XFLO" button on the fuel information box, but nothing seemed to have changed. Later I receive a fuel imbalance warning. What buttons or sequence of buttons do I need to activate to resolve this problem.

Guest allcott

You can't without selecting an aircraft that has the `both` tanks setting as default. Obviously the flight you are using to start this scenario with has an aircraft with selectbale tanks, and the selection has been made to one side or the other, not BOTH.Allcott

Guest TonyPiech

I'm than stuck with flying this plane with a fuel imbalance and can't correct the problem or somehow get it back into balance?Or what or where are the settings to start a flight in a LearJet and have the fuel-flow from BOTH?? I can't seem to find a settings mode to do this.

Guest RonB49

>I'm than stuck with flying this plane with a fuel imbalance>and can't correct the problem or somehow get it back into>balance?>>Or what or where are the settings to start a flight in a>LearJet and have the fuel-flow from BOTH?? I can't seem to>find a settings mode to do this.Try this. Load your Learjet flight, then select the Aircraft menu and choose the Cessna 172. The C172's fuel selector will likely be set to either the left or right tank. Change the selector to "Both." Now change planes back to your Learjet.Your problem should be solved. Resave your default flight to make the solution permanant.R-

Guest TonyPiech

Ron, thanks for the solution, after following your advice, got the problem resolved, now I'm drawing on both tanks simultaneously. I'm just wondering why there isn't a fix/option/switch to correct this situation in the LearJet istelf. Seems kinda strange?

Guest allcott

>Ron, thanks for the solution, after following your advice,>got the problem resolved, now I'm drawing on both tanks>simultaneously. >>I'm just wondering why there isn't a fix/option/switch to>correct this situation in the LearJet istelf. Seems kinda>strange?It's computer logic. Crossfeeds are one thing, fuel feed valves something else. X does not equal Y. They are different. That's why the selectable tanks without a `both` option like the Mooney function as dual-draw on the OFF setting by default on boot, but only until you change the draw to left or right. After that, OFF means off!BTW there is another solution to your problem - run out of fuel. Once you run the tank to zero and refuel from the fuel menu you will have ALL ranks drawing. Don't ask me why it works, but it does!Allcott

Do any who have this problem have the CitationX/Wilco? I am having this problem when switching from the Citation to the Lear or any other default aircraft. Switching from the Citation to the Cessna 152 and putting the selector to "both" fixes it untill I fly the Citation X again. I didn't have this problem when I first started flying the Citation. Problem showed up before the Citation service pack but I can't say if it was happeinig before the FSX SP1. Weird.