Sign in to follow this  
DAD

WU IX - Italy/Malta due today 17MAY22

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

GA Ramp Area at LIRN looks kind of strange.  

NmQMvAc.png

I think this picture sums up a lot of msfs updates. 2 steps forward, 2 steps backwards. 

4 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I wonder if this update is mandatory, otherwise I would like to forget everything about it. Haven't updated yet, so maybe I'm just in time.

Its a manual update in the marketplace.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

8 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

as it wouldn't fit anyway 

Your wife? Sorry to hear. Else, stoning an a boat may not be the best idea anyway 

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Just now, DAD said:

Your wife? Sorry to hear. Else, stoning an a boat may not be the best idea anyway 

Me fitting on it is a far bigger problem than my wife or TV 🤣

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Running some diagnostics in terms of the CTDs. All addons removed, turned TLOD down from 400 to 300, OLOD from 200 to 150. Fps vsync'd to 40. No CTDs yet (around 10 mins only), default 172, very smooth, GPU limited (4K, all ultra), GPU temp average 48, CPU cores 45-50. 

Just reinstalled all the WU PG files to see if the fps issue on ground re-appears. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

31 minutes ago, yanfeng12342000 said:

Yes. We need Frank Dainese for that. He modeled almost every moutains of the Dolomites, but only for Xplane and FSX. We need to convert him.

I know. I had his freeware version in FSX and used it in P3D as well. He is just a magician when it comes to 3D mountains and landscaping.

I'm suspecting their servers are overloaded and it has a hard time loading photogrammetry, at least that's what it looks like on my end 🙂

• Like 2

Just now, dikkeduif said:

I'm suspecting their servers are overloaded and it has a hard time loading photogrammetry, at least that's what it looks like on my end 🙂

If that's the case, their servers have been overloaded since the day of release.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

If that's the case, their servers have been overloaded since the day of release.

Yup. I remember Torrance airfield was like this, and still is. 

Yeah it's really jarring when it's around an airport.

I'm flying with the drone camera over the Forum Romanum, and I really have to hold still for like 5 minutes before the quality improves on my end, but my connection is just not great.

> edit: once it does load in properly I have to say it looks pretty good, at least over Rome. (besides the huge trees :))

Edited by dikkeduif

Well. The FPS falls significantly on the ground due to a rise in main thread frame times. Or to put it simply: it's getting hammered. I'm at 1500ft above LIRN in the 172 at the first screenshot. Second one I "landed" the drone camera on the apron below. Bit strange to put it the least, since LIRN is a very basic airport. No advanced 3d modelling here to explain the reduction in FPS from 40 (could be higher without v-sync) to 27.6. 

This by the way is with all settings maxed out; TLOD and OLOD 400 and 200 respectively. 

xTWmufg.jpg

zOwlNR7.jpg

Also there's quite some funky stuff going on around LIRN Naples. Lol!

TMozHcR.jpg

8qTwKW4.jpg

ffM8Otx.jpg

EDIT: On the upside though, no new CTD 🎉 Neither any "your bandwidth is too low" or other connectivity issues. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

No that's just the initial mandatory update that installs automatically as you load the sim. World update IX is many gigabytes... install from the marketplace.

Thanks.  For some reason, it wasn't there the first time I opened the sim.  I had to shut down and restart it before it showed up.

• Like 1

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

I can't believe these pictures that are being posted.  I just went to Naples (LIRN) and everything is perfect. 

BTW. I started the sim this morning and a screen came up about the download. I clicked the button and it did the rest.  No Marketplace, no MS Store or anything. Very simple.

Checked the Content Manager and had one for Seafront which is boats and ships.

Roy

17 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Well. The FPS falls significantly on the ground due to a rise in main thread frame times.

I’m seeing ground FPS low in a lot of airports globally in SU9. Clears up almost immediately after takeoff.

At first I though it might be some problem with the ground friction calculations but it’s there even in stationary / cold and dark states.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

5 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

No Marketplace

Sure you have WU9 really installed? I doubt it as WUs are exclusively „bought“ through the marketplace. What you may mean is the new AIRAC cycle which came today as mandatory update

Edited by DAD
  • Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"