Sign in to follow this  
por930

Reinstall of RXP GTN750 not active (resolving)

After a being seduced by MSFS scenery for many months...I am back. Seems crazy to have P3Dv4.5 with lots of great aircraft and airport sceneries and not use them.....Predominantly, I fly the big airlines or bizjets and once out of the airport surrounds, the sceneries are the same. Anyway.....

This caused  me to get the RXP GTN750 cranking again in the PC12. I think I updated the RXP GTN to 2.5.29. and the start screen says SW version 6.62.4 and garmine says v3.3.1.0

What do all the other comments mean, and can I remedy them?

Navigation; Basemap; Obstacle; Safe Taxi; Terrain = Data base not found?

Charts, Not available..I have a Navigraph subscription. How do I get them to coordinate?

Phenom300
I recall getting some information from Bert Pieke  during 2018 and getting the Phenom 300 equipped with the GTN750. I have very little idea now, how I achieved that when using the mod. I will send Bert a pm, as i still have the copy of the panel.gtn.v6

I think I recall having the RXP GTN 750 in the  Flysimware 441, Learjet 35A and Falcon 50?

Is there a list of aircraft the RXP GTN750 fits to? 

Geoff Bryce

21 hours ago, por930 said:

I have a Navigraph subscription. How do I get them to coordinate?

You can't - they are Garmin databases.

David Porrett

Thanks David,

So, every time I fire up the GTN750, it will always give me the message...Navigation; Basemap; Obstacle; Safe Taxi; Terrain = database not found and charts Not available. I just wondered after the install downloaded some 4.4GB database. I seemed to recall several years ago, I did not get this message, but it did find some things...

OK no worries,

Geoff Bryce

I have reinstalled RXP GTN750, and at first, thought everything was well, but I had not actually tried the GTN750. The opening message says databases etc is not found as I reported in an earlier post. Some where, during the installation I must have taken a wrong turn, and many bits scattered about, so the Trainer database is not connecting with the GTN750 in the aircraft, which in turn is not connecting with the world.

I can see a 3,458KB application sitting in C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\GtnTrainer

The files nav_db2.bin and nav_db2_grm.bin reside in E:\RXP GTN 750 INSTALL PARTS\DATA\DATABASES

Maybe it is too complicated to repair and a full uninstall, cleanout and reinstall, with more care taken is the answer. I did not insist it install anywhere and ok with its preference, so not sure what happened and what is the correct responce to its questions?

Geoff Bryce

@por930

Hi, I'm not sure whether you've solved this installation issue since you've posted?

The message just tells the Garmin trainer database is either not installed, or it is installed and not found.

edited: (just merged your other message)

It looks like you've installed the DB on another drive than C, and on some systems, this breaks auto-detection.

You might want to consider installing the DB in C instead, otherwise, did you try to manually "tell" the RXP GTN where to find the DB installation folder (detailed in the RXP manual)?

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

@Jean-Luc

Hi Jean-Luc, thanks for the reply. No, I did not solve the installation. Looking about my system, I see many references to "RXP", and what looks like many attempts to download and install RXPGTN750. The whole place looks a mess, with several downloads approx. 65,905KB and maybe better to uninstall RXP and any other files I have and start with a clean install.

I found the reference in the manual referring to manually "telling" the system where to find the DB. I did find 8 DBs1-8.cab approx. from 1,077,740 to 8,841KB with a Databases.Setup.msi, and GTN.Setup.msi in a RXP folder on my flight sim drive. trying to select causes the system to say, a newer version of Garmin Trainer Databases is already installed, or a newer version of Garmin Trainer is already installed... Is there a clue how to find where these installed databases are?

I have just spent the morning reading the MSFS2020 - RXP saga....seems like it is not who you are, but politics. Good luck 

• Like 1

Geoff Bryce

Hi,

I suspect the .cad and .msi might have been older installer files you had downloaded before and left there, this is why it tells you a newer version is already installed. You can safely ignore them for now, in case, you can redownload everything.

However if when running the Databases.Setup.msi installer it is also telling you the database is already installed, this means there is something preventing the trainer to find it when it is running.

Let's find out with your help: if you're comfortable with regedit, would you mind telling me what do you have in the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Garmin\Trainers
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Garmin\GTN Trainer

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

@Jean-Luc OK, I found that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Garmin\Trainers had seven items. When I manage to get a pic url entered, I will show ya.

Default..

BinPath...

BootstrapLocation..

DataPath

GtiExePath

LauncherExePath

ShortcutKeyPath

However, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Garmin\GTN Trainer, did not exist 

Geoff Bryce

RXP GTN750_1

OK, this is the output for the REGEDIT. As you can see, there is no HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Garmin\GTN Trainer

I looked at LauncherExePath, and selected it. This loaded a black box showing Navigators - GTN(v6.72) and below it as Display 1 Displays - TXi(v3.30) 

When I looked about my system, I did find the GtnTrainer in C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common. It had an empty update folder, checklists.zip, flightplans.zip, GarminTrainerSetup_3.2.3.0.exe (as well as _2310,2500,2710)

Edited by por930
A bit more digging

Geoff Bryce