On 5/24/2022 at 10:37 AM, roland_lfor said:

Impossible here as well to close the window.

Ticket is open at Fenis support

I don't think this is a bug. There is a small latch at the front of the lower window runner that needs to be selected then the window should close as per real world, hope this is of help.

Regards Roy

I know that the latch must comes out to be able to close the window.

The problem is when the latch is out, as soon as you try to slide the window with mouse, the latch comes down in lock position immediately.

Edited by roland_lfor

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Just looked on the Discord and it is a bug in VR only apparently.

As far as the eyepoint adjustment goes I have tried adjusting this in the cameras.cfg and it seems to make no difference.

I swapped over to the FBW A320 and the eyepoint is perfect, well at least for me. So until I can find out how to get the same eyepoint in the Fenix A320 I shall switch back to the FBW version.

Regards Roy

• Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 9:24 PM, Cyrex1984 said:

Anyone else not able to slide the window closed in vr? I can open it fine in vr but i have to exit vr to close it. 

Same here!

yes.. the the left window (don't know hte right one) cannot be closed in VR.

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

The next update will contain VR improvements. Very excited to see what they mean. Also it sounds like we now have our own VR enthusiast in the core Fenix team which can only mean good things for us!

Aamir:

Good afternoon @everyone, 

I’ve put together a quick update about what we’re working on to keep you all abreast of our internal status. It’s worth remembering that what I’m talking about is not by any means an exhaustive list, but it should cover some of the broader areas we’re currently working on.

For the next update:

1) VNAV vertical pathing math has been completely ripped out and replaced with a much more accurate set of algorithms - this was a hefty undertaking in the short space of time that it has been done in, but it has produced some fairly good initial results. The first run of this has entered some light testing, feedback has come through, and we are now on a “revision” cycle with this.

2) On the flight modeling side, we have rewritten the flap lift/drag area to provide better and more realistic results when decelerating the aircraft. Once again, this was a fair amount of work - and all areas of the flap lift/drag were reviewed and worked upon to improve the representation.

3) Rotation and immediate post-rotation behavior was reviewed and adjusted - this is also in a “revision” cycle, awaiting further testing. 

4) Engine thrust has been reviewed and adjusted in conjunction with the analysis on post-rotation behavior to find better SRS pitch targets.

5) We’ve overhauled large swathes of the soundscape following feedback from the customer base.

6) There have been a number of visual bug fixes.

7) VR improvements (Dave got a headset and won't stop talking about it)

😎 50+ system bug fixes, crash fixes, error fixes. 

We are also working on more substantial product updates such as the external engine model and optimisations to our display tech that will not arrive in the next patch owing to the amount of work required, but will be making its way to you as soon as the respective items are complete and tested properly. 

Finally a small company related update - having expanded the number of professional support staff on board, we have now also started to invest in hiring additional developers to work on not only the A320, but future projects! 

We’re looking forward to getting this update out to you as soon as it’s ready, and thank you for your patience.

• Like 4

It‘s just a very minor detail but still slightly annoying. I can open the cockpit window but I can‘t close it. It either moves a bit but won‘t close properly or it doesn‘t move at all. In pancake mode it works fine. Has anyone managed to close it in VR?

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

22 hours ago, roland_lfor said:

Did you read that thread?

I seems I haven‘t 😅 okay, my bad

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

On 7/7/2022 at 5:20 PM, Kopteeni said:

The next update will contain VR improvements. Very excited to see what they mean. Also it sounds like we now have our own VR enthusiast in the core Fenix team which can only mean good things for us!

7) VR improvements (Dave got a headset and won't stop talking about it)

More than a year and several updates later, I don’t think VR got any love... 😞 Really such a missed chance for an almost-perfect aircraft; it is rather difficult, and partly impossible, especially to operate it using touch controllers for e.g. FPU and quite a few buttons/levers like the gear lever, which don't work using touch controllers. So much hope there will be a little VR update sometime.

Lennard