Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Fenix and performance

System specs in signature. No integrated GPU in here. Downgraded monitor to 60 Hz, FPS locked to 30 in MSFS. With displays in Performance, liveries in 4K, and using my GPU (has spare capacity) to drive my displays, I can keep the 30 FPS lock as long as I don't use AIG traffic at all. As soon as I move AIG traffic into the Community folder, CTDs every single time. I need to move all my AIG folders out of the Community folder if I wish to fly the Fenix. Luckily I have LVFR Static Traffic, which may help with immersion...but definitely there's a problem with my AIG AI installation at least (sorry, Kai).

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

On my system, specs listed in my signature, the Fenix A320 performs very well. Testing at EGLL and KJFK, on the ground, my frames are around 43-45 FPS. I have a G-Sync monitor running in 5120x1440 resolution with a mix of Ultra and High settings in sim. I do NOT use AIG traffic, but I do use Aerosoft Simple Traffic and REX Accuseasons. My traffic settings are set around 30% for traffic in flight, and on ground traffic at around 25%. My LOD settings are 200 for TLOD and 150 for Object LOD. My CPU is NOT overclocked, and is the first CPU in a long time that I have not overclocked in order to get better sim performance. But, with the 12900k, a 3080Ti and DDR5 RAM, I have not even had to think about overclocking my CPU. Since my Samsung G9 Odyssey display is G-Sync capable and also capable of running at 240Hz refresh rate, I do not lock my frames in either MSFS or in NVCP. What I do do in NVCP is have G-Sync Monitor technology enabled, and Preferred Refresh Rate set to Highest Available. Also, I am running the A320 with display rendering set to CPU, with Quality mode set and 4k textures for the liveries. I tried the other two render modes, and I got similar FPS rendering to my 3080 Ti (41-43 FPS) and rendering to my IGPU, an Intel 770, was around 40-42 FPS, but CPU was the best. No stuttering in any of those render modes though. Overall, great performance in complex airports on the ground, and then in the air up into the high 50's for FPS. Again, no stuttering on the ground or in the air. Very happy with this fine aircraft by Fenix! 🙂 

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

2 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

System specs in signature. No integrated GPU in here. Downgraded monitor to 60 Hz, FPS locked to 30 in MSFS. With displays in Performance, liveries in 4K, and using my GPU (has spare capacity) to drive my displays, I can keep the 30 FPS lock as long as I don't use AIG traffic at all. As soon as I move AIG traffic into the Community folder, CTDs every single time. I need to move all my AIG folders out of the Community folder if I wish to fly the Fenix. Luckily I have LVFR Static Traffic, which may help with immersion...but definitely there's a problem with my AIG AI installation at least (sorry, Kai).

Have you tried „verify setup“ in the AIG manager? Sounds like a corrupt model / livery.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

And in many of the videos, the host explained that streaming the video caused performance issues which is quite common. The Fenix runs smooth as silk on my not very expensive PC locked at 30 FPS. 

There a lot of stuttering videos on YouTube made by normal users, not streamers at all. In my opinion this Fenix A320 is a brick at the moment. If your plane runs smoothly please show it, sometimes the people love stellar features sacrificing good and smooth performance. My first requirement for a good simulation is smoothness.

• Like 1

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

12 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I don't understand your question. "Performance" is the lowest setting.

I went to balanced right from the start, knowing that my system is not the fastest. Now the 320 performs perfectly smooth at VSYNC30.  Nonetheless:  What would Performance do? I mean is this equivalent to like MCDU render time or how it’s called for eg the PMDG 737? If yes, is there a recognizable decrease in display smoothness when going to performance? Sorry, business travel so unable to check myself before next Wednesday

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

2 hours ago, Claudius_ said:

There a lot of stuttering videos on YouTube made by normal users, not streamers at all. In my opinion this Fenix A320 is a brick at the moment. If your plane runs smoothly please show it, sometimes the people love stellar features sacrificing good and smooth performance. My first requirement for a good simulation is smoothness.

well its  a smooth  brick on my  pc at the moment  🙂

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

48 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

well its  a smooth  brick on my  pc at the moment  🙂

Show it

2 hours ago, DAD said:

I went to balanced right from the start, knowing that my system is not the fastest. Now the 320 performs perfectly smooth at VSYNC30.  Nonetheless:  What would Performance do? I mean is this equivalent to like MCDU render time or how it’s called for eg the PMDG 737? If yes, is there a recognizable decrease in display smoothness when going to performance? Sorry, business travel so unable to check myself before next Wednesday

The different quality options for the displays in the Fenix app change the render resolution, not the refresh rate. So if you go to the lowest setting you can clearly see the displays becoming very fuzzy and ugly even from a distance. Quality is obviously good enough so that you can zoom right in, and balanced looks OK from where the pilot's point of view would be.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Makinen11 said:

The different quality options for the displays in the Fenix app change the render resolution, not the refresh rate. So if you go to the lowest setting you can clearly see the displays becoming very fuzzy and ugly even from a distance. Quality is obviously good enough so that you can zoom right in, and balanced looks OK from where the pilot's point of view would be.

It's interesting that the frame rate of the displays is obviously independent of the frame rate of the sim. I'm actually up to an acceptable frame rate in the sim now - I don't know what it is but to my eyes it feels fluid enough most of the time - but my displays are definitely choppy. Not to the extent they're unusable but you can certainly notice how stuttery the direction indicator moves during a turn or the speed tape during the takeoff run.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

56 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

Show it

Well, why don't you show us your specs for a start? 

• Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

4 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

Well, why don't you show us your specs for a start? 

Waiting for your silky smooth and unedited Fenix A320 video, these are my stellar specs: Ryzen 5800X, GTX 1080, 16Gb, Windows 11, SSD Crucial 1Tb, FHD Dell monitor. I run the sim with ultra settings, 250 terrain detail, 100 render scaling.

17 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

Waiting for your silky smooth and unedited Fenix A320 video, these are my stellar specs: Ryzen 5800X, GTX 1080, 16Gb, Windows 11, SSD Crucial 1Tb, FHD Dell monitor. I run the sim with ultra settings, 250 terrain detail, 100 render scaling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_q0AL7tgY0

looks  smooth to me

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

7 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_q0AL7tgY0

looks  smooth to me

It is not for my standards, it is not "silky" smooth, and appears that terrain and clouds rendering are strongly reduced, and he runs an excellent RTX 3080Ti.