Sign in to follow this  
dokelly07

Blurries & contention

>good question.>>if we knew that, we would have a great start on understanding>and categorizing the issue. >>right now, its still in the "mystery" class.So this might not be the smartest question to ask from a technical standpoint - but would posting our machine specs help any? Maybe there's some correlation???ASUS P4C800-EIntel 3.2 GHz HT (stock)4GB Kingston DDR-SDRAM PC3200 (200 MHz)-[DDR-400] GeForce 7800 GS AGP (stock)XP pro SP2What else?*edit* Ok, after looking at the specs that were already posted in the thread, I'm not seeing any correlation - so it looks like I answered my own question, Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Guest Hocking

I would also guess that it takes come certain hardware configuration to get these blurries (certain graphics card, processor, or memory configuration). Maybe it has something to do with memory timing, or something to do with a motherboard setting.I am not sure what these "blurries" even look like. Could somebody who is having "blurries" trouble please post up a screen shot so I can see what they look like. I don't think I am having any issues with blurries, but I guess I don't know that for sure.

Guest MauiHawk

>good question.>>if we knew that, we would have a great start on understanding>and categorizing the issue. >>right now, its still in the "mystery" class.Phil,I work for a small company so I understand we work under much looser rules... but we frequently send loggin builds to customers with unexplained phenomnon. Is there nobody in your beta program that had the problem? Could you send logging builds to them?I lieu of that would collecting dxdiag dumps from people reporting the problem help? Is this already done via the official support channel?

Hi Chris,I could be wrong, but I think I have shown that changing the ProcSpeed and PerfBucket values after their initial creation (the run that creates FSX.cfg) has no effect:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=set...ow_topic#401636(Post #25 in response to reply #24)It may be that this apparent lack of effect is confined to the in-sim user settings. Whether the PerfBucket value is used by the sim's engine in some other arcane way is quite another matter. However, I noted no changes in performance when this parameter was changed.Mike

No one on the beta ran into this, as I already stated.Machine config information, as already stated in this thread,shows no correlation.We are listening, though, and if a pattern emerges we will definitely take a look.

I don't have any blurries or a I should say except far off in the distance, but then again it was like that before the patch. My computer is a Core2Duo E6600 at 2.7 Ghz and 3 gigs of ram, but windows only seems to show two except in the system, hardware, computer name tab, where it says 3.0, but anyway and I have an nVidia 7600GT and a 250 gigabyte SATA drive.Edit: Here's some shots, this is what my FS looks like, I usually fly jets so I'm only a couple thousand feet agl. (Billings, MT is where I am)Jeffhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/172935.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/172936.jpg

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest craig1998

phil, I think there IS a pattern with nvidia, amd dual core users.there is the classic surge that some claim to be nvidiaand then there is the stutter (not fps) but scenery just doesnt flow by smooth at various points. I know this must be a burden on you answering all these forums, and like many others, I commend you for your professionalism. Is there some organized way we could set something up in order to help you and the aces?Im thinking like a poll or something? Maybe Rig setup and problems one user gets?

I don't understand the blurries/SP1 issue at all...how it can happen to some people, and not others?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest The Wizard of Oz

I second that.WOZ

Believe it or not, but we had zero reports of these blurries during the beta. Zero.

Phil:Please don't just concentrate on blurries. SP1 stutters so badly on my new system that I literally struggle to land the (default) aircraft (2-5 second freeze/lurches)near the ground. RTM did not stutter.Thanks for your efforts.Brian DenleyDell XPS 710QX6700 quadnVidia 8800GTX (latest nVidia drivers)4GB Ram

Guest jcmckeown

Phil, I belive you but we are where we are...

>Phil:>>Please don't just concentrate on blurries. SP1 stutters so>badly on my new system that I literally struggle to land the>(default) aircraft (2-5 second freeze/lurches)near the ground.> RTM did not stutter.>Thanks for your efforts.>Brian Denley>>Dell XPS 710>QX6700 quad>nVidia 8800GTX (latest nVidia drivers)>4GB Ram>There must be something terribly wrong to say at least... I fly blurry and stutter free with the C172 above Seattle in a thunderstorm and water @ 2xmax, FPS at 30 locked. Scenery at extremely dense, autogen at very dense, trees at 3000. That's with a C2D at 3.6 Ghz, 8800 Gtx and 2 GB RAM. OS Win XP.Did you slap all possible sliders to the right ? Is this a 'virgin' cfg ?Heiko

Hi,No, it's more complicated than that. I have an ATI card and I also have the blurries (glossem then over with Anisotropic filtering, though).The problem is that textures doesn't get loaded... or is it? What if they are loaded, but just not drawn? I remember one of the Aces team (it might well have been Phil) saying something like: FSX RTM used way too may draw calls. So obviously, the number of draw commands has decreased. What if a side effect of that is that the textures are drawn less frequently?I know, I'm out on a limb here. But as I see it, this it *IS* a matter of textures not being presented to the graphics card, whether they are not loaded (WHY?) or not requested drawn (WHY?). And it's not affecting everyone (BIG WHY?).Come up with some more idea's, folks. Maybe somebody will say just the right word that triggers the: "Hey, this could be it" effect.BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest cwright

Phil, I have a single core Pentium and, like many others, noticed a significant increase in the blurries with SP1. I'm considering un-installing SP1 because of this. If you had zero reports of this problem in the beta then I find that pretty worrying.Have you considered public betas? It seems the perfect solution to me. It would give you an enormous range of test machines for essentially zero cost and the blurries problem would certainly have been spotted well before the final SP1 release.Best regards, Chris