Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX A320 RELEASED!

Can someone tell me how to increase the sim rate?

The usual MSFS sim rate commands don't seem to work. On Discord, someone said there's a sim rate option in the MCDU, but I wasn't able to find it.

Apologies if this has been asked before - I did a search but that didn't turn anything up. 

16 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Anyone running the fenix on a i9 9900k not oc  with a 3080ti not oc 32gb ram  not oc at 3600mhz with a 2k monitor? hows performance? Thanks mike

2K is 1080p, but anyway.... these kinda performance questions do make me laugh then they come from people running an almost state-of-the-art system! I bet you're getting over 60 fps at the moment in most MFS situations?

I am getting 30 fps Vsync with quite high settings at 1440p, with an i5 and a GTX980! You will be absolutely fine unless you're needing 60 fps+ in VR.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

5 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

Can someone tell me how to increase the sim rate?

I could well be wrong but I don't think you can increase the sim rate. At least I can't. There's too much going on outside of the sim.

23 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Anyone running the fenix on a i9 9900k not oc  with a 3080ti not oc 32gb ram  not oc at 3600mhz with a 2k monitor?

hows performance?

Thanks 

mike

I have the same CPU and a 1080ti (with a 3080 coming today).  So far, 20-27ish in the cockpit.  

i9 9900K at 4.9ghz, MSI RTX 3080, 32 G RAM, (3) 1TB SSD 

1 hour ago, bendead said:

Cheers 😉

By the way what is the best version of Bolzano, Asobo or BMW?

I haven’t really compared them. Using WU9 version for now, and it’s decent.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Anyone having problems starting Cold & Dark as default? I click set it as default, it asks, it switches to C&D but next time I fire it up, it's back in the default ready state. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 minute ago, Sethos said:

Anyone having problems starting Cold & Dark as default? I click set it as default, it asks, it switches to C&D but next time I fire it up, it's back in the default ready state. 

There's an issue with EFB settings being saved.  Fenix is aware of it and working on a fix.

• Upvote 2

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

2 minutes ago, cmorg said:

There's an issue with EFB settings being saved.  Fenix is aware of it and working on a fix.

Okay, I see. Appreciate the reply. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Anyone is getting blurry screens, PFD-ND-MCDU-ect... with quality set to balanced or performance?

7 hours ago, Farlis said:

They thought of everything, except proper documentation. 😉

Exactly. This really needs to be a top priority for them going forward. 

• Like 1

Okay, I have a dumb question: I am not a huge Airbus guy, but I have flown a fair amount in the Aerosoft A320. I generally don't have much time when I fly, so I always start on the runway at "ready to fly." I set up the FMC and then I roll. Should I expect there to be a significant learning curve to operate this aircraft (no failures, and I don't use autopilot as I always hand fly)? I am feeling a bit lazy these days, but the plane looks spectacular. Even though I won't use many of the advance features, I am dying to get this. What should a lazy guy such as myself expect?

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Also dumb question, if Fenix allow me to select my onboard GPU does that mean the onboard GPU is enabled? I'm not receiving any FPS gain so I'm wondering if it's just because the onboard GPU needs to be enabled first

Hi all, engine startup sounds are almost non-audible in the cockpit. As a matter of fact, only after 34-35%N1 that I hear the engines.

The usual suspects have been checked (headphone simulation etc)

Anyone else having this issue?

• Upvote 2

Stefan Ticusan

1 minute ago, dolbinau said:

Also dumb question, if Fenix allow me to select my onboard GPU does that mean the onboard GPU is enabled? I'm not receiving any FPS gain so I'm wondering if it's just because the onboard GPU needs to be enabled first

Yes. It won't appear in the devices list if not enabled. If you are CPU limited, you may want the GPU to do the processing of the screens (note this is a minority case)

3 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

OkI have flown a fair amount in the Aerosoft A320. I generally don't have much time when I fly, so I always start on the runway at "ready to fly." I set up the FMC and then I roll. Should I expect there to be a significant learning curve to operate this aircraft (no failures, and I don't use autopilot as I always hand fly)?

Don't think so, it's still an Airbus all said and done. Although for your use case I think the FBW is more than sufficient, although the Fenix will look better and sound nicer.

• Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 minute ago, ckyliu said:

Yes. It won't appear in the devices list if not enabled. If you are CPU limited, you may want the GPU to do the processing of the screens (note this is a minority case)

Don't think so, it's still an Airbus all said and done. Although for your use case I think the FBW is more than sufficient, although the Fenix will look better and sound nicer.

I am a succor for a new toy, and this one sure looks pretty!

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot