Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX A320 RELEASED!

I know we have to wait for SU10 for the c++ weather radar. But is the weather radar on the Fenix working in case c++ was not used?

24 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

my i9 9900k (5hhz) is getting totally hammered by Fenix. For the first time since I started using  MSFS (alpha tester) I am unable to sustain 30fps (goes for both VC and external).
Comparison with PMDG 737 is almost night and day on my system.
Little disappointed actually.

@Aamir just posted in Discord and in this thread to remind all users that there is an option in the Fenix manager to transfer the rendering of the displays in the aircraft from the CPU to the GPU or even the integrated GPU if your CPU has one. I have yet to try this aircraft yet but sounds like something worth trying. Let us know if it helps. Good luck.

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

Well, I am stumped.

Had no idea the EFT needs a thumb print or a code to give access to the options on it.

Is there a generic code?

What have others done, or do you all start EFT & engines running?

T45

1 minute ago, Treetops45 said:

Well, I am stumped.

Had no idea the EFT needs a thumb print or a code to give access to the options on it.

Is there a generic code?

T45

you mean the EFB? Just click and hold that fingerprint button and the EFB comes to life

• Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

3 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Well, I am stumped.

Is there a generic code?

T45

You need to click the "home" button the EFB and it will unlock!

Passcode is 0000.

Edited by highflyer2020
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Treetops45 said:

Well, I am stumped.

Is there a generic code?

T45

I believe the code is 0000 or you can click and hold on the finger print button. It was demonstrated in a stream I saw yesterday.

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

Anyone else’s having issues with calibrating reverse thrust in the Fenix? Just isn’t picking up the detent.

11 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

You are joking??😀

My PC is not a touch screen.

I have tried touching the thumb print to no avail;.

Can you give me a code please, because the initial wonderful purchase experience is turning into a somewhat frustrating 'can't start it' experience.

T45

Just put in any 4 digit code you want.

• Like 1

Turned on my integrated Intel graphics on my ageing 7700k with a 1080ti. After installing Intel graphics drivers, I set the option in the Fenix app to use that. Haven't tried without it but with the displays offloaded to the iGPU it performs more or less like the FBW. 

Absolutely floored with everything, started from cold and dark with my Olympic Airlines livery in Flytampa LGAV and it is smooth. Not PMDG smooth but there is no comparison to the way this feels as I am going through startup, it makes the 737 feel like a toy. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Aamir said:

For those with i5s, i7s, i9s etc - you have integrated GPUs on your chips that are never utilized, and it's worth turning them on in the BIOS and using this to render your displays, it's a huge performance gain.

Would love to, but since my 9900K is inside a laptop with crappy bios, I can't

Not really sure I need to, I am getting 35fps with screen on balanced

just landed at LOWI, smooth flight in any aspect (let alone these annoying warning signs but wanted to get the 320 into the air, possibly a tad to fast ;-)). love it so far, tomorrow I know what I will do during a couple of boring conference calls 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 minute ago, skully said:

Just put in any 4 digit code you want.

Thanks

I think mines faulty, tried all of the above, the Icons appear at the top of the page then disappear & its back to the keypad.

I will go out & reload the aircraft.

T45

@Aamir I use discord, but for others sake, I realize most of the support topics /help topics such as the knowledge base, user start guide, etc is dedicated on discord which i don't think everyone uses/ want to use. I think you should consider at least adding this to your main website as many issues can be resolved by reading them, but I don't believe users must be able to have discord to access it, and I'm sure many others don't even know the knowledge base exists. Congrats on the release and about to start her up now!

Edited by johnnycaptain
  • Like 3

Jonathon James