Sign in to follow this  
Wilbert

Past CTD Problem

I'm experiencing FSX not CTD but causes complete reboot. I get Blue screen but it goes by too fast to see anything more than the group of codes that just flash by and gone. I using XP Pro, FSX SP1, latest nVidia drivers. Not OC'ing, not overheating. The only extra installs are Cloud9's landclass, Orlando, KIAD sceneries and Feelthere Citation X. After a while when flying (maybe perhaps an hour or 2 - whalla - REBOOT. Don't know when its going to happen. I know this will be a difficult problem to track down and knowing there are so many different systems/arragements it might be difficult to reproduce (except on my system). The last time this happened I was over the Pacific and no where near any of the addon sceneries. I've checked my system and have run memtest on my memory & etc. - all passed OK. This does not happen when using FS9. Anyone aware of simular problem with SP1?____________Abit AW9D-MaxThermaltake W0106 700W PSUIntel QX6700 Quadcore4x1G Crucial Ballistix DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000)2x150GB SATA WD Raptor2x320GB SATA WD SE162x Light-On DVDRW 165H65BFG 8800GTX OC2 768MB 626MHz Core Clock3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case FansDanger Den Water CoolingEnermax temp/fan controllerCreative SB Extigy USB SoundGateway Diamondtron VX1120 20in Monitor:(

As a followup I attempted to try the same flight again (PHNL to RPME) and after about 2 hours FSX crashed. This time wasn't a complete reboot but a CTD, indicating a "terrain.dll" mentioned. I did a comparison of the "Terrain.dll" in FSX with the one on the original dvd and they are different sizes. I don't know if this is of any significance or not. I would appreciate if anyone could attempt this flight and see if they can reproduce the problem I'm having. I don't think it has anything to do with the aircraft I'm using but rather an actual terrain problem with FSX.Thanks,WilbertAbit AW9D-MaxThermaltake W0106 700W PSUIntel QX6700 Quadcore4x1G Crucial Ballistix DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000)2x150GB SATA WD Raptor2x320GB SATA WD SE162x Light-On DVDRW 165H65BFG 8800GTX OC2 768MB 626MHz Core Clock3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case FansDanger Den Water CoolingEnermax temp/fan controllerCreative SB Extigy USB SoundGateway Diamondtron VX1120 20in Monitor

Guest stopwatch

At last found somebody with the same kind of problem as myself. Ran FSX on XP Pro when it first came out with no problems at all. Decided foolishly to buy Vista Ultimate - hated it and took it off without installing FSX and re-installed my trusty XP Pro and reformatted both of my 160gb HDDs' except now whenever I try to take off with any plane the pc crashes without a blue screen and restarts. Have tried reinstalling all graphic card drivers and even gone back to the ones where FSX worked ok but to no avail. Have tried it with and without SP1 but same problem...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can anybody help/CheersStopwatchASRock775v88+ Motherboard550W PSUIntel P4 3.06ghz2x1gb DDR 2700 333 Ram2x 160gb IDE 7200rpm HDDATI x1600pro AGP Graphics

Had a complete reboot yesterday (first time) after playing around with looking at various AI aircraft. After looking at a few AI aircraft quickly one after the other, i noticed that the textures (but especially the terraintextures) had it very difficult to follow my constant AI airplane view switching. Then all of a sudden... bang... black screen and a complete reboot.E6600 with 4GB PC6400 RAM, Asus EN8800GTS 640MB, nothing overclocked.As far as i could see, no overheating, not on the CPU, nor the GPU.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

At this time I have no idea on how to solve this problem. If it would CTD then we might have some clue as to what might be causing it. My computer is kinda fast, so it is almost impossible to see what has happened (other than the REBOOT. I don't remember having this problem before I upgraded my computer and installing SP1. I thought it might be something with the configuration of my computer - but, I think not. FSX just SELF-DESTRUCT. I was so disappointed on one occasion after making a 7 hour flight (and thinking I will be landing soon), then I switch to an outside view and "BOOOOMM" - my computer jumped off the floor, settled down and started to reboot.WilbertAbit AW9D-MaxThermaltake W0106 700W PSUIntel QX6700 Quadcore4x1G Crucial Ballistix DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000)2x150GB SATA WD Raptor2x320GB SATA WD SE162x IDE Light-On DVDRW 165H65BFG 8800GTX OC2 768MB 626MHz Core Clock3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case FansDanger Den Water CoolingEnermax temp/fan controllerCreative SB Extigy USB SoundGateway Diamondtron VX1120 20in Monitor

Guest firehawk44

I would recommend checking out the CTD Forum just above this forum. Many others have had similar problems and you might find a solution there. I would also check your Event Viewer and see if it states the type of error you received. That may give you a clue as to the source of the problem. A Blue screen usually indicates a hardware problem.Jim

Guest stopwatch

Finally after much messing about found out my problem. Believe it or not it was the sound drivers so uninstalled/reinstalled but same problem, changed sound card and hey presto FSX works like a charm.I downloaded the following program Driver Magician - heres the link http://www.forumw.org/viewtopic.php?t=2420...driver+magician It tells you what drivers need updating and can download them for you. After it updated sound drivers I then got BSOD telling me something amiss with sysaudio.sys. After checking a few sites turns out the drivers are corrupt or sound card knackered.Hope this helps you.Stopwatch