Sign in to follow this  
blueshark747

ORBX Hollywood Burbank V2 Update Heads Up

But why does  it look so good in V1 with PG on? To me, it should work in both.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

11 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

I wish I knew, hopefully it can be updated

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

15 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Dj - did you not see my photos above?  Literally nothing changed in v2.  The texture quality is awful.  Yeah they were pioneers in FSX, but this is MSFS - things just look out of place if the textures are poor.  Not only that the scenery is unusable due to fps issue.  I owned a ton of their products in p3d/FSX.  If they continue releasing products of this quality - I won't be buying anymore.

I just updated to V2 and ummm.....I am going to agree.  I cannot believe they were going to charge again for this!!  I seems no different to me at all.  What is wrong with the trees?  They seem to glow at certain angles.  Disappointed in ORBX and really have not bought any of their airports in a while.  This one (V1) was the last I purchased I believe. Looks like a lazy update to me.  What ever happened to that guy that ran ORBX...JV I think??  Did he sell out?

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

On 5/17/2022 at 6:11 PM, scotchegg said:

Orbx product quality (as expressed here in texture quality and FPS over time) has declined because their CEO has progressive social attitudes? Ooooh, I'd love to see some proof of that one.

It's true. The new CEO is allowing every sick pixel paid leave and replacing them with temporary help who do not look quite as good as the 1st team dots.

Kidding aside, KBUR II looks good on my system, I have no real complaint at all. Maybe I'm just easy to please. Or my lack of 4K hides the true picture quality in all scenery, maybe that's it.

EDIT: Had to quit MSFS and reboot it up and it works better. FPS at Burbank II is 25 to 30, Burbank I about 2 fps more. Both now working fine and looking OK to me.

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

9 hours ago, vgbaron said:

The buildings (and cars) in the first screenshot do not look like PG to me. They look more like custom models.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

They are all custom static models. I explored the whole airport with photogrammetry off.

Unfortunately alot of static tarmac vehicles aren't positioned well on the ground.(floating)

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2