Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

Track IR stutters with MSFS

Hi all

Recently upgraded to an I712700k with 3080ti,the performance is excellent, very smooth and fluid with the PMDG 737 but suffers once track ir is running, it stutters and appears to affect the fluidity some how, I think it may be a refresh mismatch but just wondering if others have seen this and rectified, things I will try when I get home

Disabling AV

Setting track IR priority at run time

Try different USB ports and power management

Thanks 

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I run TrackIR5 on the specs listed below in my signature.

Only situation I ever had stutters was exterior spot view looking down at approx 45 degrees. That was fixed (or it just went away) when MSFS SU8 was released. Hopefully never to come back.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

There is a stuttering issue with TrackIR. It easy to fix it but its been quite some time since I got to the bottom of it so I don't remember exactly what it is. Some one else on this forum gave me the heads up on the fix so hold tight. I don't have the time to look into it right now but I'll get back to you letter if someone else doesn't beat me to it. Any don't worry about it once you get the fix its perfectly smooth.

Try disabling motion blur.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

OK I found the thread that I started with a similiar issue. I don't have to me to go through it but I see from the first couple of posts I EZDOK had something to do with the fix. Might not be relevant:

51 minutes ago, FBW737 said:

There is a stuttering issue with TrackIR. It easy to fix it but its been quite some time since I got to the bottom of it so I don't remember exactly what it is. Some one else on this forum gave me the heads up on the fix so hold tight. I don't have the time to look into it right now but I'll get back to you letter if someone else doesn't beat me to it. Any don't worry about it once you get the fix its perfectly smooth.

Thank you much appreciated

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

44 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Try disabling motion blur.

Good tip thanks

Wayne such

OK now that I have jogged my Memory, I had your problem with P3D and it was solved using EZDOK.

I don't have this problem with MSFS.

In the TrackIR GUI there is a section called motion control.

There is a smoothness slider that ranges from 0 to 50

Set it to 50.

I am guessing you are not new to TrackIR so this probably won't help

Thanks have not used for ages but when I tried with msfs it seemed a lot better except the stutter but I'll keep troubleshooting

Wayne such

If you mean stuttering in the sim while looking around try to set the off screen terrain pre caching higher (preferably to ultra). No Stutters for me on pc that is arguably lower spec than yours (5800x, 3080)

I had the most horrific stutters when flying the CJ4 the other day (normally flying low and slow) and could not make heads or tails from it. Then all I changed was that setting, that I somehow hates to low. Difference is night and day. Needs more resources, sure. But is not constantly causing loading lag, because of you looking around with TIR

Edited by Deimos

Thanks it's on ultra I'll investigate it's only when track ir running

Wayne such

Do you mean stutter, or just generally un-smooth movement? The latter is also what I have with track IR, even with matching refresh rates. If you use the mouse to pan around cockpit it’s super smooth. I’ve messed around with trackIR settings and nothing I could find solved it, so, just put up with it now. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

10 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Do you mean stutter, or just generally un-smooth movement? The latter is also what I have with track IR, even with matching refresh rates. If you use the mouse to pan around cockpit it’s super smooth. I’ve messed around with trackIR settings and nothing I could find solved it, so, just put up with it now. 

Yeh smoothness, it's a lot better now since I killed all running tasks and anti virus, plus set track IR to high priority

• Like 1

Wayne such

1 hour ago, Jetman67 said:

plus set track IR to high priority

Does this actually work? 

I made several changes so I can't be sure if that made any difference, something did

• Like 1

Wayne such