Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Fenix and performance

4 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

Where is the setting for "game mode"? Is this somewhere in Windows settings? 

Easiest is to just hit windows key then search "game mode".

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I bit the bullet and bought the Fenix.. First flight was short out of KFLL. Couldn't get autopilot to engage, so I hand flew a circuit and landed on 10L.  Now I have to find out where the manual is hiding. OH, got around 30 FPS. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

29 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Easiest is to just hit windows key then search "game mode".

Thanks, I found it that way!

6 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

Sure, load up the BIOS then:

1. Navigate to Advanced tab.

2. Navigate to System Agent (SA) Configuration.

3. Navigate to Graphics Configuration.

4. Locate iGPU Multi-Monitor and set it to Enabled. 

Two questions (and I hope i don´t embarass myself): Did you speak of using multiple monitors with using this "Multi-Monitor"-setting, or is it working with only one monitor equally? And if enabled, does this affect other applications/games also? I don´t want other programs using the cpu without me knowing it, they shouldt run on the graphic card (GTX 2060 Super) alone.

I have an ASUS Prime Z490-P Board with a Intel 10700K (630 graphic).

14 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I bit the bullet and bought the Fenix.. First flight was short out of KFLL. Couldn't get autopilot to engage, so I hand flew a circuit and landed on 10L.  Now I have to find out where the manual is hiding. OH, got around 30 FPS. 

Generic A320 normal procedures doc, might be of help: https://www.theairlinepilots.com/forumarchive/a320/a320-normal-procedures.pdf

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

15 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Congratulations! You're going to have so much fun with that aircraft! Have a look at https://www.youtube.com/c/320SimPilot/featured?app=desktop tutorials for the Flybywire A320. I think most of it is still valid for the Fenix. It's how I got familiar with the "airbus way". 

Manual is in the Fenix folder (not the one in the MSFS community folder). Mine's this one: D:\Programs\FenixSim A320\docs

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Here are some screen shots of my 4 screen setup on old computer, description in footer. Only a 1070 and an i5 cpu.

Solid 30FPS even at payware airports.

This setup makes the Fenix a pure joy to fly.

281364688_8049433315082431_6661987995133

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

to be honest, i was waiting for this one like crazy but even having a pretty good rig the performance is ok but what annoys me is that flightplans are sometimes completely wrong imported.

Just tried a flight from LPPT to EGFF and it showed me EGFF where LPPT was. So crazy routing above LPPT as the MCDU thought that EGFF is right below it... 

No clue how to describe this...

Bloody mess for me...

Edited by RTK1972

Carsten U

Need to re-evaluate my opinion on performance. Departing Birmingham FPS randomly droped to mid teens, not sure why. Then coming in to LFPG it did the same, about 300 ft above the ground dropped to 6 FPS and pretty much stayed there until I'd shutdown on stand! I suspect AI traffic might be part of the cause, but all is not well. Or it could be the lighting at the airport, above 4000 ft I was getting 27 fps without issue.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 minute ago, ckyliu said:

Need to re-evaluate my opinon on performance. Departing Birmingham it randomly drop in to mid teens FPS, not sure why. Then coming in to LFPG it did the same, about 300 ft above the ground dropped to 6 FPS and pretty much stayed there until I'd shutdown on stand! I suspect AI traffic might be part of the cause, but all is not well.

Make sure your AI traffic is set to "Use Generic Plane Models". If you don't do that, you'll have 20+ Fenix Airbus's being spawned when you get close to an airport. 

19 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Need to re-evaluate my opinon on performance. Departing Birmingham it randomly drop in to mid teens FPS, not sure why. Then coming in to LFPG it did the same, about 300 ft above the ground dropped to 6 FPS and pretty much stayed there until I'd shutdown on stand! I suspect AI traffic might be part of the cause, but all is not well.

LFPG is just a traditional default flight sim (FSX,P3D,MSFS) performance hungry area, where you can always expect a hit, due to its proximity to surrounding airports loading and dense packed cityscape objects, until your start climbing out of the area where performance usually smoothens out once your system can offload so many 3d objects needing to be rendered.

Also you can totally disable the A320 or any specific addon aircraft from spawning as AI in the aircraft.cfg file with this command isAirTraffic=0

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

7 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Also you can totally disable the A320 or any specific addon aircraft from spawning as AI in the aircraft.cfg file with this command isAirTraffic=0

Just checked and the Fenix has this set by default. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roi1862 said:

Thank you very much ! 

Here you go. There is noticeable difference and also there is a slight difference in FPS. Not so much in smoothness, seems about the same. I don't fly with the stats on screen, just put them there for the screenshots 😛

This is the BALANCED one

spacer.png

This is the QUALITY one.

spacer.png

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I just followed a video on Nvidia settings because I reseted mine and completely forgot what it was.

Incredible smoothness, for those having trouble with the fenix, give it a try 😄

Edited by bendead
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Flic1 said:

The aircraft for me on a slightly lesser system is surprisingly smooth and I also get in the 30 FPS area.  BUT..the big issue I am having is the performance of the displays (PFD/ND).  I can have a very smooth overall experience but the displays are an absolute mess and appear to be running at 1-2 FPS...even 0 FPS at times. This is of course most apparent on climb out and descent when your altitude is changing.  You will not notice it sitting still on the ground. Unless I can find a solution ( I have tried all of the rendering options) the aircraft will likely be headed for the hangar as the FBW and PMDG have super-smooth display rendering.  

I'm having the same experience, in terms of FPS overall its not that bad but the display are clearly not smotth at all. i7 6700K and GTX 1060 6Gb