Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

Crash when exiting a flight after update

Anyone else experiencing a crash after exiting a flight and returning to the main menu every time? This now happens after the update. Even with the community folder empty. Is there a crash log MSFS creates?

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Does it happen with all aircraft, and also in other area's than Italy/Malta?

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

tried with the PDMG737 and the default cessna 152 in default KPHX and Latin VFR KSAN

Last thing I did was uninstall Real Taxi Signs and reinstall it, plus reinstall REX runway and airport ground textures. Then renamed these 2 default files with a BUP at the end so I can restore them if something goes wrong under this location:

TAXI_SIGN_BACK_ALBEDO.PNG.DDS

TAXI_SIGN_SYMBOL.PNG.DDS

Pasted the top files that came with the real taxi signs into the folder and tested it out...there were no taxi signs now in the game, that that was a fail. Then I deleted the files I pasted, the restored the default files by removing the BUP at the end...but now there is this crash when exiting a flight to the main menu

F:\Flight Simulator\Official\OneStore\fs-base\sound\scenery\Global\Asobo_Props\TEXTURE

UPDATE... Deleted rolling cache and it did not crash one time, but tried it again and it crashed the second time. plus  still don't have taxi signs at any default airport

Edited by Bill A

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

29 minutes ago, Bill A said:

tried with the PDMG737 and the default cessna 152 in default KPHX and Latin VFR KSAN

Last thing I did was uninstall Real Taxi Signs and reinstall it, plus reinstall REX runway and airport ground textures. Then renamed these 2 default files with a BUP at the end so I can restore them if something goes wrong under this location:

TAXI_SIGN_BACK_ALBEDO.PNG.DDS

TAXI_SIGN_SYMBOL.PNG.DDS

Pasted the top files that came with the real taxi signs into the folder and tested it out...there were no taxi signs now in the game, that that was a fail. Then I deleted the files I pasted, the restored the default files by removing the BUP at the end...but now there is this crash when exiting a flight to the main menu

F:\Flight Simulator\Official\OneStore\fs-base\sound\scenery\Global\Asobo_Props\TEXTURE

UPDATE... Deleted rolling cache and it did not crash one time, but tried it again and it crashed the second time. plus  still don't have taxi signs at any default airport

Not sure how to best say this without starting some form of war, but here goes.  I am 100% appreciative of all the work by 3rd party developers, both commercial and private (freeware).  100%.  My feeling is that as collections of those are combined with the constantly changing core MSFS simulator, the probability of conflicts and inter-conflicts begins to rise, and even perhaps exponentially.  The long term resolution may likely then be incorporating these hosts of improvements into the core sim itself, with interrelated testing and proving to gain stability. 

At some point it seems the core sim needs to turn from focus on aesthetic to focus on effective depth in simulation of flight and flight related environmental accuracy.  Taxi signs are one great example.  Credible ATC and credible ATIS/AWOS are a couple of others.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Just need advice since I think the issue is the lack of taxi signs at airports. Don't want to reinstall unless it's that last resort. 

I don't have that mod, but flew the 310 to KSAN tonight, ran out of fuel, glided to an emergency landing, tried to exit the flightfrom the apron, blue bar goes to the end and 5 minutes later still not back to the menu. Had to close from resource manager.

Does anyone know if a reinstall is needed, if my bravo throttle control settings and other control settings are backed up somewhere? Or can they be backed up since it would be a pain having to reconfigure it all. 

Ok, did an experiment, went into the fsbase folder and copied not moved the scenery folder from the sound folder that it was in back to fsbase - scenery, instead of fsbase-sound-scenery.

so now it should look like this:

before

Flight Simulator\Official\OneStore\fs-base\sound\scenery

after

Flight Simulator\Official\OneStore\fs-base\scenery

Now I have taxi signs again...now need to know if others have their scenery folder under fs-base or fsbase\sound?

by the way after the update I have the following folders too under Flight Simulator\Official\OneStore

fs-base, fs-base-achievements , fs-base-aircraft-common, fs-base-aircraft-icao, fs-base-ai-traffic, fs-base-cgl, fs-base-cgl-minimal, fs-base-effects, fs-base-effects-legacy, fs-base-genericairports, fs-base-ingamepanels-atc, fs-base-ingamepanels-camera, fs-base-ingamepanels-checklist, fs-base-ingamepanels-common, fs-base-ingamepanels-controls, fs-base-ingamepanels-flyassistant, fs-base-ingamepanels-fuel, fs-base-ingamepanels-metar, fs-base-ingamepanels-navlog, fs-base-ingamepanels-objectives, fs-base-ingamepanels-replay, fs-base-ingamepanels-teleport, fs-base-ingamepanels-vfrmap, fs-base-ingamepanels-weather, fs-base-marketplace, fs-base-material-lib, fs-base-nav, fs-base-soundbanks, fs-base-ui-pages, fs-base-ui-vr, fs-base-ui-widgets, fs-base-vegetation-material-lib, fs-devmode