Sign in to follow this  
DAD

WU IX - Italy/Malta due today 17MAY22

2 hours ago, Alfrez said:

I just had to randomly update 600mb, am I the only one?

I had that, too. Start MSFS and have a look at the marketplace - you can download World Update IX for free.

A bit strange, normally i had a look into the content manager and downloaded the updates in that place...

Perhaps someone can clear that up if that is normal or if i made a mistake. But however, downloading now 🙂

Greets,

Markus

Win11Pro - i713700KF - RTX3080Ti

2 minutes ago, MäxliBäxli said:

normally i had a look into the content manager and downloaded the updates in that place...

No you didn't. Only if you had already claimed the Update at the Marketplace. Nothing has changed about the process.

9 Worldupdates and people still forget how it works...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MäxliBäxli said:

I had that, too. Start MSFS and have a look at the marketplace - you can download World Update IX for free.

A bit strange, normally i had a look into the content manager and downloaded the updates in that place...

I had to install all world updates via the Marketplace so far.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

21 minutes ago, jetlag said:

Oops!  Senior moment at work.  My LOWK is by Troglodytus (another great designer).

This does not change anything to my positive comments re: Alexei to whom I wish all the best in these dreadful times.  And I WILL keep his (definitely HIS) LIPB.

Ah. Yes that's the LOWK I have as well. After careful thought I have deleted everything I have by BMW until I see how things pan out. I did check them for viruses but they scanned clear.

Edited by jarmstro

Yep just flown around Malta, it's a very minor improvement. Noticed the big church in Mellieha has been added and a few other similar landmark buildings around the island but other than that it looks exactly as it did before. Very disappointing, I was expecting a bit more. 

12 minutes ago, YouDontKnow said:

No photogrammetry, ZERO.

No Airport.

Asobo said often that they don't want to ruin the 3rd Party Ecosystem. Malta has only one Airport and that one is available as Payware from JustSim.

I agree on the Photogrammetry though. As so often Google Maps shows what is available. 2/3rds of the Island would be possible. But there is a free version of Valetta Photgrammetry available at flightsim.to 

Edited by Farlis

54 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Can we reinstall WU’s that we had uninstalled because of the framerate drop issue several weeks ago.

Or was that fixed by the SU Hotfix ?

You mean the WU PG files that some of us deleted to remedy the poor fps at ground? I don’t think that issue was fixed in the hotfix, correct me if I’m wrong.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

What is the point of releasing "Development Roadmaps" every week if the information in them is not accurate?  As recently as last Thursday they indicated that the "Local Legend IV" would also be released today.  They have been saying that for weeks. When the day arrives, they tell us that it won't be until Thursday May 19.

Isn't no information better than misinformation?

5 minutes ago, TASCHMANN said:

What is the point of releasing "Development Roadmaps" every week if the information in them is not accurate?  As recently as last Thursday they indicated that the "Local Legend IV" would also be released today.  They have been saying that for weeks. When the day arrives, they tell us that it won't be until Thursday May 19.

Isn't no information better than misinformation?

Roadmaps in software development are ALWAYS subject to change.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Roadmaps in software development are ALWAYS subject to change.

If that is so, why publish them at all.  It's like saying "Here's some information that may or may not be accurate."  I really don't get it.

A roadmap is an estimate, not an immutable law of physics.

• Like 6

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Well LIRN looks terrible. Photogrammetry comes right up to airport boundary and terrain mesh is a mess. Maybe it is just MS servers being thrashed again because of the number of people online. Not a good first impression. Rwy24 surrounded by cliffs.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

22 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

You mean the WU PG files that some of us deleted to remedy the poor fps at ground? I don’t think that issue was fixed in the hotfix, correct me if I’m wrong.

Yes, that is what I mean.

As I only fly in Europe I have other continents still uninstalled. Only GOTY is installed extra…

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

12 minutes ago, David Mills said:

A roadmap is an estimate, not an immutable law of physics.

An unqualified statement by a business with a date certain that is made repeatedly week after week is hardly an "estimate."

Edited by TASCHMANN