Sign in to follow this  
dokelly07

Blurries & contention

>Why I've seen several examples with slider settings and>hardware and do say you are out of this world because there is>no hardware that can run that without blurries :-lol This is simply not true. I can max everything on my system with no blurries in RTM, though obviously the frame rate is low.

All this is good, but I don't see a definition of "blurry". ISTM it would need custom textures, such as used by Jobia in his lclookup docu, so that resolution and mips can be looked at.scott s..

Guest thx1137

A couple of things:I wonder if it has anything to do with the height we are flying? When we are low to the ground the distance to loading sharper textures is almost all horizontal but when we are higher then there is a hight component to the distance so the sim thinks we are further away than we really are? Another thing thing to is that I have seen a lot of people say their textures are blurry but I wonder how much of it is inflated expectation of what the sim and the hardware can provide? Without actually seeing a video of it on someones machine it is pretty hard to say they are all experiencing the same thing.One poster showed a screen shot that looks pretty good for the default and another one says it is almost so blurry it is unflyable! Expectations in action I think.On my system I can see that scenery and textures load at a given distance from my aircraft and that it occures in layers. E.G. Far in the distance lacks detail (as expected) as it gets closer I see a small shift in texture (it shows more detail) then this happens another couple of times or so progressively getting sharper as it gets closer. Ideally this would happen in a way that was not noticable of course. On one occasion I had the high detail textures not load until I was literally over the top of them and wait a few seconds but I only ever had that once in SP1. I think I fixed it by stopping tweaking and putting the defaults back but not sure.

Guest The Wizard of Oz

The more I read these posts and my own experience the more depressing it becomes particulary as one thinks about upgrading to a higher powered rig as I'm doing right now (i.e spending thousands of dollars) with no guarantee that it will achieve the results expected. The rig problems and complaints must be also causing a lot of stress and despondency at ACES studios as well.I would simply put out a advanced version of Xbox with a processor, big hard disc and custom video and USB's for add-ons that can run the sim with maximum sliders if required and none of these rig specific problems. One system that guarantees success for all.Also make this Xbox able to interface with a PC so that developed scenery etc on the PC can be transferred to the Xbox - OK this could be already be done via HD-DVD a version of Windows Multi-Media as the OP system. The advanced Xbox might be priced at US$1500 or so and it would save a lot of angst all round and be a lot lighter in the long run on our pockets. Just some thoughts after a bunch of blurries and a disc crash.WOZ

I reinstalled from SCRATCH, even got rid of registry entries by hand. I know how to start from scratch and did so by the book. Using an UNALTERED config file it still blurs on ANY settings flying anything faster than a cessna. It is not my system, plain and simple.Danon O.

I am with you Ray. I spent endless hours tweaking in great expectation, to no avail. Hugely hugely frustrating. I uninstalled SP1 and got better results with respect to blurries but lost framerates.I am going to do the complete uninstall, clean the system of files and directories and do it all over again CLEAN just as you have reported.I have nothing to loose now as my patience and stress level were over the top already.I have noted that others reported throughout the many threads on this topic on several sites that the fresh install seemed to work.Fingers crossed! Here I go. I WILL report back on success or failure.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I upgraded my machine, largely for other movie rendering applications work, and thought my benefit would be that FSX would run well. I was wrong, however, on the positivie side my FS2004 rocks, I can do everything, setting all maxed out unbelievable weather situations and fly in a F16 at some ungodly mack speed and never loose a fsp or stutter or get a blurry.So my enjoyment level on fs2004 went up significantly so its my preferred flightsim. Interesting eh.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Guest MrBitsy

>Phil:>>Please don't just concentrate on blurries. SP1 stutters so>badly on my new system that I literally struggle to land the>(default) aircraft (2-5 second freeze/lurches)near the ground.> RTM did not stutter.>Thanks for your efforts.>Brian DenleyDid you delete the FSX.CFG after a clean install of FSX and SP1, AFTER running FSX just once with no setting changes?I was so fed up with the blurries, I did a clean install of everything, but was distraught when my FSX stuttered all over the place!! I then did a clean install, but only loaded FSX for the first time - I didn't fly or change any setting, I just quit. I then deleted FSX.CFG, ran FSX and the stutters and blurries were gone.I tried all the suggestions and tweaks on this forum but nothing worked until I did as described above.Ray Keattch.

