Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX A320 RELEASED!

Initial thoughts:

Disappointed in the performance. After the butter smoothness that the 737 and almost to the same extent the md82 gave the vast majority of us, to have this launch with significantly worse fps across the board feels like a big let down. Feels like going backwards to P3D and Xplane launches where we used different graphics settings for different planes to claw performance back. Bad on Fenix for this.

Tablet is pretty cool though. Props to them for this.

purchase and validation extremely easy. Once again Kudos to them for this as well.

• Like 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

5 hours ago, rjack1282 said:

Do you mind sharing it here? I hate Discord. 

https://www.simbrief.com/system/dispatch.php?sharefleet=21663_1652685144312

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

The bad performance reports seem a bit mystifying.  All of the streams and YT videos I watched looked rather smooth with acceptable frame rates.

• Like 1

WOW now I'm in my element. Performance on my end is as normal. What a treat. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Huh?

From the pics I saw, it looks like the radome does not align properly with the fuselage body...so there is an edge that sticks out around the nose. I can take some pics when I am ingame and check it out. For as much work as the put into things like rotating brake fans, Im sort of surprised the nose looks that bad. I hope they fix it. 

Edited by Arklight1

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Just loaded it on runway cant get off the ground lol - brakes off but wont move 😞 

Rich Sennett

1 minute ago, Arklight1 said:

From the pics I saw, it looks like the radome does not align properly with the fuselage body...so there is an edge that sticks out around the nose. I can take some pics when I am ingame and check it out. For as much work as the put into things like rotating brake fans, Im sort of surprised the nose looks that bad. I hope they fix it. 

With the hours of Youtube videos that have been on all week,  looking at every rivet on that aircraft, I don't understand why some are saying the nose doesn't look good????

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

With the hours of Youtube videos that have been on all week,  looking at every rivet on that aircraft, I don't understand why some are saying the nose doesn't look good????

The streams I saw focused on the cockpit/efb mainly. Not many spent time on the externals. Maybe thats why? lol

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Well, so far I have only seen one person be concerned with the nose. I do not have it yet but from the YouTube and pictures I have seen it looked pretty normal. It would be helpful to see pictures of what is seen to be wrong.

Dan Scott

I didnt notice poor performance but I have a couple of questions.

Is there a way to import simbrief flightplans? Looked through manual and couldnt find a way. If for example I create a FP from JFK to LAX then enter KJFKKLAX in company routes it doesnt find anything.

I did a full flight and during landing with reversers on I just slid off the runway sideways, barely any wind on toughdown only 2kts. Had little authority with rudder or even nose wheel it was nuts. Anyone else experience this?

Eric Thornton

8 minutes ago, Arklight1 said:

The streams I saw focused on the cockpit/efb mainly. Not many spent time on the externals. Maybe thats why? lol

I just saw two videos on the last two days where they panned all around the exterior of that aircraft, close up....Nose looks like the nose of an A 320...

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

That was in overcast conditions, not direct light or dim light.

How do you post pics here?

*EDIT* None of my pics upload and I have multiple showing this problem now.

Edited by Arklight1

Ark

1 hour ago, 2reds2whites said:

I appreciate that you've acknowledged this in your post, but you're running an 8-year old processor that gets handily beaten by a 2-generation old Intel i3. Any modern generation Core processor obliterates that i7.

If anything, I would suggest that getting 22fps on perhaps the most complex and detailed home simulator aircraft of all time on a frankly obsolete (sorry!) CPU is reasonably impressive!

I do of course realise that we can't all have brand new hardware (I certainly don't).

Ah, NO. 4790k is pretty much on-par performance-wise with my 6th gen 6700k. The 4790k was a great performer, especially for it's day, and it's kinda like a 1080ti, still a great piece of kit, just not up to some of the challenges in MSFS without judicious selection of settings. And a 1080ti blows my 1070 out of the water, but I still get pretty good performance with modest settings - runs the PMDG 737 and Aerosoft CRJ quite well - all better than in P3D v4.2.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

34 minutes ago, erict said:

I didnt notice poor performance but I have a couple of questions.

Is there a way to import simbrief flightplans? Looked through manual and couldnt find a way. If for example I create a FP from JFK to LAX then enter KJFKKLAX in company routes it doesnt find anything.

I did a full flight and during landing with reversers on I just slid off the runway sideways, barely any wind on toughdown only 2kts. Had little authority with rudder or even nose wheel it was nuts. Anyone else experience this?

Youre doing it the old school way. Use rhe EFB and go to the fenix icon. Then on the bottom, go to the my flight tab. There you will import your simbrief plan. Then you can use the FMGC to get the flight plan in by using the INIT REQUEST button on the init page.

• Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda