Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

MSFS freezes loading flight.

Hi my MSFs freezes loading flight less than half way through. The bar and text at the bottom of the screen quit moving. It seems to do this when I load the Ercoupe or Cri Cri twice. (Freezes on the second loading of plane) anyone have any suggestions. I Reinstalled the Ercoupe same problem. 

Edited by Todd2

Try waiting longer.  Sometimes takes A LONG time to load when you first install a new addon. 

Thanks Forkboy but I waited like 20 minutes and its froze. 

Something wrong with that aircraft would be guess.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

51 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

Thanks Forkboy but I waited like 20 minutes and its froze. 

Here's a suggestion, and works every time to animate the load in bar once more...if you pause for over a minute,  press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and bring up the Task Manager Window.  Do nothing inside it.   Merely bring up Window and then use the top X to close it.  Your advance bar will reanimate and fully load out. I do this all the time, call up the TMW,  and then close the window. I think that W10/11 is hanging...but causing a loss of focus on MSFS,  causes whatever it is, to get past the lock up/freeze occurrence in MSFS.

12 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Here's a suggestion, and works every time to animate the load in bar once more...if you pause for over a minute,  press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and bring up the Task Manager Window.  Do nothing inside it.   Merely bring up Window and then use the top X to close it.  Your advance bar will reanimate and fully load out. I do this all the time, call up the TMW,  and then close the window. I think that W10/11 is hanging...but causing a loss of focus on MSFS,  causes whatever it is, to get past the lock up/freeze occurrence in MSFS.

Thanks I ended up accidentally deleating MSFS so I'm redownloading now. 

I am facing the same issue now.

Whenever I try to load into a flight with the B737 PMDG or the A320 FBW, the sim freezes in the loading screen. In the task manager, it shows the sim frozen with status = inactive and no response. 

spacer.png

Already tried to completely reinstall both, PMDG and A320 FBW.

When I use the Fenix A320, it loads without any issues into the flight.

Cri Cri came out very very early days. Not even sure it was ever updated. I haven't had that installed for ages. It's almost got to be something in Community folder.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

On 5/19/2022 at 8:20 PM, Todd2 said:

How do you accidentally delete MSFS? 🙂

• Like 2

Thomas Derbyshire

Just now, sidfadc said:

How do you accidentally delete MSFS? 🙂

I was wondering that myself, that's like deleting your OS accidently. 😉

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Aircraft that use WASM/C++ like the PMDG 737 and Aerosoft CRJ do take ages the first time you load them in, and after any update, as MSFS has to recompile all the code. Give it at least 10 minutes before giving up and force quitting just in case.

Fenix loads quick as it doesn't use WASM, a lot of it is external to the sim and loads in the background.

Edited by Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Its like "Doctor, I accidentally lost my leg can you help"

Thomas Derbyshire

On 5/19/2022 at 2:20 PM, Todd2 said:

It's not hard to accidently do something. Heck, I accidently have accidents, on occasion.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I hit the reset button since repair didn't work. When I hit the reset button it deleted MSFS somehow.