Sign in to follow this  
dokelly07

Blurries & contention

Guest thx1137

Hmmm. In that case I have *always* had blurries, even without SP1!

Guest thx1137

I thought I would try flying somehwere more scenic than my usual haunt (YPAD) so I headed over to EGGD. The textures look nicer there and I think look like the second screen shot.I have no tweaks applied. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173135.jpg

Guest stems

In my setup I notice that sometimes FSX stops for a second and it seems that this happens while reading the HD, I am not sure whether there is anything I can check. In general everything is fine but this bothers me as it happens also on the approach.My setup Asus P5W DH Delux2Gbyte RAMWinfast PX7950 Win XP SP2

Guest cbuchner1

Just one additional note on this issue:Have you guys tried to transfer the entire fsx.cfg config file from a setup that definitely has NO blurries to a machine that has BAD blurries?I've done a similar experiment (TileProxy allows me to benchmark the tile loading performance with the "tiles per second" readout) and I was able to get a machine to show a decent terrain loading speed by just copying the entire config file from another PC. That seemed to have done the trick.Christian

mmm - here is an interesting one for youjust recently my Audigy 4 Pro has been playing up - sometimes it is recognised other times not ...anyway was getting fed up with it - so disabled it and used my on-board sound instead (Intel HD)I'm sure the blurries are much much better now - ie almost completely gone ...a coincidence or not ?I'm on Vista by the wayMark.

>mmm - here is an interesting one for you>>just recently my Audigy 4 Pro has been playing up - sometimes>it is recognised other times not ...>>anyway was getting fed up with it - so disabled it and used my>on-board sound instead (Intel HD)>>I'm sure the blurries are much much better now - ie almost>completely gone ...>>a coincidence or not ?>>I'm on Vista by the way>>Mark.Interesting indeed. I'm using the onboard SoundMAX Digital Audio and have never had an additional sound card installed on this PC (XP Pro), and definitely have a "bad case of the blurries." (sounds like the title of a blues song - :-) )But, good news for you, glad you got it fixed on your end.

cheers- well perhaps it was placebo here then ...?the only other 2 things I did was reduce overclock from 3.2 gig to 3.06 gig, and change PCI latency to 96 (from 64)Mark.

>cheers- well perhaps it was placebo here then ...?>Not necessarily. It may not have been an issue with the sound card, but at this point I'm not sure anyone has pinned this problem down yet, and any input helps. I seem to go back and forth with the blurries - last night they weren't so bad (still there though) and other times they're pretty noticeable.

Guest Bungalow

>There must be something terribly wrong to say at least... I>fly blurry and stutter free with the C172 above Seattle in a>thunderstorm and water @ 2xmax, FPS at 30 locked. Scenery at>extremely dense, autogen at very dense, trees at 3000. That's>with a C2D at 3.6 Ghz, 8800 Gtx and 2 GB RAM. OS Win XP.>>Did you slap all possible sliders to the right ? Is this a>'virgin' cfg ?>>>HeikoJust tried the same as the above, 172 from KSEA into Seattle around 1000-2000 feet. Looks amazing with scenery at extremely dense and the weather. I get ~15 fps w/o stutter or blur. With AA and AF max @ 1280x1024.E4300@2.8Ghz, 2GB Ram, 8800GTS @ 1Ghz Mem, Win XP

>Compared to RTM in the same scenery area with the same settingsActually, your RTM shot also contains blurries. Scenery like that is unacceptable to me and fits my description of "blurries". You're only seeing the full 1m textures in a tiny portion in the lower-left corner of the screen.FSX features 1m scenery textures. It should display 1m textures. If it doesn't, then put more resources toward scenery loading until it does, then lower details until framerate is acceptable.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173200.jpgWhy not do away with those higher-detail mips? I'm sure if the engine switched from 1m textures to 8m in the distance without all those steps (4m, 2m, 1m) between, performance would actually improve due to less disk/RAM/Vram IO...

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I think this approach has merit... I've complained several times on this forum that I can easily outfly the 2m textures that I enjoy looking at. My test is typically at KSEA, flying north and overflying downtown Seattle.I've resisted totally uninstalling FSX, since I believe I have a pretty much virgin install to begin with, but I did try Phil's recommended approach.All tests with fps capped at 20.First test:Scenery settings:Medium --- Sparse0 --- None 305m2mH1XThis is not what I really want to fly on an ongoing basis, but it does give me a very steady 20 fps... and the textures pretty much keep up when I fly at 2000 feet and 100 knots. Sooo, working from there...I'm now at:Medium --- Normal50 --- None 76m2mL2X and things are still pretty good at 20 fps...Got to get some sleep and will test more tomorrow, but if othersin the same situation can be persuaded to knock at least the two mesh settings all the way to the left and scenery complexity and autogen as well (as a test !!), they may also find that FSX actually can deliver the textures... From there, you can work your way up... a little at a time. :-)

Bert

I said that I would report back after attempting the fix as prescribed above; >remove FSX>delete FSX directories>Install FSX>Install SP1>Run FSX to get a CFG file>Quit FSX>DELETE FSX.CFG>Restart FSX but no changes to FSX.CFG>Change in game settings and see what you getMy results are that I am getting higher fsp but nothing to write home about but can keep it locked at 25. But, the dreaded blurries are still there. As I fly along the tiles pop into focus underneath me but anything in the distance is not sharp.Maybe our definition of blurries is different. I do expect the scenery in the mid distance to be in focus, and its not. Yet when I fly in fs9 everything is sharp.I have pretty much had it for messing around with fsx and trying to get this thing to work properly. What a bloody shame. It should not be this way.My specs are:AMD Athlon 4200+ 64 X2 dual core; 2 gigs RAM; Radeon X1600 512Mb PCI Express; dedicated 300gig SATA HD for flightsim.Something isn't right in my opinion. While this isn't the worlds top machine it is no slouch either.Oh fuddle.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Guest hobbes99

Soo,I got a new machine last week, Dell XPS 710with Dual Core 2,16, 4GB Ram, GeForce 8800 GTX and Vista Ultimate.I installed fsx and right after this SP1. Then did a de-frag and no tweaking at all.I also downloaded the latest nvidia driver from nvidia.com (no beta)-I also seem to get the blurries. If you all mean by blurries that the ground textures get loaded only when already almost flying over them or changing the view that suddenly the textures are very unsharp.Now, of course I dont have all sliders to the right but even when flying over terrain with not a lot of auto gen and am at 20FPS of 20Fps locked I get late loading texture.So is there no way to fix this? :-(Christian

Reverting to RTM is the only way to fix it, as of now. I also hope Aces get a fix for it soon.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White