Sign in to follow this  
RobJC

This is the inflection point

56 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

It's been years since I had a grin on my face while playing FS.

Q2 2022 has been superb for MSFS.

CS9R2Mu.jpg

Amazing pic. Now get that nohandlebar mod from ambitiouspilot at .to and you get rid of the annoying „far cry“ like handle bar. Just a suggestion, of course, don’t feel obliged to comply 🙂

• Like 6

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 minute ago, lwt1971 said:

Educating yourself on the Milviz C310 and the complex world of GA flying might be beneficial here.

Educate me please!  What is there in a C310! that is not in A Seminole or a Duke?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

3 minutes ago, Manny said:

What is there in a C310! that is not in A Seminole or a Duke?

Right, they are all twins after all 😉

• Like 5

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 minute ago, DAD said:

Right, they are all twins after all 😉

Exactly! Normal Asperated Engines! What is the one extra tech that is in C310?

Manny

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

And for GA, the C 310 is one of the best GA aircraft I have ever flown in a sim, and I am including all the A2A I had in P3D. 

Agreed.  It is the first GA I have felt the need to religiously follow checklists, fly as smooth and accurately as possible so as to maintain the aircraft in tip top shape.  I actually go around now rather than mistreat the aircraft with a hard landing 😁

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

14 minutes ago, Manny said:

Educate me please!  What is there in a C310! that is not in A Seminole or a Duke?

No patience, but perhaps @Bobsk8 might have some.

8 minutes ago, Manny said:

Exactly! Normal Asperated Engines! What is the one extra tech that is in C310?

Actually let my try some educating with a small clue... can you name a highly simulated Seminole or Duke for MSFS that is as deeply simulated as the Milviz C310? Even further clue: Focus on the "highly simulated" part of the prior sentence, not what the differences between these real-life aircrafts are.

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

5 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Actually let my try some educating with a small clue... can you name a highly simulated Seminole or Duke for MSFS that is as deeply simulated as the Milviz C310? Even further clue: Focus on the "highly simulated" part of the prior sentence, not what the differences between these real-life aircrafts are.

What is wrong with the Seminole or the Duke! That was not simulated? The onus is on you sir! To prove that the C310 is simulating something as good as the PMDG 737?

Edited by Manny

Manny

27 minutes ago, Manny said:

Comparing the PMDG 737 release to the C310? You must be kidding me! 

Here we go again 😁

Both the aircraft mentioned have deep system simulation, so that is where the comparison comes from.  The comparison is not related to size of the aircraft, how many seats it has or the sound of its engines.  I grant you they are both twins, but I tried to land the 737 at KSZP, but I overran the runway by a mile, crushing a mobile home park in the process.  The airport manager wasn't happy I wanted 25 hangers for my one plane either.  I decided the better option was the Milviz C310R.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

The signal-to-noise ratio in Avsim has been getting worse than ever each passing day...  you can hardly read a thread that doesn't end up being trashed by the usual suspects.

• Like 3

Enrique Vaamonde

2 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Here we go again 😁

but I tried to land the 737 at KSZP, but I overran the runway by a mile, crushing a mobile home park in the process.  The airport manager wasn't happy I wanted 25 hangers for my one plane either.  I decided the better option was the Milviz C310R.

That has to do with the Simulated Pilot? 🙂

Manny

21 minutes ago, Manny said:

From a real world perspective I guess they are similar.  From a simulated aircraft point of view, they are VERY DIFFERENT!

5 minutes ago, Manny said:

What is wrong with the Seminole or the Duke! That was not simulated? 

Well, for a start you could link to the Duke for MSFS.

I am trying to understand the DIFFERENT in the sim! IS all! 

Its an insult to  the likes on PMDG 737 to compare something as mundane as the 310 to the 737. Whenever there is a discussion on Airliner, there comes a few people, who quietly sneaks in the C310 in. 🙂

Manny

Hear hear. Still some improvements I would love to see completed, but overall it’s maturing nicely.

For years I occasionally got a glimpse of the experience I wanted in flight sims, most recently with XP11, but it would always be fleeting. It felt like continually chasing something which was always just out of reach.

Recently in MSFS it often feels like I’ve got it and it literally puts a big smile on my face. God knows what the tube nerds are feeling right now!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 minute ago, Manny said:

I am trying to understand the DIFFERENT in the sim! IS all! 

Its an insult to  the likes on PMDG 737 to compare something as mundane as the 310 to the 737. Whenever there is a discussion on Airliner, there comes a few people, who quietly sneaks in the C310 in. 🙂

They are just twins. No big deal.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.