Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FENIX A320 RELEASED!

11 hours ago, xenonsk said:

Mine is under Advanced =>System agent configuration=>Graphics configuration. (Asus maximus hero xii)

Thank you that did the trick.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Love this bird great performance (not a single stutter and smooth) and a wonderful test flight 😇

So many little details to discover 🙂

• Like 4

André

Ugh! I broke down and decided to buy a new computer to run the Fenix. My aging computer would probably not have been up to the task of running this add-on. Waiting for Fenix to accept Paypal before purchasing the A320.

• Like 3

Into The Blue Simulations finally dropped his review of the Fenix A320, also an IRL airbus pilot:

Starts off with: "The rate of change within MSFS has been rather dramatic with ever improving aircraft coming almost daily, the Fenix A320 is certainly no exception, it is a complete masterpiece... To be frank, with the level of quality of its systems, flight model, modelling/texturing of cockpit, Fenix could've modelled an actual bus for the external 3D model and it would still be worth picking up ..." <--- LOL

Ends with (https://youtu.be/x-j-JvXglDo?t=4085) : "Thoroughly impressed with everything ... not much negative to say, long list of positives ... modelling/texturing one of absolute best ever in any sim ... sounds really top notch in cockpit ambience and engine sounds ... flight model is hands down the best airbus experience I've ever had in any sim, small negative where auto thrust came on too quickly at times, pretty amazing overall and very true to life ... systems modelling top of the class"

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 9

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, odourboy said:

I used reverse thrust and just backed myself out. Screw the ground crew! Bwah-ah-ah! 

I had engines running when I tried to push back. Don't know if that's a factor. 

This has nothing to do with the Fenix, but it's interesting to me, because, the one time ever I flew in an A320, we started the engines on-stand before pushback, because the APU was INOP.

• Upvote 1

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

Just laughing at the different approach to loading screen tips as I fire up the Fenix at EBBR now...

PMDG (serious voice now):

"PMDG aircraft are known for the depth of their systems simulation." 

Fenix:

"Many people think that the Wright brothers were the first to fly, but birds and dinosaurs beat them to it".

"The wings of the aircraft play an important role in creating lift".

"The first time you load this aircraft, it may take exactly as long as the other times you load it."

Lol, I think I like it.

• Like 13

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I also li

5 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Just laughing at the different approach to loading screen tips as I fire up the Fenix at EBBR now...

PMDG (serious voice now):

"PMDG aircraft are known for the depth of their systems simulation." 

Fenix:

"Many people think that the Wright brothers were the first to fly, but birds and dinosaurs beat them to it".

"The wings of the aircraft play an important role in creating lift".

"The first time you load this aircraft, it may take exactly as long as the other times you load it."

Lol, I think I like it.

I also liked the message about the bug in the message system that causes the text to break off in the middle of t

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

I also li

I also liked the message about the bug in the message system that causes the text to break off in the middle of t

That and the one about over 1000 people a day fly on planes

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

3 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

I did see that, but that's the opposite of what I'm trying to do (unless it also disengages, and we just don't know it).

Counterintuitive,  but that's the one. Try it!

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Yaaaaaawwwwnnnnn...an Airbus:  they fly YOU.

spacer.png

On my third flight and loving it so far.  The only things I can say I’d really like to see are V-speed and other take off call-outs from a virtual co pilot and to be able to use accelerated time, even if just x2.

Overall though it’s awesome and I’m excited to see where it goes next in it’s development.

Side note I did activate my onboard GPU and assigned the rendering of displays to that and it seems to have gained my 5 fps or so.  With that, this aircraft is firmly in the same range as other detailed airliners for me.  Even more important than FPS it’s just smooth.

• Like 5

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Just over on discord and I see a few references to time acceleration through the MCDU…I haven’t been able to find it there, has anyone else?

Dave

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Just over on discord and I see a few references to time acceleration through the MCDU…I haven’t been able to find it there, has anyone else?

I don’t think it’s in the build we have and it was removed. Maybe it’s a feature that wasn’t fully working as intended as of yet. 

• Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

Yaaaaaawwwwnnnnn...an Airbus:  they fly YOU.

What aircraft ever made in history that does not do that. We are not birds.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Makinen11 said:

24 hours since release and they already have a patch ready, for something that already had the best release I can remember for a high detail FS add-on... 

Fenix, I really hope you guys broke the record for first day sales because you deserve it. Keep it coming I say! 

By the way, if you haven't flown this bird and you're just waiting watching videos and screenshots, you're missing out. Not because of the sounds and visual immersion, but because of the way it flies when you take the a/p off on the approach. I have never felt I was flying a real heavy plane rocked so realistically by the wind, while the fly by wire was lifting the spoilers left and right just for a moment to correct the course as much as it could. It felt as if I was there and I could feel the heft and the wind as it was rocking me away from the centreline, ever so slightly needing small inputs on the stick. This was probably the most satisfying landing I have had in all of my years in flight simulation (since 1998)...

Great feedback. So much so it convinced me to click buy!