Sign in to follow this  
DAD

WU IX - Italy/Malta due today 17MAY22

Same here, some folks obviously are just unable to differentiate... one can love the sim for what it already provides and offers, but this does not mean we have to praise everything no matter how obvious the issues are with Asobos internal quality control. As a matter of fact, they always amaze me with stuff I thought was finally ironed out, like bad communication (WU trailer anyone? Statement to the tree issue?). It is simply annoying, that is all...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Rome after the WU … oversized trees

0-E741-B71-D2-A1-463-A-ADAC-F43-C185551-

46021-E7-B-95-DE-4-FD6-A702-7-C33-C3-ED5

4-A831946-AB67-4-EDD-9547-44-E47-FAD61-D

D910123-D-7-A37-4-BC1-A0-F7-C490914-FE90

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

7 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Well. The FPS falls significantly on the ground due to a rise in main thread frame times. Or to put it simply: it's getting hammered. I'm at 1500ft above LIRN in the 172 at the first screenshot. Second one I "landed" the drone camera on the apron below. Bit strange to put it the least, since LIRN is a very basic airport. No advanced 3d modelling here to explain the reduction in FPS from 40 (could be higher without v-sync) to 27.6. 

This by the way is with all settings maxed out; TLOD and OLOD 400 and 200 respectively. 

I noticed that my graphic card on the ground is only working at 75%.

But when I go up, my 2080TI usage goes up to 100%.

Apparently the program code cuts off the loading of the graphic card on the ground.

Hi, everybody,

I have Italy cities, specially Rome, with very melted vegetation and buildings. This is new, because that didn't happen to me before WU9.

Also, I've experimented a substantial drop in frames (24-25 now, 27-29 before WU9)

Any hints?

Regards

Edited by John Fields

Hi, there!

I think I mitigate, just a little, the "melted" trees and buildings, activating the rolling cache.

And, by the way, those huge trees!

And where are the "Pini di Rome"?

Regards

MS/ASOBO have to get rid of oversized trees. Now, 2 years after the release of MSFS they have still not managed to get rid it. To bad.

The ACCU seasons program helps to lower the tree height.

Edited by AOB

1 hour ago, Flying-Hare said:

I noticed that my graphic card on the ground is only working at 75%.

But when I go up, my 2080TI usage goes up to 100%.

Apparently the program code cuts off the loading of the graphic card on the ground.

Observing the same. Once airborne my 3080 is pegged at 100% usage with the same settings as before WU/SU9 which gave me about 60-80% usage.

Flying through clouds hammers my GPU extremely.

Edited by ThomseN_inc

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

I flew around Malta and it was pretty awful. I have deleted WU9. 

18 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Also LICJ which I bought from the marketplace. Can't remember who made it.

Its made by Amsim,I had to uninstall it after the update,now when I pull into the gate,It connects to R1 door. I wonder how I uninstall LICJ from the Italy update?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

9 minutes ago, AOB said:

I flew around Malta and it was pretty awful. I have deleted WU9. 

Me too I'm afraid. Going back to Spain for my flying holidays. 

7 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

Likewise:

Before and afters.

And why model the Pantheon without the fountain in front of it? It's just a photogrammetry spike.

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-18-05-2022-01

Also, as much as there are too many landmarks for them to model them all, why are we subjected to an awful photogrammetry Colosseum and Castel Sant'Angelo?

Also the Vittoriano in Piazza Venezia, behind on the left in the photo, is not so good, it seems there is a gap with terrain

I didn't check all the landmarks in Rome due to lack of time, but at the moment I'm not so impressed. We'll see... 🙄

Edited by Mirach

i9-11900K (5.3 GHz), 64 GB RAM (DDR4 3600), RTX 3070, 1 TB (M.2 SSD). Windows 10 Pro. Installed Sims: MSFS 2020.

2 hours ago, scotchegg said:

traditional dig at Asobo’s quality control

They worked hard to deserve it. Just scenery bugs alone, that were introduced by respective World Updates have not been fixed until this day. Like trees showing up on fields where there are none all over Germany, scandinavian style red and blue houses showing up outside Scandinavia after the new autogen descriptions were introduced, a collision bug at Schiphol that has been there since release, was reported, documented and bug logged and yet still will make your sim report a collision when you taxi there with crash detection on.

And let's not forget the quick and dirty approach to their World Updates in general. Yes, they are free and come with lots of stuff that you'd would pay for in the days of the earlier sim. But important stuff like more accurate hydrological vector data that is actually checked by hand instead of by an algorithm is still missing. And so you get rivers that do not match the ground image in all of the areas that were updated. And they also do not take care to go over tree placement by hand, after we told them many times that the Blackshark AI is drawing them in places where they don't belong. Be it Cities, on shadows or mountain ridges.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

No problem with reporting bugs / frustrations, and this update is definitely underwhelming.

When it’s the same person with the same complaint every update, irrespective of whether the update is good or bad, that’s a bit tiring.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

If I m correct several times after a new WU we got those small updates too for older WUs…

Ah yes, you are correct, there were indeed minor updates to older WUs coming packed with later ones. Probably I forgot about them as I don't recall any changelog or even mention what they corrected - or did I overlook these, too?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11