Sign in to follow this  
captjohnmcr

PMDG MSFS2020 Linda profile

Hi there i have MCP combo 2 running on MSFS PMDG 737 all the commands and rotaries work the only thing is the displays all sync but when i change the speed heading alt etc it does not show up on the displays it shows in the sim and works perfectly just does not show the change on the MCP.

Any help would be great i must be doing something wrong im not that clever with things like this you guys all seem super smart even just to get this working like this.

I have the latest version of fsuipc 7 paid full version and linda along with the latest msfs2020. I run windows 11 fully updated I have tried to start it the order provided and I am still not getting a quart with it 

Many thanks

John

Hi @captjohnmcr welcome to LINDA. This is a strange one that others have reported.

Can you assign the function PMDG_DSP_mode() - at very bottom of 737 pop up menu - to a button on joystick or MCP. When button is operated it should display AP or INFO Mode.

In AP Mode the display should mirror the cockpit. Info Mode displays the current aircraft SPD/HDG/ALT.

If this does not resolve the problem, please read and follow the Fault Diagnosis Procedure (under LINDA Support) and email me the logs. When doing this tick the Log VRI Events checkbox on LINDA Console and operate the knobs concerned.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Scot

Thank you for getting back to me I have already tried the switch for moving between AP and Info mode still no luck. Have been up half the night trying different things since I seen there was a profile for msfs PMDG was buzzing would finally get to use this probably. 

will do a fault log when I get home. 

Many thanks

John

4 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Hi @captjohnmcr welcome to LINDA. This is a strange one that others have reported.

Can you assign the function PMDG_DSP_mode() - at very bottom of 737 pop up menu - to a button on joystick or MCP. When button is operated it should display AP or INFO Mode.

In AP Mode the display should mirror the cockpit. Info Mode displays the current aircraft SPD/HDG/ALT.

If this does not resolve the problem, please read and follow the Fault Diagnosis Procedure (under LINDA Support) and email me the logs. When doing this tick the Log VRI Events checkbox on LINDA Console and operate the knobs concerned.

Full error logs and lua sent you hopefully you can help me to get this working i am loving what you are doing to help get this piece of hardware compatible with msfs

Keep up the amazing work and thanks again for having a look at this for me.

Best wishes

John.

10 hours ago, captjohnmcr said:

please read and follow the Fault Diagnosis Procedure (under LINDA Support) and email me the logs. When doing this tick the Log VRI Events checkbox on LINDA Console and operate the knobs concerned.

Thank you for sending the multiple logs. Unfortunately, the Fault Diagnosis Mode is not switched on and you also need to tick the VRI events box and select DEBUG logging mode.

Additionally, please look at the recommended start up sequence with a delay before starting FSUIPC7 and LINDA to ensure Lvars are available to use.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I think HUD/HGS up/dwn is missing in the profile?

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

5 hours ago, majapahit said:

The PMDG 737-700 for MSFS does not have a HUD or HGS that I can find.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

17 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

The PMDG 737-700 for MSFS does not have a HUD or HGS that I can find.

Shure it has, you have to activate it in the Aircraft equipment page 11

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

On 5/17/2022 at 6:25 PM, captjohnmcr said:

Hi there i have MCP combo 2 running on MSFS PMDG 737 all the commands and rotaries work the only thing is the displays all sync but when i change the speed heading alt etc it does not show up on the displays it shows in the sim and works perfectly just does not show the change on the MCP.

Any help would be great i must be doing something wrong im not that clever with things like this you guys all seem super smart even just to get this working like this.

I have the latest version of fsuipc 7 paid full version and linda along with the latest msfs2020. I run windows 11 fully updated I have tried to start it the order provided and I am still not getting a quart with it 

Many thanks

John

Hello,

I have the same problem.

Otherways, I have other problem: The usser buttons of MCP combo 2 are assigned to avery external lights, but the landing and strobe/nav not functions, I can read the action on the display but do nothing on airplane. I tryed to change to differents buttons but not solve the problem.

I don't know if I must to use this post or must create a new post. If my election is not correct, please do what is convenient

Thanks and egards.

Edited by jadolfo

J. Adolfo Medina

@jadolfo thank you for your report. My investigation (with @captjohnmcrhelp) has highlighted a fundamental issue with FSUIPC7 /WASM which limits the number of useable Lvars. The current limit is 2044. I suspect that if you open LINDA Tracer and check (top left under LUA Variables) you will find it is displaying 2044/2044. This results in key MCP display Lvars for SPD/HDG/ALT not being accessible and no display update. These are ngx_SPDwindow, ngx_HDGwindow and ngx_ALTwindow.

The FSUIPC7 developer plans to increase the number of loadable Lvars in future updates.

Edited by ScotFlieger
Recommendation deleted

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

On 5/19/2022 at 11:33 PM, majapahit said:

Added to next update.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK