Sign in to follow this  
DAD

WU IX - Italy/Malta due today 17MAY22

1 minute ago, jetlag said:

I like Alexei's work so much that I kept his LOWK when Asobo updated it.  I didn't even download the bespoke a/p so I don't know which is better!  I will  do the same with LIPB  as a personal gesture of gratitude to him and I hope that one day he will somehow be able to contribute again to our hobby.

I didn't know he'd done LOWK? Are we talking about the same BMW guy?

30 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

And, to be honest, I can do without.

Not me. He has some of the best airports so I'd like to see him update all his airports and be back to work ASAP. I wish him all the best.

The war is a tragedy. That we can all live without.

• Like 5

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

26 minutes ago, Farlis said:

One should think that after 9 Worldupdates one would finally have memorized the process of installation...

One would think other people are not carbon copies of oneself, or indeed the same age.  Personally, I have a tough time remembering my own birthday, let alone others.

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

17 minutes ago, DAD said:

now I see what you mean, it really just says WU IX Italy, no more Malta. Got it

In the Marketplace it is still listed as both.

15 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

dont think so. LOWK was done by Justsim.

2 minutes ago, ZoblebV8 said:

In the Marketplace it is still listed as both.

they obviously treated Malta with some POI like The Dingli Cliffs. That seems to be all though

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I, like others today, only got a 600mb update. I have gone to the Marketplace but no further updates for me.  Any ideas?

TIA,

-B

I think this is also the biggest world update by far they’ve ever shipped in terms of area updated according to Jorg from last month’s Dev Q&A 

2 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

I think this is also the biggest world update by far they’ve ever shipped in terms of area updated according to Jorg from last month’s Dev Q&A 

Is it, really? Bigger than US or Oz ? 

Maybe it is. Although I bet Jorg was including the gallons and gallons of salty water between Italy and Malta !

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

• Like 1

Can we reinstall WU’s that we had uninstalled because of the framerate drop issue several weeks ago.

Or was that fixed by the SU Hotfix ?

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I checked out the new DEM near Bozen and Kastelruth for a start. Finally the Dolomites look like they should. The distant LOD rendering within the sim still leaves something to be desired though. I was looking due west towards the mountains near Meran, and from the distance they still look too round. That is something that needs to be worked on.

Edit: It seems the Tre Cime got a 3D Model. Nice! And a very good one at that. It blends in perfectly with the surroundings. But sadly it also shows that the only way to adequatly portray the Dolomites in the Sim is with 3D Models. Even the better resolution mesh next to the model can't hold a candle to it. I want them all at that quality.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, l33ch86 said:

Looks like it's only Italy. Was there any communication that Malta will be released later?

LMML and a number of POI's in Malta are listed so I guess this is it for Malta. Apart from this Malta probably also benefits from sattelite data and more accurate mesh.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

Oops!  Senior moment at work.  My LOWK is by Troglodytus (another great designer).

This does not change anything to my positive comments re: Alexei to whom I wish all the best in these dreadful times.  And I WILL keep his (definitely HIS) LIPB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, l33ch86 said:

Looks like it's only Italy. Was there any communication that Malta will be released later?

There is, but very few things

3 minutes ago, YouDontKnow said:

but very few things

10 POI's is few for you? It's a tiny Island!

• Like 1