Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX A320 RELEASED!

Does anyone has problem with pushback?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

14 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Does anyone has problem with pushback?

Yeah I couldn’t get the tug to actually push me back. Brakes off, no chocks.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Anyone notice a drastic noticeable performance difference with activating on board graphics CPU option?

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Dang, back to the drawing board. I couldn't start the darn engines, did everything the same as with the FBW. LOL. I'm also struggling with calibrating reverse thrust on the bravo. YouTube here I come. 🤣
Other than my own shortcomings, this thing is pretty nice and it'll take me a bit to get comfy with it.

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, erict said:

I didnt notice poor performance but I have a couple of questions.

Is there a way to import simbrief flightplans? Looked through manual and couldnt find a way. If for example I create a FP from JFK to LAX then enter KJFKKLAX in company routes it doesnt find anything.

I did a full flight and during landing with reversers on I just slid off the runway sideways, barely any wind on toughdown only 2kts. Had little authority with rudder or even nose wheel it was nuts. Anyone else experience this?

Section 2.2 and 4.6 in the Fenix User guide in the EFB.

I had really bad performance for about the first 2 minutes after firing it up. I started looking at the manual and by the time I got back to looking around, everything was normal.

It was butter smooth leaving FT KBOS. So far, so good. No stuttering. All is well. I'm loving life.

10850K / 2080ti

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Is there a flood light overhead is very dark ?  - got it off the ground but have to wait for new yoke and throttle to be delivered to get setup properly - helps to reboot after install dah

Rich Sennett

1 hour ago, CaptainNick said:

Initial thoughts:

Disappointed in the performance. After the butter smoothness that the 737 and almost to the same extent the md82 gave the vast majority of us, to have this launch with significantly worse fps across the board feels like a big let down. Feels like going backwards to P3D and Xplane launches where we used different graphics settings for different planes to claw performance back. Bad on Fenix for this.

Tablet is pretty cool though. Props to them for this.

purchase and validation extremely easy. Once again Kudos to them for this as well.

What’s your hardware?

Anyone tried using Logitech throttle quadrant and FSUIPC for the reversers?

I usually set the detent below idle to throttle 1 decr etc…

id really rather not have to set it in the MSFS controller settings so I can keep it specific to the aircraft.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CaptainNick said:

Yeah I couldn’t get the tug to actually push me back. Brakes off, no chocks.

Yes same here. Tag was available first when I loaded plane and then become disabled 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Hard to gauge the condition of this a/c based on comments being made. It is either bad on performance and has many bugs, or it is the greatest add-on in the history of flight sims. 

Holding pattern. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

3 hours ago, JYW said:

It is all about the displays (PFD, ND, ECAM, etc); and thus the external Fenix module.

I agree with this.  My overall performance is very good (similar to PMDG 7337 and FBW) My issue is that my PFD/ND are running at what appears to be 1 FPS!! FBW and PMDG are smooth as silk. I have tried switching between CPU/GPU with no improvement.  Otherwise this aircraft is fantastic.... a few issues with clickspots but first flight was good aside from this PFD issue...

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Even though I will not be able to do a single flight for at least the next 7-10 days (RL workload) or even installing it (building a new rig in my rare free hours), I just bought the Fenix A320 - just because I feel this dev group has earned my support by it's excellent, unspectacular but effective PR and communication.

As a long time simmer (2024: 40 years) I've learned my lessons and to differentiate between the good, ugly and the rip-offs 😜. I'm pretty sure there will be a VERY bright future for Fenix and will continue to support these guys - as I support a lot of freeware devs through donations. 

So...thank you! 🙂 

Edited by MaGer1965
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Just completed my first flight into a windy Las Vegas and it went as smoothly as can be. I’m gonna love this airplane. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I’m getting some great performance in the Fenix A320. I run at 30 FPS in the 2020 graphics menu and by turning on the Integrated graphs for the displays, I get smooth performance. Flew around LAX at night with clouds and didn’t dip below 30. 

aaDcXCe.png

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Stunning.

(snip)

My FPS are locked at 31 and this is a hard hitting airport all Ultra setting never droped 1 fps below by locked tartget of 31.

All views set up. Now am going to have a late night and do a first flight.

Wonderful screenshot. What airport was that, fellow?