Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX A320 RELEASED!

little heavier than 737 and maddog but runs well, very nice.  as VR user, the default eye position is too high (adjust camera.cfg to bring it down a bit, eyepoint = 43.92074, -1.623061, 3.5755627 ) and seats in vc are placed in the 'super high' position so looks odd looking down at them in VR.

this is like flying the old fsl buses in a sim that looks 100x better with 10x smoother gfx. 

a definite winner.  

• Like 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

10 minutes ago, cepact said:

My impression is that this product has been over hyped and I regret buying it impulsively as the performance is disappointing.

Check the CUSTOMER SUPPORT AREA on their discord, there are a number of things to try out listed.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Could someone who has this bird post the CPU power draw please. I'm curious about how heavy it is.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

Fenix delivered what they promised. Systems depth is groundbreaking, the EFB is very nice, graphics are very good (the VC is not as good the FBW one because of those incorrect fonts and some problem with the button panel lighting, but the external model is lightyears ahead of the one of FBW, which was already very good), sounds are good, and the performance is good considering this product has probably about TWICE the amount of systems depth that the 737 has - that‘s a lot of CPU calculating. And then the price… for me this is the best money-for-quality product in flight sim history. By a large margin.

As for performance problems make sure to use the settings in the FenixApp, this can easily give you 50% more frames, if you are CPU-limited. You can change those in-game and see all changes live. Also make sure you are not using full models for AI traffic, otherwise a lot of AI traffic will be loaded with the full Fenix model… that‘s like running 20 Fenixes simultaneously, of course your FPS will be dead. Use generic models or AIG or anything else for AI traffic.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DJJose said:

A special airplane deserves its own forum. 😀

@Ray Proudfoot Can we please make this happen?

I can’t see that happening. No current aircraft in any of the 3 sims has its own dedicated subforum. 

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, kdfw__ said:

little heavier than 737 and maddog but runs well, very nice.  as VR user, the default eye position is too high (adjust camera.cfg to bring it down a bit, eyepoint = 43.92074, -1.623061, 3.5755627 ) and seats in vc are placed in the 'super high' position so looks odd looking down at them in VR.

this is like flying the old fsl buses in a sim that looks 100x better with 10x smoother gfx. 

a definite winner.  

You can change default cockpit position with CTRL + F10. Move your view as you like and hit CTRL + F10, will be saved as new default.

So far so good, glad i have ton of experience from the Buses in P3D. One issue I noticed, default pushback is sloooooow, 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

1 minute ago, JSmith2112 said:

Could someone who has this bird post the CPU power draw please. I'm curious about how heavy it is.

I have a 5800X3D CPU and pulling 85 watts. This is CPU Package Power in HWiNFO64

• Like 1

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

46 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Anyone figured out how to calibrate the reversers for the bravo quadrant?

For the moment I have the left reverser switch mapped to the standard Reverse Thrust Hold command - seems to work OKish but not idea.

• Like 1

I am noticing a lot of the problems and disappointments are from people that have either never flown an Airbus before, or had not configured the Fenix using the options provided in the external application. For me with a 7700K, 32GB RAM and a GTX1080Ti (running at 3440 X 1440), it makes a huge difference to switch the glass cockpit to the integrated graphics. I will do an A - B - A test shortly to get exact numbers and also compare to FBW experimental.

Also make sure you give it a bit of time to initialize after loading, and please do a reboot after installation and first run! Does anyone remember FSL A320 and how much of a performance hog it was? This has more features and runs ten times better! That is what you compare against, not the 737 that has less than half of the systems running in the background. And finally, give it time, this is the FIRST release and Fenix has already shown amazing resilience for the first 24 hours without any purchasing and installation issues. There's all sorts of optimizations and additions coming in the next few weeks.

Edited by Makinen11
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JSmith2112 said:

spacer.png

• Like 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

13 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Fenix delivered what they promised. Systems depth is groundbreaking, the EFB is very nice, graphics are very good (the VC is not as good the FBW one because of those incorrect fonts and some problem with the button panel lighting, but the external model is lightyears ahead of the one of FBW, which was already very good), sounds are good, and the performance is good considering this product has probably about TWICE the amount of systems depth that the 737 has - that‘s a lot of CPU calculating. And then the price… for me this is the best money-for-quality product in flight sim history. By a large margin.

As for performance problems make sure to use the settings in the FenixApp, this can easily give you 50% more frames, if you are CPU-limited. You can change those in-game and see all changes live. Also make sure you are not using full models for AI traffic, otherwise a lot of AI traffic will be loaded with the full Fenix model… that‘s like running 20 Fenixes simultaneously, of course your FPS will be dead. Use generic models or AIG or anything else for AI traffic.

So how’s it comparing to FSLabs? (I am not at home and I will be back on Monday, thus I am asking 😞)

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 minute ago, Makinen11 said:

I am noticing a lot of the problems and disappointments are from people that have either never flown an Airbus before, or had not configured the Fenix using the options provided in the external application. For me with a 7700K, 32GB RAM and a GTX1080Ti (running at 3440 X 1440), it makes a huge difference to switch the glass cockpit to the integrated graphics. I will do an A - B - A test shortly to get exact numbers and also compare to FBW experimental.

Yes. I would advise to approach the "RENDER DISPLAYS ON" setting with open mind and try what works best for your system. Personally I thought it would be a no brainer to use GPU as much as possible so I switched the setting to GPU. Luckily I did a benchmark and found out that it's actually my CPU which gives a better performance. I've also now enabled the integrated graphics card and testing that as well.

6 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

So how’s it comparing to FSLabs? (I am not at home and I will be back on Monday, thus I am asking 😞)

As one who owns now both, uhm, it's an Airbus right, it's the same feeling but again a new one at the same time. Could be the different sim environment.

Sounds are different, that's for sure. If I am correct, Fenix uses a different font for the text on the displays. EFB from Fenix is really nice and intuitive. Sun vizors for the windshield now do they job, and are actually really nicely done, but because of the EFB you can't pull up the sun screen on the front side windows 🙂 

Edited by Johnny19
  • Like 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

1 minute ago, CaptainNick said:

spacer.png

I want to add to this.

I asked if the 4 Fenix apps running would be better taken off the main core/thread the sim users and was told it sorts all that out itself.

Well it does NOT. MSFS for me hammers my last core/thread, CPU 19 for me in task manager.

I open task manager and right click on the app Fenix Displays and CPU 0-9 was turned OFF, but thats totaly wrong as its thinking core 0 -1 would be the main hit CPU's that msfs users and I am sure for a lot of you they are.

I set 10-19 OFF and turned back on 0-9. 😉🙂I hit 50 FPS at the addon airport EGBB. Only a fast test but I dont want Fenix Displays using my MSFS main core it loves using.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip