Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

Anyone getting another update today 1.25.9.0?

I have already updated my MSFS2020 but this morning its updating again and the the progress bar is going from 5% to 10% to 20% then back to 4%...its like its not really downloading anything its yoyoing up and down.

• Upvote 1

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Now its telling me I have a 17gig update..its like its installing MSFS all over again and when I loaded the game it was not in full screen but windowed

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

somethings wrong here. The first update is the mandatory update, I guess Navdata/AIRAC, when you start MSFS and it checks for these mandatory updates. Could it be that you have a custom MSFS install on another drive than c? just asking since there comes a tiny message with the first mandatory update and if you do not check the path it may have installed elsewhere but not into your (custom) MSFS folder. Thus screwing up your install and indeed trying to reinstall the sim again. 

The WU IX itself can be found in the Marketplace and would usually not mess around with your drives/folder settings

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I do have a custom install on my F drive..whats odd is I got the update already with everyone else. Flew many times with it since the update even yesterday. Then this morning I launched it and the message for 17gig mandatory update showed up. Clicked the release notes and tells me about 1.25.9.0, which when I look at my sim version, thats the one I have.

I'm having the same issue as the original post - I have a 304 MB update that is taking forever to get through.  It looks like it is constantly restarting the download but the downloaded filename is changing (now on fs-base-0.1.163.fspatch.003....

Haven't gotten to the 17 gig update yet, but I suspect that it's coming.  My install is on my D drive.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

Hmm, ok I thought I was an isolated incident, interesting. 

Same thing here, but it says the second update is 13GB (not 17)

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?

4 minutes ago, Bill A said:

I do have a custom install on my F drive..whats odd is I got the update already with everyone else. Flew many times with it since the update even yesterday. Then this morning I launched it and the message for 17gig mandatory update showed up. Clicked the release notes and tells me about 1.25.9.0, which when I look at my sim version, thats the one I have.

I am not of any further help here I am afraid. Just suggest you stop whatever GB it tries to download and check your UserCfg.opt file, at the very end it tells your installed path. Mine says e.g. InstalledPackagesPath "F:\MSFS". Check what it says there and try to edit it to reflect your (custom) install path and try to start MSFS again. besides that I have no idea but others may chime in

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Fine finished and Im back to flying...no idea what that was all about

I killed the first ongoing update and restarted - confirmed that the install folder was my D:\MSFS custom location.   The new update said it was 17GB, but it is now working through 13GB and progressing.  

Very strange.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

1 minute ago, Bill A said:

Fine finished and Im back to flying...no idea what that was all about

fine then. worst case you have now a double MSFS installation, usually only noticed by a sudden decrease of disk space

Phil Leaven

My first update screen said 609.62 BIM

Some 300 MIB was installed ok.

MSFS then started OK.

The version is still 1.25.9

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Update finally completed and all seems OK.  The default did change to windowed mode for me instead of full-screen so I needed to change that, but nothing else changed.  I had 10 gig of temporary files from the aborted first update attempt in my D:\MSFS2020\Official\OneStore folder that I deleted.

Did any of you uninstall some of the default aircraft, lessons, etc.  because if you did, periodically Asobo decides to reinstall them as an update, and BTW, changes all your settings to easy. Don't ask me how I know. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310