Sign in to follow this  
tfm

Fenix - help importing flightplan?

If you are attempting to uplink a FPLN whilst the engines are running, it will land in SEC FPLN - as is the scenario in the real aircraft. A "gotcha" to look out for.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Aamir Thacker

1 hour ago, Aamir said:

If you are attempting to uplink a FPLN whilst the engines are running, it will land in SEC FPLN - as is the scenario in the real aircraft. A "gotcha" to look out for.

Haha... that's awesome.  You and your team really did a nice job on this bird Aamir. And thank you for the exceptionally good pricing. You're going to sell a boatload of these things.

Best of luck to you and everyone involved!

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Anyone figure this out yet? How do we import the FP from simbrief into the mcdu?

Eric Thornton

3 hours ago, Aamir said:

I would buy you 500 beers if I could for a job well done, however, you really need an introduction manual that explains these things. The one in EFB is bare bones.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

6 hours ago, Aamir said:

Well that’s unrivalled fidelity - many thanks for the product, it looks amazing

- but I gotta say I wasted a lot of time with this strictly following the instructions you posted on Wednesday in another thread on here: you said specifically in para 3 that the steps would work “with engines running”.

- so I guess you could say your gotcha gotcha 😉 

here’s the post:

“Hi Bob,

The A320 can boil down to "ready to go" in around 10 steps if you discount flight planning. 

1. Plan your flight via SimBrief.

2. Load the aircraft on the runway of your choice.

3. It will load with engines running.

4. Look over to the EFB, hit the Fenix App, and import your SimBrief plan.

5. Click on weights and balance, hit import, then instant.

6. Look down at the MCDU - INIT - then INIT FPLN UPLINK - put in your planned cruise altitude and CI

7. Next page, input the weights and fuel you're using on your plan

8. Next page, over to the FPLN page, click your departure, and then simply select the runway and desired departure procedure (or just use none!)

9. Over to the PERF page, use the app in the EFB to get your numbers in 3 clicks, and stick em in the PERF page.

10. Set the flap as requested in the EFB, set the trim, hit the TO CONFIG button. Kick the bright and flashy bits on.

Hit the happy levers. 

It'll handle the entire departure for you, maintaining speeds, altitude constraints, the lot. All you need to do is set the altitude knob to your cruise level, and push once. She'll get there respecting all the required legalities.

(or you could fly all of that yourself, aided by the awesome fly by wire system - but either way, you've got the help if you want it!)

Yeah, the A320 is an incredibly complex airplane, and there's a lot of it available for you to dive into in the Fenix, if you want to - but one of the core characteristics of this airplane is it's sheer friendliness and usability, which is what the several dozen computers behind the scenes are working so hard for! 🙂

(Of course... there are quirks..)”

Edited by tfm

24 minutes ago, tfm said:

Well that’s unrivalled fidelity - many thanks for the product, it looks amazing

- but I gotta say I wasted a lot of time with this strictly following the instructions you posted on Wednesday in another thread on here: you said specifically in para 3 that the steps would work “with engines running”.

Well - it does load! It just goes to Flightplan2 instead of 1. 

Edited by anden145

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

26 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Well - it does load! It just goes to Flightplan2 instead of 1. 

Ok so … not a gotcha then? Can’t have it both ways 🙂 

delete post

Edited by RTK1972

Carsten U

1 hour ago, cchiozza said:

I cannot get the ZFW to load? Any help...

In the MCDU? You need to type it in, it doesn't auto-populate. Look at the numbers on the EFB (Mass and Balance page), and enter those into the MCDU

21 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

Right, I could not get it to take the numbers for some reason.

You need to enter it along with the ZFW-CG. Easiest place to find both is in the config page, then Fuel. There you will see he Fuel that has been loaded as a result of your imported flight plan as well as the ZFW and ZFW-CG. Finally enter them as indicated with the /. It will look something like this:

129.5/29.7

See if that works for you.

-B

• Like 1

Could someone please tell me where it stores pilot routes?

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

2 hours ago, btacon said:

You need to enter it along with the ZFW-CG. Easiest place to find both is in the config page, then Fuel. There you will see he Fuel that has been loaded as a result of your imported flight plan as well as the ZFW and ZFW-CG. Finally enter them as indicated with the /. It will look something like this:

129.5/29.7

See if that works for you.

-B

Hi i would assume "Easiest place to find both is in the config page, then Fuel" is in the flight plan created on simbrief site  I see ZFW but not ZFW-CG

Where is ZFW-CG located ? thanks much

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett