Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX A320 RELEASED!

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am confused about this aircraft. Reading some posts on their Discord Channel, and some people love the Airbus, get good FPS, etc,  and others are posting that it is terrible, poor FPS, and it  has all kinds of bugs, and some even are asking for a refund. I think I will wait this one out for awhile, and see what happens. 

Its heavy bob, more than the dc6 for sure

Juan Ramos

4 minutes ago, xender said:

What are you referring to, the performance load?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Gonna hold off. Price is good, but I just dropped money on PMDG, and until they get this SU 9 PG and FPS tanking issue fixed, I'm not buying another word not allowed thing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, xender said:

If you mean fps, it's better on my side than on the DC-6. I have a constant 30 fps VC, moving fast VC and outside

All the perf tweaks on their website I have done already, but if VR is not really enjoyable due to perf issues, I may hold off.  I read through 1,000 postings on their discord and perf issues are there, but esp in VR it seems.  Will hold off.  I am really happy with the 737 and the FBW.

Simon

5 minutes ago, bendead said:

If you mean fps, it's better on my side than on the DC-6. I have a constant 30 fps VC, moving fast VC and outside

Me too. I don't have the DC-6, but the Fenix is performing decently on my machine... not quite as good as the 737 but better than the FBW (dev) A320. 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Performance seems to be unite variable.  I’m getting smooth high 20’s low 30’s at payware airports and I’m currently at cruise getting 40 fps which is pretty close to normal for me with airliners.  

I haven’t figured out how to enable my onboard GPU so those numbers are using CPU to render the displays.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

21 minutes ago, bendead said:

No documentation included, so we will have to wait for tuto or start reading some FCOM and books, coming from the FBW a couple of thing, symbol on ND, MCDU menu, etc... are new to me. They really missed the mark there.

Agreed.  It is SO disappointing, especially for such an in-depth aircraft such as the Fenix.

I print out all manuals/tutorials from other sim aircraft and keep them in their own individual binders.

I did buy Mike Ray's A320 book a few years ago and we also have Chuck's A320 guide to lean on, however I was looking forward to Fenix specific documentation.  And metric tons of it.

• Like 1

This addon makes me have a bad memory of wasting $90 on an A320 that basically cut my X-Plane 11's FPS in half, dropping below 20. I did 3 flights and that was it. After I bought an A319 from another dev I never flew it again.

I confess that I'm afraid of this happening again, and again with an A320. But I'll pull the trigger and hope for the best. I'm sure I'll do every trick I can to squeeze every FPS into it.

41 minutes ago, JYW said:

Initial PIREP:

Performance

For me, with a modest i7-4790k 4.0Ghz and 1080Ti, performance is tough.  Very tough.

I appreciate that you've acknowledged this in your post, but you're running an 8-year old processor that gets handily beaten by a 2-generation old Intel i3. Any modern generation Core processor obliterates that i7.

If anything, I would suggest that getting 22fps on perhaps the most complex and detailed home simulator aircraft of all time on a frankly obsolete (sorry!) CPU is reasonably impressive!

I do of course realise that we can't all have brand new hardware (I certainly don't).

• Like 2

Wow that was one of the fastest purchase I ever made - thought server would be hammered - thanks to OP for heads up

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 2

Rich Sennett

thanks to Fenix for a seamless purchase & installation process - very easy,

great value for money,

& good initial performance on tuned 9700K with 2080Ti machine at 4K...

also, looking forward to IAE engine option & Australian liveries…

Edited by craigeaglefire

Saw some pics in the discord. The Nose modeling is terrible. What a letdown in that regard. 

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

2 minutes ago, Arklight1 said:

Saw some pics in the discord. The Nose modeling is terrible. What a letdown in that regard. 

Huh?

• Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda