Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX A320 RELEASED!

4 hours ago, bendead said:

I am doing zero fuel weight + fuel predicted at destination, not sure it's the right way to do it

Not sure if others have answered this as I'm 7 pages behind on this thread... But I've been using either the LW from the Simbrief OFP or the GW value from the MCDU. ZFW + predicted fuel sounds more accurate though. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

So I'm cruising right now, and I hear "TRAFFIC - TRAFFIC". I'm looking out the window to see who I'm overtaking at FL350, and the RA blares "DESCEND. DESCEND." Before I even start turning knobs the AutoPilot descends down out the red V/S bars and into the green descent rate path, clears the conflict, then climbs back up to cruise. I could've stayed on the other side of my office! I love this aircraft!!

Another neat thing I found is that ops will change your weight / pax count / etc at the last second (on my first - and current - flight they added another passenger and some cargo) and you really have to comb the final load sheet and re-adjust your numbers.

My PC is overpowered and so performance is smooth VSYNC 30 with no stutters. I'm definitely in group "Couldn't be happier" right now.

• Like 7

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I suspect Fenix waited for PMDG release so that they can put a shadow on their release. Nobody talks about PMDG anymore. Good move.

2 minutes ago, cepact said:

I suspect Fenix waited for PMDG release so that they can put a shadow on their release. Nobody talks about PMDG anymore. Good move.

Elected to kickoff.

8 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Yes. It won't appear in the devices list if not enabled. If you are CPU limited, you may want the GPU to do the processing of the screens (note this is a minority case)

Don't think so, it's still an Airbus all said and done. Although for your use case I think the FBW is more than sufficient, although the Fenix will look better and sound nicer.

Thanks, interestingly mine is CPU limited rather than GPU. Might offload to GPU - seems to give a couple extra FPU but nothing major. (I do have a 10GB RTX 3080)

8 hours ago, Johnny19 said:

As one who owns now both, uhm, it's an Airbus right, it's the same feeling but again a new one at the same time. Could be the different sim environment.

Sounds are different, that's for sure. If I am correct, Fenix uses a different font for the text on the displays. EFB from Fenix is really nice and intuitive. Sun vizors for the windshield now do they job, and are actually really nicely done, but because of the EFB you can't pull up the sun screen on the front side windows 🙂 

You can. There's a click spot to remove the EFB, then you can pull up the visor. You can't have the EFB and the visor at the same time, that's all. 

The click spot is on the mic behind the side stick - click on it and the EFB will disappear. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Anyone having problems starting Cold & Dark as default? I click set it as default, it asks, it switches to C&D but next time I fire it up, it's back in the default ready state. 

Try and give it half a minute or so to shut everything down - that works for me now.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I also did some tweaking using Process Lasso. I limit MSFS to virtual cores 0-15 and the 4 Fenix programs to 16-19.

It might be worthwhile being a bit careful with this actually. After setting Lasso up like this and shutting down the sim, it would not start up. It kept CTDing on the initial loading screen. I reset the CPU affinity to "none" and it loaded with no issues. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

It might be worthwhile being a bit careful with this actually. After setting Lasso up like this and shutting down the sim, it would not start up. It kept CTDing on the initial loading screen. I reset the CPU affinity to "none" and it loaded with no issues. 

I tried Lasso some years ago with FSX, the result was severe stutters in my audio. Haven't touched it since. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

I could well be wrong but I don't think you can increase the sim rate. At least I can't. There's too much going on outside of the sim.

I am at least sure I saw a 2x setting somewhere buried in the MCDU settings. But didn’t try it myself yet

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 hour ago, flight_joke said:

Not true, I am watching amazon prime on my second monitor plugged in directly to the graphics port on the ASUS ROG Stryx Z690 (12700K) mainboard. MSFS is running on GTX1070 on 4k monitor.

So far I am very happy with the Fenix, fps capped at 30, no stutters.

It is true for me and others, alas. Just tried plugging an HDMI cable into the motherboard and... nothing. Delighted it's not affecting your particular set-up, though, and great to hear it's working well.

Edit: see here, for example: https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/qp1o4w/asus_prime_z690a_quirks_enable_integrated/

Edited by spacedyemeerkat

53 minutes ago, bendead said:

Anyone is getting blurry screens, PFD-ND-MCDU-ect... with quality set to balanced or performance?

Absolutely. A bit too blurry IMO. 

FenixSim Desktop App seems to stop responding. I did two flights in a row now the FenixSim Desktop App seems to stop working during a flight. My first indication is none of the MCDU keys will do anything. Knobs will turn but nothing changes with them. Also I can tell the Integrated GPU shows zero activity. Only way to recover is to restart the FenixSim App in flight. During one flight I was straight and level when the ADI's looked like they turned off and just spun slowly. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, ckyliu said:

2K is 1080p, but anyway.... these kinda performance questions do make me laugh then they come from people running an almost state-of-the-art system! I bet you're getting over 60 fps at the moment in most MFS situations?

I am getting 30 fps Vsync with quite high settings at 1440p, with an i5 and a GTX980! You will be absolutely fine unless you're needing 60 fps+ in VR.

Sorry meant to write 1440p 

perfect!

thanks 

mike

48 minutes ago, WestAir said:

So I'm cruising right now, and I hear "TRAFFIC - TRAFFIC". I'm looking out the window to see who I'm overtaking at FL350, and the RA blares "DESCEND. DESCEND." Before I even start turning knobs the AutoPilot descends down out the red V/S bars and into the green descent rate path, clears the conflict, then climbs back up to cruise. I could've stayed on the other side of my office! I love this aircraft!!

Another neat thing I found is that ops will change your weight / pax count / etc at the last second (on my first - and current - flight they added another passenger and some cargo) and you really have to comb the final load sheet and re-adjust your numbers.

My PC is overpowered and so performance is smooth VSYNC 30 with no stutters. I'm definitely in group "Couldn't be happier" right now.

The Auto-TCAS is cool, but if you were to disable it (which you can and is generally the standard - it’s typically only fitted to later models), then an RA is flown manually as the autopilot modes aren’t quick enough. 

A/P off, flight directors off and fly the guidance! You leave the auto thrust on so it gives you the ‘speed’ FMA. 

Edited by 2reds2whites
  • Upvote 1