Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX A320 RELEASED!

3 minutes ago, CaptainNick said:

In my Sig...r7 5800x, 32gb ram, 2070s

Should be sufficient enough.

I think the aircraft did not need the cabin to be of that much detail? Hence some performance issues?

mike

Funny to see people with CPU's and/or GPU's that are like 3-4 generations back reporting performance issues. 

It's 2022 and time to update some of that hardware or restrict yourself to planes that are suitable for such old hardware. 

7 hours ago, Aamir said:

For those with i5s, i7s, i9s etc - you have integrated GPUs on your chips that are never utilized, and it's worth turning them on in the BIOS and using this to render your displays, it's a huge performance gain.

Alternatively, just switch it to your GPU. MSFS uses system resources differently across different systems, and you'll do better on FPS selecting a render method that suits your system better.

This is interesting. I've got an i9 12900k but can't see an option in the BIOS to enable onboard graphics. Wondering if they're therefore enabled by default. Anyone know, please?

Just got done with my first flight and dare I say I'm a little disappointed???.......  Maybe to much hype.  Frames were fine for me though.  My issues are below.

• No Manual or at least description of the options on the iPad or MCDU, The one included document was very basic.  I found myself wondering if I was missing settings.
  • TCAS doesnt work, Had a plane in front of me on arrival (prob about 5 mi) never showed up on my ND (Seems to be confirmed by some other posters in Discord)
  • It seems like those of us that want Idle - Toga throttle Axis with a button reverser are out of luck.  Not able currently to activate reversers (This is how I did it with every airplane in P3D, and PMDG 737 in MSFS).
  • PWS switch doesn't work even though its an Amber alert in the real airplane (I know they cant read the weather but the Weather Radar switches and TCAS switches work but dont do anything so its just weird.)  Seems weird for such an "systems oriented" airplane.

Flew the FSLabs a bunch in P3D, and maybe it doesnt have all the failure models and deep system redundancy of Fenix, but it sure seemed to provide a more in depth experience of a "normal" flight from A-B at this point.

• Like 1

Nick Running

Could someone please take a stab at it and tell me how they think my computer would handle the FENIX?

Thanks.

i7700K, 64GB ram, Z270, 1080Ti

Edited by Dreamflight767

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

22 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

I think the aircraft did not need the cabin to be of that much detail? Hence some performance issues?

mike

You can turn the cabin off if you wish to gain 2 fps

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

8 minutes ago, nrunning24 said:

• It seems like those of us that want Idle - Toga throttle Axis with a button reverser are out of luck.  Not able currently to activate reversers (This is how I did it with every airplane in P3D, and PMDG 737 in MSFS).
  •  

Did you try this?

http://fenixsim-19919629.hs-sites.com/knowledge/calibrating-your-honeycomb-bravo

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

4 hours ago, bendead said:

If you mean fps, it's better on my side than on the DC-6. I have a constant 30 fps VC, moving fast VC and outside

Not using VC but also smooth here. Have to stress what I said before: I am vsync‘ed at 30 and that gives me this smooth result. Across the whole platform, with any plane or scenery.  I would bet that many complaining about bad fps are these fps hunters, looking for 50 fps and more even though they are not necessarily needed. I never turn fps rate on. If it feels smooth then all good. Note that this shall not start another discussion why fps > 50 are so important. There is/was another thread for that. All I say is try it with even „just“ 30fps and it still runs smooth. See my sig below for my specs. 

• Like 6

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

25 minutes ago, sim4good said:

Funny to see people with CPU's and/or GPU's that are like 3-4 generations back reporting performance issues. 

It's 2022 and time to update some of that hardware or restrict yourself to planes that are suitable for such old hardware. 

I’ve read through 15 pages of new posts from last night, and your post is, in lack of a better word, rude and completely unnecessary. Have it every crossed your mind that some people have 4 or more yrs old hardware because they can’t afford newer one? 

Edited by Johnny19
  • Like 16
  • Upvote 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

2 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

I’ve read through 15 pages of new posts from last night, and your post is, in lack of a better word, rude and completely unnecessary. Have it every crossed your mind that some people have old hardware because they can’t afford newer one? 

Johnny19, You beat me to it. I had just completed a piece very similar to yours but wiped. it. You are dead right/.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, sim4good said:

Ouch. Rude. I run good hardware and there's still issues. Having older hardware doesn't mean it's not good or reliable, in case you've forgotten how technology works. You know the 747 still runs on floppy disks, right? Yeah.... I run an RTX 2060S, i7-9700k @ 4.9 GHZ, 32 Gb ram at 3200 MHZ, and run SSDs and this plane is still tanking my FPS from mid high 40s mid 50s to 20s.

Wild question, for those with KS CPUs that don’t have onboard GPU, doesn’t make sense to get a second cheap GPU to offload the displays rendering? 🤔

Edited by omarsmak30

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

In the Fenix setup (external to the sim) if I select: GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 TI, my installed GPU,

I get an indication in RED saying "GPU rendering is not recommended for single GPU system."  Any clue what this means ??