Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Blurries: Are there settings more aggressive than this?

I've done all the tweaking I can and so far the blurries have not been affected, and I have not even seen a noticeable improvement, despite losing a lot of the performance boost from SP1.Here is what I am using right now, but it seems to me most of these settings are not directly effecting how agressive the sim is in loading texures, so I am wondering if I should be doing something different?TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=27FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=1.0MipBias=8SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=90I also tried 20 mile visibility and not only did it wash out my pretty colors (I always fly with "fair" weather), but it also did nothing to improve the blurries. Previous to the settings above I was using these, and it stayed pegged at 27fps at all times, so it cannot be said I am using slider settings that are too high, especially when they are the same as my RTM settings which has no blurries at all.TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=240UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=27FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.4MipBias=6SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=90

>To get rid of blurries the only>solution for many of us has been to revert to RTM. That cures>it, just give it a try.lol yeah unfortunatly thats the only solution I have found. I'm done tweaking for now so I'm going back to RTM, which doesn't bother me as I get decent performance. I'm just afraid I will be forced to use SP1 in order to install the Xpack.

well...according to an ACES member on another thread - there are not enough documented cases of the blurries, and the appear to be hardware related or "personal setup" related. Im not sure this is true, I have joined the RTM club as of 2 days ago. I did EVERYTHING I could, and laughed most of the time, wondering if the regular average store buying customer even knows there is a config file to mess with. I can only imagine what their screen looks like. I tweaked them to the most minimal amount I could stand, and when I went back to the RTM, they were all GONE... So I dont know, I will just do my planned hardware upgrade, and kill this sucker will raw horsepower, avoiding SP1 until I see a breakthrough.Danon O.

lol....having to do with user setups...uhhh sorry, some have equal setups, and still have the problems....These are people with very stable stable setups, and still blurries after sp1!...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I think to eliminate most of the burries we would most likely need to increase the number of detail cells around the aircraft, and this would most likely affect the frame rate is a negative way. However, some users have very powerful computers so maybe they would be ok.We need a way to hack the limits on the sliders in FSX.