Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Anyone making an A350XWB for MSFS?

20 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

I wonder then like how PMDG did with Boeing, if a sim aircraft developer can enter into some sort of agreement with Airbus to get the tech data/specs on the newer buses... Fenix would be a great choice 🙂

That would be amazing, yes. But as far as I know, Airbus are unwilling (or have been unwilling in the past) to engage in similar agreements, that PMDG had made with Boeing.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

19 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

I wonder then like how PMDG did with Boeing, if a sim aircraft developer can enter into some sort of agreement with Airbus to get the tech data/specs on the newer buses... Fenix would be a great choice 🙂

That's because PMDG has an official partnership with Boeing, enavbling them to get what they need for newer Boeing aircraft like the MAX/777X.On the other hand, the same contract allows Boeing to dictate in detail what can/can't be simulated, which explains why we're not seeing quite Fenix levels of detail, especially regarding malfunction simulations.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, anden145 said:

That would be amazing, yes. But as far as I know, Airbus are unwilling (or have been unwilling in the past) to engage in similar agreements, that PMDG had made with Boeing.

Right, so I figured.  So I guess even a company like ProSim-AR have had to rely on whatever specs are available in the open about the A320? I presume they don't have a direct relationship with Airbus then.

Also curious how FBW are sourcing info/specs about the A380 given that they intend to implement it to match at least the levels of their A320 Neo.

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Now of course, this doesn't mean we'll never get a study level A350, just that it'll take some time, similarly to DCS.

1 minute ago, lwt1971 said:

Right, so I figured.  So I guess even a company like ProSim-AR have had to rely on whatever specs are available in the open about the A320? I presume they don't have a direct relationship with Airbus then.

Also curious how FBW are sourcing info/specs about the A380 given that they intend to implement it to match at least the levels of their A320 Neo.

A380 is already a semi-old aircraft.

I wonder whether Microsoft could add some weight behind a discussion with Airbus and support a partnership with the likes of Fenix to develop it. If you make that aircraft marketplace friendly aswel you may just have the best selling aircraft in any sim on your hands.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

I wonder whether Microsoft could add some weight behind a discussion with Airbus and support a partnership with the likes of Fenix to develop it. If you make that aircraft marketplace friendly aswel you may just have the best selling aircraft in any sim on your hands.

Interesting idea, but - well, not to be pessimestic, but I seriously doubt it.

It's not Airbus' market and I doubt that they want to delegate time and energy to perpetuate and share that kind of information about their aircrafts. 

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

24 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Interesting idea, but - well, not to be pessimestic, but I seriously doubt it.

It's not Airbus' market and I doubt that they want to delegate time and energy to perpetuate and share that kind of information about their aircrafts. 

I’m with you there. It’s a nice thought.. Kind of need to hope the person in charge of that area in Airbus is a big MSFS fan 🙂

• Like 2

I'm extremely skeptical about this ever seeing the light of day.

I put the likelihood of this ever being released in the next 2-3 years at, well, the likelihood of me waking up next to Claudia Schiffer.

Happy to eat my words.