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

>>I posted, but my post was deleted for some odd reason.>>>>I had zero (ZERO) blurries in the RTM, just had to turn off>>most autogen to get playable FPS. It was running fine with>>traffic very low. I did a CLEAN install of FSX, ran FSX one>>time to build a config, installed service pack 1, ran FSX>>again, moved slliders to SAME postitions prior to service>pack>>1. This way at the least I would get the same performance,>>not worse. I was wrong. It was worse.>>The only step I don't see here is the deletion of FSX.CFG>after the install of SP1. Run a clean FSX after SP1 install,>quit FSX then DELETE FSX.CFG. Run FSX and see what you get (do>not alter FSX.CGF at all initially)>>I hadn't used the sim since SP1 was released due to blurries>on my system - the FSX.CFG deletion was what did it for me.>>>Stuttering I had never seen before>>Blurries beyond description>>Autogen Pop - to see how bad this really is, go back to RTM>>for 5 minutes and watch them fade in.>>YES - same here!! (I have a 7800gt and AMD duel core)>>All fixed with the following steps>>remove FSX>delete FSX directories>Install FSX>Install SP1>Run FSX to get a CFG file>Quit FSX>DELETE FSX.CFG>Restart FSX but no changes to FSX.CFG>Change in game settings and see what you get.>>>Ray KeattchRay,Yup, I did the same thing... With RTM I had a HORRIBLE time with blurries, especially when flying faster WW2 fighters down low around the Rockies (using FSX Genesis Mesh) even with no traffic and minimal autogen. I did a full wipe + re-install according to the same checklist you have above and I've had GREAT performance with my setup now. That is with all my tools re-installed, a decent amount of traffic (28% + cars, etc.), normal autogen and decent weather. No blurries (that I've noticed), no stutters, nothing. I haven't done a SINGLE tweak or change to FSX.CFG or any other file. Just load and go...Sorry that so many are running into issues, but for me SP1 was a GODSEND!--Mike

Guest radivil

>For those that were asking what blurries look like in SP1:There's also something I only recently noticed in your first screenshot, that I haven't seen in anyone else's. In the last two weeks or so, I've noticed very subtle lines in my ground textures that almost look like the lines made by going "against the grain" when mowing the lawn. Figured they were caused by some sort of add-on texture, but apparently not. I have no idea what could or would cause them, but whatever.

I fixed blurries here.I uninstalled sp1, uninstall FSX.set for single monitor and 1024x768.install FSX. no blurries. install FSX sp1 no blurries. yahoo!here's some of the mods I had done before I tried the above:fox-fam tweaks and scenery reductions (I had tried to recopy the original scenery files back in and then reinstall of sp1 - this didn't seem to help).tile proxy installed. I almost wonder if tile proxy was causing some problems as I don't quite recognize some of the textures.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Hi there,uncheck "Land detail texture" in Settings > Scenery > Display and those fine grids will go away.Unfortunately you'll also lose taxiline definitions at airports (they become semi-transparent) so it's a trade off. However, you can switch back and forth during a flight without forcing a scenery refresh.Cheers, Holger

>Hi there,>>uncheck "Land detail texture" in Settings > Scenery > Display>and those fine grids will go away.>>Unfortunately you'll also lose taxiline definitions at>airports (they become semi-transparent) so it's a trade off.>However, you can switch back and forth during a flight without>forcing a scenery refresh.>>Cheers, HolgerYep it seems even to conflict with water textures ;-)Andr

André

Good point - there is no definitions of blurries. But perhaps we could fix this by simply having somthing like example screenies next to the check mark boxes- "do your visuals look this this, this or this?" Man - if i could I would create a survey like this but I have know idea how. Perhaps Microsoft could set one up?