Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Fenix EFB

Anyone having issues getting into the EFB?  I am hovering/clicking on the fingerprint button and the apps will flash as though it is going to work then lock back up.  Also, I can't turn on the batteries or connect to external power in cold and dark.  I know it was just released but thought i'd see if anyone else has this issue

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

2 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Anyone having issues getting into the EFB?  I am hovering/clicking on the fingerprint button and the apps will flash as though it is going to work then lock back up.  Also, I can't turn on the batteries or connect to external power in cold and dark.  I know it was just released but thought i'd see if anyone else has this issue

Try exiting MSFS and reloading sim then aircraft. That worked for me. 

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

3 minutes ago, RudiJG1 said:

Try exiting MSFS and reloading sim then aircraft. That worked for me. 

Yep.. That seemed to work.  I loaded a different livery and different airport so that seemed to do it

• Like 2

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Looks like the Fenix App needs to be launched first before loading into MSFS. 

• Like 1

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

Yup, launch the Fenix app either before loading the sim, or i have found it can be done when your first into the aircraft. And it will all boot up.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Lol... there is a document written by some dude named Manuel or something like that in the documents folder. I'm pretty sure he mentioned that you needed to launch the app first.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Interestingly, I had the Fenix app running already when I first launched MSFS and loaded the A320 for the first time...but I had the initial issue with the EFB as I posted above. Only after a reboot of MSFS did the EFB work properly.

Since then, I don't have to launch the Fenix app at all; it is automatically launched when I load the A320, and all's well with the aircraft and its EFB.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

Yup, launch the Fenix app either before loading the sim, or i have found it can be done when your first into the aircraft. And it will all boot up.

Thanks for that.

About to try it.

I had the dead EFB & it was words not allowed, frustrating.

Ha!

Genius.

It works!😮

I think Fenix should stick that piece of advice in bold letters on the download page.

Could save a lot of p-d off flyers from getting p-d off.

T45

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RudiJG1 said:

Interestingly, I had the Fenix app running already when I first launched MSFS and loaded the A320 for the first time...but I had the initial issue with the EFB as I posted above. Only after a reboot of MSFS did the EFB work properly.

Since then, I don't have to launch the Fenix app at all; it is automatically launched when I load the A320, and all's well with the aircraft and its EFB.

This for me too.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

8 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

According to the FAQ on Discord, if you have power to the EFB but cannot log in, and you have no power to the aircraft, It maybe because the Fenix app was not launched with admin rights and the MSFS was.  I had the same issue, and one I launched both with admin rights, it worked. 

• Like 1

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

I'm obviously doing something wrong here, but I can't for the life of me get any power to the plane or gain access to the EFB.

I've tried everything in this topic (lauch app & sim with admin rights, reboot of sim) and all I get on the EFB is the Fenix Simulations logo. It's totally unresponsive. Also, no External Power available. 

Any help much appreciated !

I have a flat battery on both  EFB's loading the plane with default engines running with cables plugged in and low red battery. What to do?

Is the app required from desktop shortcut everytime? Isnt it just a set and forget? 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Gary & Michael - Did you launch the FenixSim A320 application before trying to fly it? You need to do that before you fly it the first time. 

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440