Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

XML-TRAFFIC TOOL BOX

Lost my traffic tool box....it does not show in FSX.How do you add another DLL to the existing DLL.XML. Also can you create another XML with a different name instead of adding to the existing one.Thanks.Abe

>Lost my traffic tool box....it does not show in FSX.>>How do you add another DLL to the existing DLL.XML. Also can>you create another XML with a different name instead of adding>to the existing one.>>Thanks.>>AbeTraffic ToolboxFalseFalse Your pathMicrosoft Flight Simulator X SDKSDKEnvironment KitTraffic Toolbox SDKtraffictoolbox.dllAndr

André

Be aware that the traffictoolbox.dll which came on the FSX DVD will not work with FSX SP1.You must have the FSX SDK SP1A new version available from the FSInsider web site.

Look into the SDK all described there and indeed you need the latest SDK ;-) to be compatible with SP1 ;-)See example of FSUIPCFSUIPC 4TrueModulesFSUIPC4.dllIn my case disabeld ;-)Cheers,Andr

André

Thanks guys.I think I have to reinstall the SDK to find out exactly how to implement DLL files in DLL.XML or EXE.XML or create my own. I was hoping that somebody had tried that and I would have applied their expertise.Abe

>Thanks guys.>>I think I have to reinstall the SDK to find out exactly how to>implement DLL files in DLL.XML or EXE.XML or create my own. I>was hoping that somebody had tried that and I would have>applied their expertise.>>AbeTo enable a dll it's easy look at the example ;-)Andr

André

>Thanks guys.>>I think I have to reinstall the SDK to find out exactly how to>implement DLL files in DLL.XML or EXE.XML or create my own. I>was hoping that somebody had tried that and I would have>applied their expertise.Wait a minute! You have to "reinstall the SDK???" If you have uninstalled the SDK you won't EVER see the "Traffic Toolbox" because that is part OF the SDK...>As you can see it is more complicated than a simple copying of an >example.Actually, it really is that easy. There are three requirements:1) the .dll you want to use must exist (not be "uninstalled")2) the appropriate entry in the dll.xml file for that .dll file you want to load.3) the correct pathfilename in the entry in the dll.sml fileNOTE: on some systems spaces in the path will not work - which is what the default path has... spaces!To make life simple for me (I like simple!), I installed the SDK to C:FSX_SDK... that makes the path quite short and has no spaces... :) Traffic ToolboxFalseFalseC:FSX_SDKSDKEnvironment KitTraffic Toolbox SDKtraffictoolbox.dll

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1) No: EXE.XML file is used only for "executable programs."2) No: DLL.XML file is uned only for "dynamic link libraries."There can be only ONE DLL.XML file and EXE.XML file at any given time.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks Bill. Now I can put to rest all the thoughts I had about tinkering with EXE AND DLL.XML.Abe