Sign in to follow this  
DAD

WU IX - Italy/Malta due today 17MAY22

Just now, liamp51 said:

It seems to affect PG performance the most in the US and Canada. I've noticed that flying around London or Frankfurt or something I don't have nearly as much of a performance issue. 

The photogrammetry in that area was compiled using older tech. IIRC the newer photogrammetry was imported a different way.
Maybe when they get back over there they'll take a new look at it. They've said in the past that they will revisit previous WU countries eventually.

• Like 1

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

The photogrammetry in that area was compiled using older tech. IIRC the newer photogrammetry was imported a different way.
Maybe when they get back over there they'll take a new look at it. They've said in the past that they will revisit previous WU countries eventually.

Interesting! That would make a lot of sense. To be fair, my PC is aging, too. I'm still running an i7 8700K and it's definitely showing its age in regards to MSFS. I'm hoping to upgrade sometime this summer. 

Former Child, Current Adult

I honestly had no idea they could control tree density server side. I guess the local files are just if you're not connected.

4 hours ago, 6297J said:

Flying over Rome now and it does look a bit better. Still too green, but better than it was. 

In which parts of Rome do you think it is too green? I was flying over the Forum Romanum area and it is pretty much perfect now. And the quality of the PG is really good I have to say.

Edited by Farlis

6 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

MSFS team just posted on twitter that a reduction to tree size in all Italian photogrammetry cities affected has been done as a server-side fix, so no download required.

I guess it shows that they're following the feedback from their customers. Perhaps not here on AVSIM, but over at their own forum. 

Got the tree fix installed for now, but I'll restart the sim without the fix to see if it's any better. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Got the tree fix installed for now, but I'll restart the sim without the fix to see if it's any better. 

It is. However the autogen trees lack local variety. One can see this in Rome where they grow, more or less correctly at the height of the trees in the Photogrammetry. However those are clearly Stone Pines, but the autogen trees do not reflect that. They should change the definition.

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

If it fixes all the too tall trees then it would be welcome ….

Sure, but the part "reduced vegetation density" gives me headaches regarding the rest of the world...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I'd like to see some pics of Italy (WU9 Updated) with the REX Seasons mod. Thanks!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

😔 its Italy pg cities unless im missing the point here 🙂

Edited by icewater5

3 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

A bit better overall, but now some trees are growing from buildings' rooftops and their sides. Hopefully this is only a quick and temporary fix.

There's still too many trees though. I'll remain on WU9 for now with the trees fix activated. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

54 minutes ago, Farlis said:

In which parts of Rome do you think it is too green? I was flying over the Forum Romanum area and it is pretty much perfect now. And the quality of the PG is really good I have to say.

I can confirm that there are too many trees and most of them are too tall.

There are trees in areas where there are none in reality (via del Corso, the one which connects piazza del polo to Piazza Venezia) and the area around it and the Pantheon toward piazza Navona have virtually no trees in the real world. Last time I checked: this Sunday. This is unfortunate because it destroys the illusion. Too many trees, and some of them too tall, also in the area where I live.

Also, some roads and especially bridges end abruptly.

Buildings are better now. Flying low and slow on a Cessna I can see the windows of my home. It's more detailed than before now, from a normal height (1000ft) it's a satisfactory experience. If it weren't for the trees ...

A.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ADamiani said:

If it weren't for the trees ...

Yeah, I tested it a little bit more and saw trees, albeit small ones, growing out of the Colliseum. I guess I will keep the Exclude Fix active. I don't mind the look of the PG Trees. At least they have the correct height. 😉

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

However the autogen trees lack local variety.

I'm using REX Accuseason. Can change the tree size as well as some other settings. 

hSZLNSl.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, icewater5 said:

😔 its Italy pg cities unless im missing the point here 🙂

Yes that's my interpretation. 

"Based on feedback received from players, the team has made a reduction to vegetation density to a more realistic representation of tree size for all Italy photogrammetry cities impacted by the issue in World Update IX."

• Like 1

I'm finding many batches of misplaced trees all through the Milan area.  Is that this world update or something else?  LIML for example has trees covering the taxiways leading to the executive side of the airport.  I noticed weird tree patches circles on approach to that airport that looked very out of place.  I uninstalled the WU for Italy but the problem is still present. 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2