Sign in to follow this  
blueshark747

ORBX Hollywood Burbank V2 Update Heads Up

44 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Yeah, it CTDs for me when loading in.

No crashes for me, loaded in fine.

I do notice some nicer textures around the airport premises and added details, it also feels much more optimized than V1 for me.

The new sloped runway/ elevation is nice also.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

4 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

No crashes for me, loaded in fine.

I do notice some nicer textures around the airport premises and added details, it also feels much more optimized than V1 for me.

The new sloped runway/ elevation is nice also.

I'll try and re-install when I get home and see if that fixes it.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Just to reiterate, make sure you delete V1 and install V2. It won’t simply update V1.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Big frame rate hit on v2 vs. v1 for me.  I uninstalled and went back to v1.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

20 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

IHzeFwb.png

Thats for V2, I was talking about V1. I personally won't be using V2, if you read my post you would know why.

26 minutes ago, DJJose said:

The world update takes one minute. You don't have to download Italy update. If I were you, I'd wait. I might uninstall the package.

My update is looping LMAO.  Oh this sim...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I am still wondering why Orbx does not redo one of their most popular airports for MSFS, Pago Pago.

• Like 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

6 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

My update is looping LMAO.  Oh this sim...

Not knowing there was an update coming, I stared at the update size long and hard before I pushed continue thinking the sim was trying to do a complete reinstall.🤣😂

I was anxious the whole time worried I would loop also, but I was lucky I guess.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I loaded the sim update (WU) and the v2 of BUR.

I have a very strong CPU and this scenery has a major issue - memory leak or something.  After about 15 minutes of drone camming around the field my fps dropped into the single digits.  Aside from that issue, the quality of most the the airport buildings is NOT what I've come to expect from Orbx.  Frankly, (and I'm usually very fair to developers even when I'm not a huge fan of something), the textures are very very bad!  It's like they forgot to include the "Ultra-HD" textures!  I'm going to show some pics of the airport with FPS counter showing.  Thankfully I already had v1 so this was free.  I wouldn't pay the asking price for "v2."  I'm running a 12700K / GTX 1080 Ti (11GB of vram - a powerful card still) / 32GB DDR5 5600mhz ram.

Million Air - the 1990's called and they want their pixels back from this green sign  (By the way I'm being gracious here - I'm taking these at reasonable zoom levels as if I were parking at the buildings)

52081459044_9385342ccf_k.jpgmillionaire by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

The vehicles and models here are just fine, but what happened to the clarity of this building?

52081713815_cd44dec9fa_k.jpgaMF by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

ARFF buildings...again this is AIRSIDE, not even the public side where less people would be looking

52081224156_2aa8c4aec9_k.jpgFF35 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

The roof of those ARFF hangars is even worse if you can believe it

52081235968_20c82b2c12_k.jpglookingeast by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Terminal textures are slightly better

52081223781_723f735fee_k.jpgTWR by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Tower texture is about average I'd say

52081713285_8fc8823561_k.jpgTWRmain by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

And then the lovely FPS counter after droning around for 15 min or so...

52081235793_e2f1d5bdcf_k.jpgoverview by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I really do not know what happened to ORBX. This was a developer that had a lot of passion for quality scenery, even trying to establish ambiance. I never bought into True Earth because of the space requirements and I did not want a bunch of postage stamp size areas of the world looking differently than everything else, but, it was innovative and revealed that desire to try to push the boundaries of the sim. I bought two of their sceneries when MSFS came out -- this one and KSBA -- and found both lackluster. In the two years since I have purchased nothing more from them, not as a protest but I just have not seen anything I really liked and thought was worth the money they were charging.

I think I will skip this version 2.

Edited by Cognita
  • Like 5

Dan Scott

I think i will just remain on the old version seeing these reports.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

13 minutes ago, Cognita said:

I really do not know what happened to ORBX.

Their market vanished when MSFS was released. So John sold it and the new owners turned it more into a publisher than a producer of add-ons.

16 minutes ago, Cognita said:

I really do not know what happened to ORBX. This was a developer that had a lot of passion for quality scenery

When JV stepped aside and this woke CEO took over we saw a mass exodus of freelance developers leave as well. The forums turned into a ghost town and you get no direct support now. It's always a forum moderator that answers your ticket with no real outcome. Sad really. Scenery fixes use to take days! And now they take months. I did notice Holger is still plugging away with his work though.. God bless him. 

Edited by RW1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

tpewpb-6.png

I’m scratching my head on this one…. Why couldn’t we just update from Orbx Central? I guess I had better ask there….

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

So John sold it

He still owns Orbx. He posted in 2020 about the changes to the company.

tpewpb-6.png