Sign in to follow this  
CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger

HJet Launch Trailer! At long last, it is upon us!

25 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Great to hear!, and for that price wow. Do you know if they're taking advantage of the aerodynamics and physics improvements introduced in SU8/SU9?

I believe so, yes, but don't quote me on that. I'm no modeler/programmer. Obviously not the propeller feature!

• Like 1

@CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger  Curious if you can discuss the sounds of the Hjet. From switch clicks, startup sounds, power increase/decrease, wheel touchdown, etc. Very interested of your experience with this beauty. 

11 minutes ago, NismoRR said:

@CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger  Curious if you can discuss the sounds of the Hjet. From switch clicks, startup sounds, power increase/decrease, wheel touchdown, etc. Very interested of your experience with this beauty. 

I'm literally the worst person to ask about that!!! I'm partially deaf (total loss in left ear, severe in right with a hearing aid).

But...I do hear enough that I enjoy music and can chat fine with people (albeit with difficulty at times).

So, I'll tell you what I can about sounds based on my experience as well as other testers. The sounds are very nicely done with a distinctive engine whine (particularly nice touch is that warbling after start-up). I do know that some of the sounds (engines, for one), were recorded straight from a real-life source.

If it helps others to be more confident about the fidelity and accuracy of this aircraft, a couple of testers are typed pilots.

Edited by CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger
grammar

As well as extending the WT G3000 with custom pages for the H-Jet, I believe he's also managed to include a custom VNAV as well (which the standard WT G3000 doesn't have). 

1 hour ago, 6297J said:

I can find very few shots of the cockpit. 

There's a ton on the Discord channel

https://discord.gg/FNzY6fP8

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

6 minutes ago, 6297J said:

Ah thanks. I'll wait for the traditional channels. They'll appear soon enough. 

I was actually looking for a VC pic that I took recently and didn't find any hehe...  Maybe I'll take one for you later today when I'm home 🙂

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, CLE_AA-5B_GrummanTiger said:

I'm literally the worst person to ask about that!!! I'm partially deaf (total loss in left ear, severe in right with a hearing aid).

But...I do hear enough that I enjoy music and can chat fine with people (albeit with difficulty at times).

So, I'll tell you what I can about sounds based on my experience as well as other testers. The sounds are very nicely done with a distinctive engine whine (particularly nice touch is that warbling after start-up). I do know that some of the sounds (engines, for one), were recorded straight from a real-life source.

If it helps others to be more confident about the fidelity and accuracy of this aircraft, a couple of testers are typed pilots.

Everything you’ve been saying today is getting me really excited for release. I’ve been going back and forth on the new twins, and which to pick up. Was looking for more speed/range so was leaning towards the 414, and you post the release video for the Hjet in a week and a half! Totally awesome 👏. Like DJJ I think said, I’m more pumped up for this then any of the Fenix/MD/737 stuff. Great to have a lot of superb options! And appreciate the info you and others are posting. 

So you expect a Marketplace release on 5/31. Do you know if it’s planned to be released on Orbx the same day? 

I may have cheated, but here is a shot of landing gear

https://imgur.com/a/DHwjv9k

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

2 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I was actually looking for a VC pic that I took recently and didn't find any hehe...  Maybe I'll take one for you later today when I'm home 🙂

Cockpit.jpg

unknown.png

And now I badly want a new Honeycomb yoke model, a Honeycomb Hjet yoke...

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 3

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

OMG we've been waiting on this one forever!!!!!!

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

2 hours ago, NismoRR said:

Everything you’ve been saying today is getting me really excited for release. I’ve been going back and forth on the new twins, and which to pick up. Was looking for more speed/range so was leaning towards the 414, and you post the release video for the Hjet in a week and a half! Totally awesome 👏. Like DJJ I think said, I’m more pumped up for this then any of the Fenix/MD/737 stuff. Great to have a lot of superb options! And appreciate the info you and others are posting. 

So you expect a Marketplace release on 5/31. Do you know if it’s planned to be released on Orbx the same day? 

AFAIK, Marketplace only, no Orbx or any other third-party resellers.

I will definitely be looking for reviews on this one. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro