Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX A320 RELEASED!

6 hours ago, DaWu said:

So after playing around with settings etc I am thinking about a refund. Performance is abnormal in VR. Unflyable. And I am talking about small airports with zero ai. Pmdg and fbw are fine. 

I had my first flight in VR. Works great and with payware airports. FlyTampa CYYZ to FlyTampa KBOS.    The very first time I engaged VR it was very studdery, even when I moved my head slightly, but once I rebooted everything, It was just a smooth as PMDG and FBW for me

Edited by rickjake
  • Like 2

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

2 hours ago, RobJC said:

Hard to gauge the condition of this a/c based on comments being made. It is either bad on performance and has many bugs, or it is the greatest add-on in the history of flight sims. 

Holding pattern. 

Exactly my thoughts. I let it settle a bit. Well I more or less have to, because of PayPal not being an option at the moment. It's nice to hear we have at least a considerable amount of happy customers. It's not all bad.

I'm not sure their discord is of any use at all, at the moment. It keeps being a real mess, imho. The same questions every few minutes. I think a proper forum would help here, or at least a more structured discord with more threads, like FBW for example.

But it's finally out. Congrats Fenix!

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

1 hour ago, nrunning24 said:

Just got done with my first flight and dare I say I'm a little disappointed???.......  Maybe to much hype.  Frames were fine for me though.  My issues are below.

• No Manual or at least description of the options on the iPad or MCDU, The one included document was very basic.  I found myself wondering if I was missing settings.
  • TCAS doesnt work, Had a plane in front of me on arrival (prob about 5 mi) never showed up on my ND (Seems to be confirmed by some other posters in Discord)
  • It seems like those of us that want Idle - Toga throttle Axis with a button reverser are out of luck.  Not able currently to activate reversers (This is how I did it with every airplane in P3D, and PMDG 737 in MSFS).
  • PWS switch doesn't work even though its an Amber alert in the real airplane (I know they cant read the weather but the Weather Radar switches and TCAS switches work but dont do anything so its just weird.)  Seems weird for such an "systems oriented" airplane.

Flew the FSLabs a bunch in P3D, and maybe it doesnt have all the failure models and deep system redundancy of Fenix, but it sure seemed to provide a more in depth experience of a "normal" flight from A-B at this point.

Maybe you need to guage your expectations. Reverses work fine if you calibrate them properly, my PC specs are shown below and have no issue with fps, infact the Fenix is not much different to either the PMDG 737 or FBW. Maybe take some time configuring it properly, ie have you tried the diferent settings for allowing your GPU or onboard graphics taking care of the glass panel rendering?

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Unfortunately, with no refunds policy and very mixed reviews on performance, i will hold off getting it. 😞 

Roi Ben

Just benchmarked my system in the Fenix. This was in the air flying KRNO - KPHX at 4K resolution. Not to bad...

19-05-2022, 23:16:59 FlightSimulator.exe benchmark completed, 1504 frames rendered in 31.953 s
                     Average framerate  :   47.0 FPS
                     Minimum framerate  :   42.9 FPS
                     Maximum framerate  :   49.0 FPS
                     1% low framerate   :   38.4 FPS
                     0.1% low framerate :   24.4 FPS

• Like 3

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

1 hour ago, Johnny19 said:

I’ve read through 15 pages of new posts from last night, and your post is, in lack of a better word, rude and completely unnecessary. Have it every crossed your mind that some people have 4 or more yrs old hardware because they can’t afford newer one? 

It's OK to have older hardware, but if you do you should be reasonable in your expectations. 

• Like 7

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

The performance part is going to be subjective. Some people are very content to have 20-30fps. Some aren't. I am in the latter camp. If I was in the former it would be a non event. Not sure how I feel about this one. While the EFB is fantastic. So many little features on it. Guess Im spoiled by the fps performance of the maddog and especially the 737. Im not a huge bus fan. Spent about 30 minutes going through the Chucks guide to get me off the ground on my first real decent haul flight (planned 2 hours). Engine sounds need some love. It may even be real...but the droning on repeat in the cockpit is annoying. Seems to fly well and do the fms things you want it to do though. Not upset I bought it, but probably wont be my main narrow body tubeliner.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Anyone figured out how to calibrate the reversers for the bravo quadrant?

10 minutes ago, CaptainNick said:

Im not a huge bus fan

Hehe, I guess this is an important remark. It's still an Airbus, so if one does not like Airbus very much, even a perfect Airbus addon won't change that.

Some years ago I preferred Boeing 737 over Airbus, because I liked the more classic approach of the autopilot, was sceptic about everything FBW in the A320 ... They had their initial problems, too ... But after the quality issues Boeing had in recent years, I came to respect and even like the Airbus approach which feels at least very consistent overall.

Anyway, reading about the performance problems I guess I will have to pass on the Fenix. I noticed my CPU is also below specs (i5-5500 but needed is i5-7500). 

Edited by MarioDonick
  • Like 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

1 hour ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

This is interesting. I've got an i9 12900k but can't see an option in the BIOS to enable onboard graphics. Wondering if they're therefore enabled by default. Anyone know, please?

Looks like it isn't currently possible to turn on integrated graphics on the ASUS Z690 series of boards if there's a GPU installed. The option simply disappears from the BIOS, according to various searches. Harumph.

First impressions: Exceptional! 👌

From the stunning graphics, to the in-depth systems, the excellent sounds and the very intuitive and user-friendly EFB, this one’s a winner. Easily my new favorite aircraft. Everything I was hoping for and more.

However, I was unlucky to struggle with CTDs initially. Think I must have tried EIDW to EGPH 5 times unsuccessfully. I turned HAGS off, set display rendering from CPU to GPU, turned TLOD down to 200 and locked FPS to 30. After that a successful flight. Performance is good - FPS remained at 30 for the entire flight, and I didn’t notice any stutters. 

I don’t think I’ve ever had so much fun in a flight sim before! Looking forward to MANY flights in this bird 😁 Thanks to Fenix for bringing this to us!

EDIT: have to mention that I think support is excellent so far. Been following the discord, which already has a lot of useful tips, neatly organized into starting guide, common issues, FAQ and so on. I also got a reply to a support ticket re: a sound issue I have. 

And to finish off, I’ll mention that the purchase, download and installation process was surprisingly easy and went without any hiccups.

mm28Ldn.jpg

K5qD7d6.jpg

YeD3Jwm.jpg

Fc9oSIF.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 12

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I’m having excellent performance in vr so far. Selected the option to have the displays ran by the gpu and even with high settings in vr the aircraft is performing quite well, and smooth. 

I have a very powerful computer and I understand this makes a big difference however I’m seeing better performance in vr than with the FBW bus so far. 

• Like 1

My impression is that this product has been over hyped and I regret buying it impulsively as the performance is disappointing.

The only thing impressive in this product is the core simulation of the plane, which is just Prosim running on the background. What they did on top of that (sounds, graphics, EFB etc.) is not that impressive. So I would rate a 5/5 to the Prosim product and 2.5/5 for Fenix.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beagle12 said:

In the Fenix setup (external to the sim) if I select: GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 TI, my installed GPU,

I get an indication in RED saying "GPU rendering is not recommended for single GPU system."  Any clue what this means ??

Ignore it. It‘s not dangerous or anything. No idea why they thought CPU is the better option in a CPU-limited-sim.

• Like 1