Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX A320 RELEASED!

3 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Similarly I'm finding it close to if not better performance wise than the 737 (3070Ti)

This is so odd compared to others reports... no clue what to do now in light of this... 🙂

Roi Ben

London area at UK2000's Luton, 100% AIG traffic loaded (about 200 AI aircraft are loaded), display quality "quality", displays on the GPU, engines started - 28 FPS. Seems okay to me?
Anyway gotta go sleeping now.

Ryzen 5600x, 1080ti

• Like 2

I have good fps, no really different than to the FBW (maybe even better) after a very short test. However the cockpit and external model textures doesn't look as good as it looks at the fenix page, rather unsharp on my end.

6 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

I appreciate your droll humor

I'm glad it came across correctly. Written humour is sometimes difficult to get across.

I can't tell you what my aircraft does, as I don't own it. I just watched what it is supposed to do on YouTube. 

3 minutes ago, Farlis said:

I'm glad it came across correctly. Written humour is sometimes difficult to get across.

I can't tell you what my aircraft does, as I don't own it. I just watched what it is supposed to do on YouTube. 

Oh!

The vicarious approach!😄

T45

Another Aamir announcement re: FPS, wonder if this is due to the sim using the Fenix model for all AI 320 aircrafts? ... also they have a handy knowledge base system up now: http://fenixsim-19919629.hs-sites.com/knowledge 

AamirToday at 17:48

@everyone - for those with EXTREMELY poor FPS - please Set ALL AI traffic to OFF and observe framerate - and report back if any changes.
Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

7 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

London area at UK2000's Luton, 100% AIG traffic loaded (about 200 AI aircraft are loaded), display quality "quality", displays on the GPU, engines started - 28 FPS. Seems okay to me?
Anyway gotta go sleeping now.

Ryzen 5600x, 1080ti

Alright now I'll go sleeping: Last test, everything the same as above (100% AIG, so hundreds of aircraft over/at New York; also terran LOD of 200 and almost all settings on ultra [clouds etc.]), this time it's KJFK sitting on runway 31L: 24 FPS.
With terrain LOD 100 and 100% AIG: 28 FPS
With terrain LOD 10 and 100% AIG: 32 FPS
With terrain LOD 200 and AI traffic off: 32 FPS
With terrain LOD 100 and AI traffic off: 36 FPS
With terrain LOD 10 and AI traffic off: 45 FPS

Keep in mind that's one of the heaviest areas in MSFS and also with ultra graphics. Also keep in mind this was right after loading, so FPS might be less after a 3 hours flight coming into the approach.

So I guess it's worse than the 737, but if/when you have enough headroom on your AI traffic / LOD settings, you can adapt to any possible heavy load situation and still maintain acceptable FPS with my hardware.

• Like 3

TIP:  For those with resource-sensitive systems, when you go into the Livery Manager, before you start downloading, make sure you visit the settings page first, and select 4k textures - otherwise liveries will default to 8k, where offered at that size.  👍

spacer.png

Edited by JYW
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

My experience so far:

1) Fast purchase and super fast download

2) Performance is worse than PMDG, but flyable (i9 9900K, 2080Ti, 3840x2160)

3) I fly with an Xbox controller most of the time (desktop real estate issue) and so far rudder doesn't work

4) Using keyboard or controller buttons for throttle is very awkward. Using native MSFS you can use the " increase throttle (small)"  to move the lever, but I can't seem to find a " decrease throttle (small) "  even as the Fenix website mentions it as a simconnect event (I guess a 3rd party program is necessary here).

5) The sounds are "good" ... not great.

--

I'll submit  a ticket since discord is a disaster for such things.

I am unable to takeoff without rudder control, so unfortunately this one is headed for the hangar until things improve. Sad day for me.

• Like 3

Enrique Vaamonde

10 minutes ago, evaamo said:

My experience so far:

1) Fast purchase and super fast download

2) Performance is worse than PMDG, but flyable (i9 9900K, 2080Ti, 3840x2160)

3) I fly with an Xbox controller most of the time (desktop real estate issue) and so far rudder doesn't work

4) Using keyboard or controller buttons for throttle is very awkward. Using native MSFS you can use the " increase throttle (small)"  to move the lever, but I can't seem to find a " decrease throttle (small) "  even as the Fenix website mentions it as a simconnect event (I guess a 3rd party program is necessary here).

5) The sounds are "good" ... not great.

--

I'll submit  a ticket since discord is a disaster for such things.

I am unable to takeoff without rudder control, so unfortunately this one is headed for the hangar until things improve. Sad day for me.

Same issue with controller here.  Hope it gets sorted.

• Like 3

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

Only done one flight, so consider this a preliminary performance data point... 

I'm seeing about 34 FPS (with some variability) for the Fenix, with displays set to 'quality', 8K liveries and display rendering as CPU (recommended).. vs:

(A test I did the other day when the 737 was released)

39 FPS PMDG 737-700

38 FPS Leonardo MD-82

36 FPS Aerosoft CRJ700

30 FPS FBW A320 (Dev)

37 FPS - Default Cessna 172 Skyhawk

In all cases, VC view, Ready For Takeoff at KCLE RW 24L.

4K, 90% Render, TLOD 200, Clouds, Textures, Vectors - Ultra, real-time traffic and live weather

Edited by odourboy
  • Like 4

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 hour ago, Aamir said:

For those with i5s, i7s, i9s etc - you have integrated GPUs on your chips that are never utilized, and it's worth turning them on in the BIOS and using this to render your displays, it's a huge performance gain.

Alternatively, just switch it to your GPU. MSFS uses system resources differently across different systems, and you'll do better on FPS selecting a render method that suits your system better.

Yes, I surprised at those who run straight to this forum when having "teething" issues! Rather use that time to RTFM!!😁

• Like 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

With display quality set to Quality I see 25fps sat at Cork Airport no AI traffic. With it set to Performance fps is smooth and at 36 in which I have it locked at. Very pleased, really looking forward to flying this thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1