Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Fenix and performance

25 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Just checked and the Fenix has this set by default. 

You see Fenix A320 ai planes parked at airports?

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I guess it's not so much how fast CPU and GPU are, its more important how well the components are playing together.

First aircraft where my CPU is under harder stress then the GPU

But the load is evenly distributed an all cores

57 minutes ago, bendead said:

I just followed a video on Nvidia settings because I reseted mine and completely forgot what it was.

Incredible smoothness, for those having trouble with the fenix, give it a try 😄

The advice on monitor refresh rate could be useful. I'm using a 120Hz OLED TV. I set the refresh rate to 50Hz, V-Sync in MSFS and used RivaTuner to fine-tune the max FPS to 40fps. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

7 hours ago, Flic1 said:

I did change it to GPU on the fly while in-sim last night but still had terrible lag on the displays.  I will try GPU again along with Performance and see if that is better....I don't think I tried that combo.

Same for me....  I run a 5950X + 3090 OC 3440x1440 everything on ULTRA and had a big boost when switched to GPU rendering displays. 
Some people will even curse me from complaining about "37 FPS" on intense scenery but I've been really spoiled having over 60ish with anything else in the same cirumstances (PMDG and FBW included). Only I was celebrating too early with my 3090 giving the "turbo" for the Fenix... So I realized the displays were crazy laggy. Had to switch back to CPU. However, I noticed one thing: you don't get the display's choppiness when rendered by GPU (in my case) when running in windowed mode. Anytime I hit the Windows button, displays were smooth. Even when popping it up. As soon as you go to fullscreen, crazy lag. 

Edited by Fdm79

Ryzen 9 5950X - Corsair H150i Elite Capellix  / Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero  / 64 GB G. Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz CL16  / ASUS RoG Strix OC  RTX 3090/ M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 1Tb / M.2 NVMe 4.0 WD Black SN850 - 2Tb / SSD SATA Samsung EVO 850 - 2Tb  /  Corsair 5000D Airflow Case

Corsair HX1200 PSU / Monitor ASUS PG348Q Ultrawide Monitor / Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard + Razor Naga Pro Mouse /  Virpil WarBRD Base + Constellation Alpha-R Stick + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / Track IR 5 / Windows 10 Home 

Offshore Helicopter Sikorsky SK-76 C+/C++ and Airbus H225 CPT - ATPL (H) / PPL (A)

58 minutes ago, Bushido5 said:

I'm having the same experience, in terms of FPS overall its not that bad but the display are clearly not smotth at all. i7 6700K and GTX 1060 6Gb

Try setting the Render Displays to your GPU and setting the Display Quality to 'Performance' in the Fenix Configurator.  I just tried a short test flight and it seemed better than my flight last night as far as the display lag goes.  I am amazed at the overall smoothness of the plane though. My short test flight out of KDCA up to 10,000 and back around for an ILS landing and there wasn't a stutter to be found sitting right at 30 fps.  

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, blueshark747 said:

You see Fenix A320 ai planes parked at airports?

Uhm no. Just stated that the Fenix is by default set to not be used as AI…

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 minute ago, Fdm79 said:

However, I noticed one thing: you don't get the display choppiness when rendered by GPU (in my case) when running in windowed mode.

That is interesting.  I just posted above at the same time you did mentioning I was actually a bit better on my last test flight using GPU for rendering and 'Performance'.  

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Performance is terrible compared to every single other aircraft released so far. As someone who flies only in vr the fenix is a stutterfest. While I can land the fbw in Heathrow on a busy vatsim day I get fsx performance with the fenix on an empty local airport. Ridiculous. 3090 here. And jaja I tried all the things with modes and render options. The fenix is simply poorly coded 

Lukas Dalton

I cannot understand where you guys are getting performance issues. My specs are below, ok i'm on 1080p but it's silky smooth, Not one stutter in a complete 3hr flight, with AIG traffic injection, ATC Chatter, and addon airports at each end of the flight. Locked at 30fps

Edited by Car147
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

If you enable IGPU in Bios, make sure you install MS DCH IGPU driver, otherwise testing IGPU will be futile.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/80939/graphics.html#227960

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Changed to GPU rendering and "Balanced", and my fps went up from an average of ~30 to ~40. Much smoother now. 

CPU Usage went from ~65% to ~45%, GPU is at 92%. 

4K Ultra settings

5600x, 3080Ti, 32 GB RAM

Edited by FlyingGoose
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How much uglier is going to balanced in terms of graphics?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

How much uglier is going to balanced in terms of graphics?

The difference is miniscule. You have to zoom all the way in to see the a real difference. Performance mode is very visibly different. 

Balanced is a good "balance", I'd say. I am running at 4K Ultra so that helps keep things nice and sharp. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

The difference is miniscule. You have to zoom all the way in to see the a real difference. Performance mode is very visibly different. 

Balanced is a good "balance", I'd say. I am running at 4K Ultra so that helps keep things nice and sharp. 

I’ll give it a try also. Also 4k and ultra 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Just now, micstatic said:

I’ll give it a try also. Also 4k and ultra 

Yeah try it. Nice part is you can make the changes on the fly using the Fenix app, you don't need to reload the flight. Just play around and see what works best for you. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1