Sign in to follow this  
Hoosier7001

[ UPDATE ] NO MORE FPS DROPS !! SU9

6 hours ago, andy1252 said:

There is most definitely a problem with the main thread right now, but it only seems to affect those of us with the monster GPUs

This is my conclusion too. @Ianrivaldosmith talked about it, and it took me a while to realise it. But after a bit of testing it became apparent. In this regard, I don't think it matters how good of a CPU you have or how high your overclock is. The main thread (which is sort of unrelated to core usage and CPU speed) will still get hammered in certain situations. 

Perhaps I'll swap my 1080Ti back in... 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

3 hours ago, Noel said:

55" screen at 3 feet doesn't help!

Au contraire! when everything is working as it should be it's 'kin amazing! The feeling of immersion is magnificent.

Re your link - I haven't been tweaking any settings as yet, just doing basic tests on "standard" settings (High, ultra etc) while I wait to see what happens with my ticket.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

7 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Back pre SU5 I ran full ultra all the time but with LODs set at 500. In that sense this sim (which I love, in spite of this) has been going backwards for me for about a year now. There is most definitely a problem with the main thread right now, but it only seems to affect those of us with the monster GPUs

this 2 lines explain everything I guess 

Sim Pilot since 1998,(DC-3 is the best airplane ever.

12th Gen Intel Core i9-12900KF 8 Cores, 16 Threads, 3.2 GHZ Base, 5.2 GHZ Turbo 64GB RAM NZXT Z73 CORELIQUID 360R NVIDIA GeForce RTX3080Ti SSD M.2 2TB

According to the corresponding thread (https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/massive-fps-drop-because-of-su9/513339) which has gained more than 350 votes, Asobo is currently investigating performance issues since SU9. Afaik they are already investigating for more than 3 weeks but they gave us no update until now.

I myself don't really have issues with low FPS, but I have a lot of stuttering since SU9. Usually I can hit 40+ FPS without any issues, but the sim is not able to constantly hold it at that level anymore. They often drop below 5 FPS every few seconds before recovering again.  Most noticeable are stutters when panning the camera. I hope Asobo will give us another patch before SU10 to resolve those issues. 

Edited by Tweak112

8 hours ago, Tweak112 said:

Afaik they are already investigating for more than 3 weeks but they gave us no update until now.

Who gave us an update now?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 5/19/2022 at 2:46 PM, Hoosier7001 said:

UPDATE 

I upgraded my CPU from i7-11700kf to i9-12900kf 

i will gradually increase the TLOD with all settings to ultra and see what will happen 

Request update

I used to have this FPS drop issue in the past, I started flying short sectors to avoid FPS dropping, when FBW got better with time, I started longer flights again and had FPS drop like 1 flight out of 5 flights even with SU9, lately I had FPS dropping every time I fly over 4Hrs (every flight), the only thing I did was updating nVIDIA drivers to latest release 512.95, so I reverted back to 512.77 and things seems to be fine so far, 3 long flights with no FPS dropping (yet).

• Like 1

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

On 5/17/2022 at 2:16 AM, MySound said:

BREAKING NEWS: Lowering settings leads to more FPS

Lol

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

9 hours ago, Greazer said:

Well you have Terrain Level of Detail at Minimum. Enjoy smooth FPS at the expense of poor looking terrain.

Better to fly at max TLOD with 10 FPS. More time to enjoy the good looking terrain cause you aint busy flying at 10 FPS 😉

One of the worst things of low Terrain LOD is the night lights. If you fly airliners you gonna really want to push it to 300 and above otherwise you gonna have that ugly orange sepia from very low altitude. 

Roi Ben

It’s not even so much about the orange sepia for me, it’s the abrupt transition from detailed lights to blurry orange.  But it’s all trade offs, I can’t really go about 200 and be happy with the performance 

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

OK, I'm back to square one (proved it wasn't nVidia driver issue).

flying 3Hours or below  no issues.

above 3Hours to 4Hours FPS start to drop till MSFS becomes slide show (2 to 3 FPS then CTD with in 30-45min), may be it was there all along after SU6, I just did not know about it till I start flying Fenix A320 more frequently, I did fly FBW and default airplanes with occasional FPS dropping and CTD but did not have many long hall flights because I thought it was my OLD PC 👴 that can't handle things this complicated, so I quit flying that long.

any way, I will keep flying shorter routs for now, may be mostly VFR GA (I just love how scenery look).

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

1 minute ago, penta_a said:

OK, I'm back to square one (proved it wasn't nVidia driver issue).

flying 3Hours or below  no issues.

above 3Hours to 4Hours FPS start to drop till MSFS becomes slide show (2 to 3 FPS then CTD with in 30-45min), may be it was there all along after SU6, I just did not know about it till I start flying Fenix A320 more frequently, I did fly FBW and default airplanes with occasional FPS dropping and CTD but did not have many long hall flights because I thought it was my OLD PC 👴 that can't handle things this complicated, so I quit flying that long.

any way, I will keep flying shorter routs for now, may be mostly VFR GA (I just love how scenery look).

Ever since removing the Pushback Toolbar addon, I've completed two 3h44min flights in the fenix. Maybe something to take a look into if you have it. 

On 6/1/2022 at 3:19 PM, regis9 said:

It’s not even so much about the orange sepia for me, it’s the abrupt transition from detailed lights to blurry orange.  But it’s all trade offs, I can’t really go about 200 and be happy with the performance 

Thank you, thank you..  I've been saying this for over a year now, and was told that everyone thinks night lighting is great?  I got the impression that anyone who flies at night is flying low and slow, but thank God someone has brought this up.  To be these orange blobs of cities look so bad I never fly at night. 

• Like 2